shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Introducing Midori, my new emerald bling!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So…I guess my husband didn’t get the memo that I am on Ban Island. Gifts are not against the B.I. rules, right? :lol-2:

He gifted me my very first emerald project and I have been obsessed with the green gems ever since! He knows that I have been searching for a bigger emerald to commemorate an upcoming milestone birthday. I’m pretty sure I’ve bored him to tears talking about “emerald this and emerald that” lol. We even discussed traveling to Colombia to visit some sellers/mines.

When this piece showed up at one of our favorite shops, I fell in love. I wasn’t planning on acquiring another emerald so soon, but hubby knows me so well..he green-lighted the purchase immediately. He said, “consider it your (early) anniversary present!” <3

Meet Midori :mrgreen: So difficult to capture her vivid glow on camera (my smaller emerald is much more photogenic), but now I understand the allure of darker emeralds!

IMG_9938.jpegIMG_0009.jpegIMG_0040.jpeg

So…I guess my husband didn’t get the memo that I am on Ban Island. Gifts are not against the B.I. rules, right? :lol-2:

He gifted me my very first emerald project and I have been obsessed with the green gems ever since! He knows that I have been searching for a bigger emerald to commemorate an upcoming milestone birthday. I’m pretty sure I’ve bored him to tears talking about “emerald this and emerald that” lol. We even discussed traveling to Colombia to visit some sellers/mines.

When this piece showed up at one of our favorite shops, I fell in love. I wasn’t planning on acquiring another emerald so soon, but hubby knows me so well..he green-lighted the purchase immediately. He said, “consider it your (early) anniversary present!” <3

Meet Midori :mrgreen: So difficult to capture her vivid glow on camera (my smaller emerald is much more photogenic), but now I understand the allure of darker emeralds!

IMG_9938.jpegIMG_0009.jpegIMG_0040.jpeg

Now that’s an emerald! Happy Anniversary!

Oh wow!! What a gorgeous & honking emerald! I know not everyone likes jardin in an emerald, but I think it’s the most beautiful thing about them - it’s like an individual personality & a fingerprint :kiss2:

Happy early anniversary!

Oh wow!! What a gorgeous & honking emerald! I know not everyone likes jardin in an emerald, but I think it’s the most beautiful thing about them - it’s like an individual personality & a fingerprint :kiss2:

Happy early anniversary!

Thanks Ally!! I am so happy with it. ITA with the “emerald fingerprint”…I love the look of the jardin in this stone!
IMG_9934.jpeg

Thanks Ally!! I am so happy with it. ITA with the “emerald fingerprint”…I love the look of the jardin in this stone!
IMG_9934.jpeg

Beautiful! Like green wispy clouds :kiss2:

I die! That jardin is so glorious. In such a large stone you can truly see how it gets the name. Like blades of grass.

Congrats! I like how the 2 rings/emeralds are so different from each other.

Oh la la, venture into BIG halo.

Darn it, I was so looking forward to your traveling endeavor.

Absolutely stunning emerald and ring! I love the jardin, it's so beautiful and I love that it shows what the stone went through while being formed. :kiss2:

Congrats! I like how the 2 rings/emeralds are so different from each other.

Oh la la, venture into BIG halo.

Darn it, I was so looking forward to your traveling endeavor.

Thanks Neptune! They are so different and I love them both!

Haha re: halo - I was actually considering resetting it but it's growing on me…I may just become a big halo convert :mrgreen:

You’ll laugh - I was actually hesitating and my husband asked me why. I told him I was afraid I would still want to get my emerald from Bogota. He said don’t worry about that, we can still travel there!

Absolutely stunning emerald and ring! I love the jardin, it's so beautiful and I love that it shows what the stone went through while being formed. :kiss2:

Thank you so much @newtojewels ! It’s a bit OTT for my everyday style, but I could not resist :D I am a fan of the jardin as well!

Thank you so much @newtojewels ! It’s a bit OTT for my everyday style, but I could not resist :D I am a fan of the jardin as well!

That's why you have the other emerald ring!

Omg I love love love love loveeeeeeee it!!!!!!

Beautiful!!!!! Nothing beats the emerald glow does it???!!!

Is your camera being difficult about the photos? Mine auto corrects my emerald to a nasty yellow green!

Thanks Neptune! They are so different and I love them both!

Haha re: halo - I was actually considering resetting it but it's growing on me…I may just become a big halo convert :mrgreen:

You’ll laugh - I was actually hesitating and my husband asked me why. I told him I was afraid I would still want to get my emerald from Bogota. He said don’t worry about that, we can still travel there!

You can ALWAYS get a third!

Sometimes my mind wanders there……..

Lord in Heaven, that is a GORGEOUS ring! Please don’t reset it - that emerald NEEDS a chunky halo! I love and prefer the darker emeralds. Amazing.

Wow! That's a stunner! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Happy early anniversary and what an amazing and glorious emerald ring. You guys are making me want an emerald now. It's so beautiful and the glow is just unreal. I can't imagine what it looks like irl.

Stunning, and her name is perfect — such a true green she is! Happy anniversary!

Noooo….you can totally wear this with jeans and a t-shirt :lol:

Love it!

Happy Anniversary @Eli22 ! Need more dets on massive emerald! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results