shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm using Latisse, and it's working!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
i haven't tried latisse but had used Lilash a few months before the wedding in 2010 and my lashes literally sprouted ! took about 5 months for me to start seeing visible results. they were mostly longer and a tiny bit more voluminous. no side effects experienced. then i got lazy and a couple months after i stopped using it my lashes went back to where it was ...

now i just get professional japanese eyelash perming done (this is not lash extensions) every 3 months or so and also use japanese branded mascara and my lashes look pretty long and luscious (for an asian girl) !

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Attempting to post a picture of my lashes taken by my crappy cell phone.
Hope this shows how my lashes are longer, but still sparse after about 3 months of use, probably due to initial lashes falling out , and leaving several bald areas.

IMG00095.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting the photo, Jaysonsmom. Wow, your lashes are very long! If mine were that length, I'd be totally over the moon! I know it's only been a few days, but I've been checking my lashes and brows obsessively, he he! :lol:

Colltee

Rough_Rock
I bought a few tubes of Idol Lash and have been using it on and off for the past few months, more so a few months ago back in April/May when I was going on a big holiday, then I stopped using so frequently but am back putting it on most nights before bed, I leave it on the bathroom sink shelf so as to remind me to use it last thing before going to bed. I do think it works, I've definitely noticed my lashes are longer. Not thicker, but most definitely longer.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it's been just over a week but I could swear my lashes are a tiny smidgen longer and seem to be a tiny tiny bit thicker too. YAY!! :bigsmile: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Report back in a few weeks Phoenix...I'm sure you'll be able to tell a difference!

THanks for posting the picture Jasonsmom. Your eyelashes look really long. I would be thrilled if I were you!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It took me almost 2 months to really see any difference, so a week's turnaround is envy inducing.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to derail the thread, but I had good success with both the L'Oreal lash serum and a brow and lash formula made by a company called Skinactives, both of which can be purchased without a prescription. I'm now using just the L'Oreal serum because I can get it at any drugstore (the Skinactives has to be ordered via the i-net) and because you're supposed to refrigerate the skinactives formula, althought I never did. I haven't tried Latisse so I don't know how my results compare, but... if anyone is looking for an inexpensive option that doesn't require a prescription, the L'Oreal serum is worth a try.

ETA it also works for my mother, who's ethnicity is very different from my father's... and somewhat different from mine. ;-)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm happy to report that my previously stubby 2-3mm lashes have now grown to 5-6mm after eight weeks of usage! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1318773098|3041434 said:
I'm happy to report that my previously stubby 2-3mm lashes have now grown to 5-6mm after eight weeks of usage! :appl:

Thats great Phoenix! When will they come out with "Latisse for Diamonds"! (Not that you would need that Phoenix!)

Have you considered putting latisse on your eye-brows? Take before/after pics if you do. I need both eye-lashes and eye-brows.
(I'm still considering permanent eye-brows but havent worked up the nerve yet. Still trying to justify the cost too.)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1318781876|3041496 said:

Thats great Phoenix! When will they come out with "Latisse for Diamonds"! (Not that you would need that Phoenix!)

Have you considered putting latisse on your eye-brows? Take before/after pics if you do. I need both eye-lashes and eye-brows.
(I'm still considering permanent eye-brows but havent worked up the nerve yet. Still trying to justify the cost too.)

"Latisse for diamonds", lol!! That'd be great, wouldn't it? Believe me, I'd totally need that, he he!! :twirl:

I've been putting Latisse on eyebrows too but it doesn't seem to have produced any result. I read recently somewhere on YouTube that you can try putting petroleum jelly on yr lashes and brows to encourage growth. So for the last week or so, I've been putting p.j. on my lower lashes (since you're not supposed to put Latisse on yr lower lashes - I don't know why) and eyebrows. I'll report back if I see any improvement.

I too have been thinking of getting permanent eyebrows, but it costs something like $1-2k. I can't see how I can just justify spending that kind of money either on my brows, not to mention the excruciating pain!! :knockout:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1318783816|3041511 said:
tyty333|1318781876|3041496 said:

"Latisse for diamonds", lol!! That'd be great, wouldn't it? Believe me, I'd totally need that, he he!! :twirl:

I've been putting Latisse on eyebrows too but it doesn't seem to have produced any result. I read recently somewhere on YouTube that you can try putting petroleum jelly on yr lashes and brows to encourage growth. So for the last week or so, I've been putting p.j. on my lower lashes (since you're not supposed to put Latisse on yr lower lashes - I don't know why) and eyebrows. I'll report back if I see any improvement.

I too have been thinking of getting permanent eyebrows, but it costs something like $1-2k. I can't see how I can just justify spending that kind of money either on my brows, not to mention the excruciating pain!! :knockout:

Wow...$1-2k! Here in the states is only about $450/500. Still a lot for me for eyebrows but I'm thinking it would make a nice
xmas gift! Next time I see my Doc I'm going to ask for a Latisse prescription since it seems like most people are having
good luck with it. I hate using mascara!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
The chances of getting permanent brown eye pigmentation are incredibly low. This is a side effect that happened occasionally when it was first being used for what it was originally intended--to treat glaucoma. When being used for glaucoma it was put directly in the eye. One of my best friends is a nurse practitioner for a plastic surgeon. She recently had an injectibles clinic and I went as her model/pincushion. One of the doctors there pioneered the use of latisse for eyelash growth and in the years he has been working with it he has never seen or heard of brown eye pigmentation occurring. Just FYI for anyone worried about that side effect!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely would advise against tattooed on brows. My aunt had hers done because she literally has like 5 hairs there, and it's faded so badly. It does not look good anymore.

I have been using the "remnants" of the latisse on the brush after I do my eyelashes along my brow line.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1318855105|3041912 said:
I definitely would advise against tattooed on brows. My aunt had hers done because she literally has like 5 hairs there, and it's faded so badly. It does not look good anymore.

I have been using the "remnants" of the latisse on the brush after I do my eyelashes along my brow line.

Why doesnt she go back and have them re-done? Permanent eye-brows are not actually permanent (like a tattoo). From
what I have read you have to go back once in the first year (which is usually included in your initial cost) then go back
anywhere from 5-10 years later depending whether you stay out of the sun (and a few other things).

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously I have no idea. She needs to. I assume she had the first touchup if it was included, but followups I doubt. When she first got them it really looked like real hair from all but right on top of her, because they did shading with hair strokes but now it's just like gray lines. My 15 year old neck tattoo looks better than that and I didn't sunblock that for like the last decade. Its still mostly black and red.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it's been a while since the last post, and I thought it'd be a good idea to show what my lashes look like now, about 16-18 weeks after I'd started using Latisse.

I do have some mascara on but as you can see the lashes are quite long. My real "before" lashes were non-existent. I'm very happy with the result. I think this is as far as they go though, as after 16-18 weeks (or roughly 4 months) the lashes fall out (and new lashes grow hopefully) which seems to be part of the natural cycle.

Phx_eye 1.jpg

Phx_eye 2.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea they do start falling out. I think that this stuff seems to "Extend" the natural cycle a bit, at least on me.

I do notice shorter areas when the last coming in isn't all the way grown out like the one it's replacing.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great Pheonix! I havent gotten a prescription yet. I did buy some Lorel Serum (since it was cheap and over the
counter) and after 8 weeks I cant really see much difference. Maybe just a tad but in my book not really worth it. Looks like
I need some real Latisse.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, your lashes are TDF!! Were you applying it on your lower lashes, as well?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1325527716|3093524 said:
They look great Pheonix! I havent gotten a prescription yet. I did buy some Lorel Serum (since it was cheap and over the
counter) and after 8 weeks I cant really see much difference. Maybe just a tad but in my book not really worth it. Looks like

I was wondering how yours were going actually. Yes, I think it's one of those things where you have to spend a bit more as the end result is so worth it. Look at it this way - at least it's less expensive in the US, here in SG that stuff is like liquid gold (costs almost as much)!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1325534962|3093594 said:
Phoenix, your lashes are TDF!! Were you applying it on your lower lashes, as well?

He he, I think the longer lower lashes are just a happy side-effect. You're only supposed to put it on (the end of) your upper lashes. I guess when you go to sleep, since your eyes are closed, some of the liquid must run from the upper lids and thus touch the lower lashes too. I swear my lower lashes now are longer than my original upper lashes! :twirl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1325527716|3093524 said:
If you don't see any impact by 12 weeks get the Latisse. It took at least 8 weeks to really notice anything.

Phoenix|1325562944|3093854 said:
madelise|1325534962|3093594 said:

He he, I think the longer lower lashes are just a happy side-effect. You're only supposed to put it on (the end of) your upper lashes. I guess when you go to sleep, since your eyes are closed, some of the liquid must run from the upper lids and thus touch the lower lashes too. I swear my lower lashes now are longer than my original upper lashes! :twirl:
The end of your lashes? You're putting it on your skin right at where the lashes and skin meet right? But yes it definitely will "run" a bit.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="ame|:[/quote]
The end of your lashes? You're putting it on your skin right at where the lashes and skin meet right? But yes it definitely will "run" a bit.[/quote]

Yes, that's exactly what I mean, ie. the base where the skin and lashes meet.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok good, when read "end" I was like "Wait...shes putting it on the tips of her lashes??"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results