shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a fake Cartier?

mcc

Rough_Rock
The stamp is all on 1 line. I’m interested in buying this ring but all the stamps I see online are on 2 lines… is this a fake? IMG_4339.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4338.jpeg
    IMG_4338.jpeg
    565.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4337.jpeg
    IMG_4337.jpeg
    741 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4336.jpeg
    IMG_4336.jpeg
    396 KB · Views: 45
This ring is probably the single most counterfeited piece in the entire world of jewellery…

Unfortunately Cartier pieces are a huge counterfeit problem.
Some ever go so far as to supply fake certification. So it is a risk to buy pre loved unless you can obtain verification.
One way is to know the precise weight of the item you are purchasing and compare that to the known weight of a genuine piece. While some fakes are in solid 18k, they are rarer. If you were to buy a fake in solid 18k at least you have the gold value as an offset.

I like Cartier (in general) but I didn't even know they had rings with a giant maker's mark on the outside?! And spanning the width of the shank -- who needs that? It's...it's...it's Juicy Couture for your finger is what it is.

I like Cartier (in general) but I didn't even know they had rings with a giant maker's mark on the outside?! And spanning the width of the shank -- who needs that? It's...it's...it's Juicy Couture for your finger is what it is.

I mean it’s on the inside too? All the big brands do it. Esp in their entry tier pieces (and no disrespect intended with that term, I’ve got a few myself!)

Victoria’s Secret on the inside and Juicy Couture on the outside :bigsmile:

we get so many threads like this and so many turn out to be fake
caveat emptor

The whole point of owning designer jewelry is to remind yourself and let others know you are wearing something special/coveted. I’m not criticizing, I’m actually impressed with the discipline. I will eventually find something for myself…

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP