clarity

Is a PSer getting one of these rings?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
mege ring is no longer on hold. I wonder what happened

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
I'll be sure to post pics when it's all set, softly softly, and thanks again :D

Thank you for your advice diamondseeker, I'll be sure to do at least 1.8mm for the band at least then, even 2mm if needed. I'd hate to damage or loose it :knockout:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MGR, I did decide to consign my ring with JbEG. I just wasn't wearing it and I felt sick that we had spent so much money on something that wasn't seeing the light of day. I wish that I had gone with that setting with a smaller center stone...maybe 2 carats...I asked Grace what the smallest stone we could put in my ring would be and she said around 9-9.5mm. The current stone was 9.42mm so I didn't think a 9mm stone would appear much smaller. My plan is to keep it on consignment and see what happens. If I don't get a reasonable offer for it, I'll just keep it and hope that as I get older, I become more comfortable wearing it.

Softlysoftly, I did consider resetting the center stone in a solitaire setting, but was afraid to since I really didn't like the way the stone looked in the original bullet cut side stone setting. I wasn't sure that a solitaire would feel much different from the setting I didn't like.

That said, I don't know what my plans are. I am wearing my 20 pointer eternity band on my left hand and am perfectly happy with it. It suits my daily lifestyle and I'm totally comfortable wearing it everywhere go.

Right after I bought my ring, I discovered OECs and the love affair is still going strong, even though I've never seen one in person. Grace has been so kind about offering to send me the ring on their site that I'm interested in, so I guess I'll know soon enough if I like the OECs as much in person as I do in photos.

Either way, I plan to take my time with this. While I do LOVE the ring that I had/have, I've realized that I want to be totally comfortable wearing whatever I get on a daily basis for the rest of my life, and for me, that doesn't mean a 5ctw ering.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best of luck with the consignment!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yenny if it does not sell, please set it in a simple low-profile solitaire and see what you think. I bet it will totally change how you feel about it.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks MGR. Dreamer, I'll take your suggestion into strong consideration if it comes down to keeping it.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Yenny, what section is it under? I'd love to see it...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Maplefemme, it's the last item on page 2 of the Modern and Estate jewelry section...

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
*swoon* what a beauty! :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Maplefemme! I hope that someone in the market for a ring like this agrees with you! ;))

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
I'll keep an ear out, I have mentioned JbEG to a few clients in the market for a diamond. I think once I get mine it'll give them more confidence to look at the US for vendors. In my experience, compared to vendors up here, vendors on PS outmatch in terms of selection, knowledge, and price. We had tried a lot of vendors up here before heading South to JbEG and I'm beyond impressed by Grace's customer service. Also, just hearing member's experiences with PS vendors, of such a positive nature.

We passed by a very large new jewellers a few months back and my other half said let's pop in and look at men's bands. Out of curiousity he asked if they had any cushions (we had initially purchased a cushion and have an affinity for them) the manager looked at him like he had two heads "what's a cushion?"...we left, we didn't even look at the bands.

Just yesterday I had a client in who spent $23,000 on eBay for a RB that she got appraised and the seller was way off on grade and color, even though he had 100%+ feedback. She sent it back and luckily he refunded her fully. Now she said she will never buy online again. I suggested to at least come here and give the vendors an opportunity whilst also asking PS'ers, with a wealth of experience, questions, so she's well armed and informed at least.
I just haven't found local to be better, and we live in a large city.
All of the positive attributes I have mentioned, paired with a current attractive currency exchange rate, makes buying from reputable US vendors very viable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results