shape
carat
color
clarity

It’s finally here! My new Leon Mege! - special thanks Snooper!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spike13

Shiny_Rock
A few years ago I discovered PS and through it Leon Mege. I always knew when the time came I wanted him to make my ring. So earlier this year, when my BF finally proposed, I excitedly searched for my diamond. I knew I wanted one with strong fluorescence. Through PS I also found Good Old Gold’s website. It was a great place to learn about the different aspects of diamonds and from their videos I was able to see examples of all the different terminology such as fire, brilliance, etc.

After what seemed like an eternity searching I found a 1.32 hearts and arrows G VS2 with strong fluorescence.

Jonathon at GOG was wonderful. Before I made the final purchase, he sent a video comparison showing the one I picked out next to other possible contenders. link to video The service I received at GOG was far more personalized and detailed than my experiences in brick and mortar jewelers. B&M stores seem to rely heavily on the myth and emotion of buying diamonds. Whereas at GOG, I could see in microscopic detail what my stone looked like. They sell based on educating the customer. For me, a person who likes data, I felt a lot more comfortable knowing all the technical information than I did with some creepy salesperson giving me some worn out sales pitch.

When I called Jonathon to make the final decision, I happened to catch him right as his staff was bringing in his birthday cake! It was very cute to hear them all singing to him.

Once the stone was bought, I contacted Leon. I was more nervous to work with him than I was on my first date with my FI.

After all the various love and hate posts here, I wasn’t sure what to expect. He turned out to be really great to work with. Rachael, his assistant, was also amazing, she was very responsive throughout the process. I was so worried I wouldn’t be able to clearly describe what I wanted. Luckily, I had a couple of examples of other rings he had done that were similar to the one I wanted. I also asked him to make my band so I’d be sure the set fit flush and the shank of the band was the same shape and width as the ering. A huge thanks to Snooper for posting pics of her set, answering my questions and sharing information! I would not have the beautiful set I do without your help!!!

Outside of key aspects such as low profile and sitting as flush as possible with the band, I went with what he advised. Even though I am one to obsess over details, I put that aside. I picked him because he is a master designer, I realized he had far more experience in designing the subtleties of a setting than I did. It was a little scary to put that much trust into such an emotionally charged project and nerve wrecking to know I wouldn’t see anything until it was complete. Happily, the results were well worth the torture of the wait!

And now for the pics.

Love at first site

pic1_ss.jpg

hearts

hearts_ss.jpg

arrows

arrows_ss.jpg

more

aset_ss.jpg

one more for the geeks in the room...

ltsc_ss.jpg

incase_ss.jpg

Handshot!

size 7

onhand_ss.jpg

sparkle_ss.jpg

Spike, how WONDERFUL to see such a classic setting as that, great job!!!!!!!!

set

set_ss.jpg

from the side

set_side_ss.jpg

Fluorescence goodness! Under what I affectionately call the CSI flashlight aka the black light. The coolest part is, after you turn off the flashlight it glows a very dim yellow.

glow_ss.jpg

Date: 12/4/2008 5:48:33 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thank you! The whole experience from my first days on PS to completion has been so wonderful and special!

Date: 12/4/2008 5:56:34 AM
Author: spike13

Date: 12/4/2008 5:48:33 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thank you! The whole experience from my first days on PS to completion has been so wonderful and special!
You are most welcome and I am so glad that Pricescope was able to play such a positive role in helping you find such a gorgeous ring!!
35.gif

Congratulations your rings are beautiful, I love LM designs they are just so simply fluid :)

Very pretty! I love baguettes and we just never see alot of them. He has such a knack for setting those sidestones so that they look like they flow right out of the diamond.

Absolutely beautiful and looks great with the band! Enjoy your rings!

Oh, I love it, Spike!!! Congratulations on your engagement, and enjoy your gorgeous rings!!!!!
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

At last, the final product! The proportions of the side stones in relation to the center are perfect! I''m glad some of my posts helped you! Bit biased but I of course LOVE your setting! Awesome (and smart IMO) that you ordered the plain band at the same time so that they are the same width/height, etc.,

Your fluorescence picture is so sci-fi! Look forward to more pictures and congrats on a timeless, classic, and gorgeous set
36.gif

Forgot to add, great looking RB! Do the bags have some fluor or is it just a reflection from your RB? On my end it looks like they might have some fluor?
30.gif

Congrats! It''s gorgeous and classic. Just perfect.

Date: 12/4/2008 8:18:07 AM
Author: neatfreak
Congrats! It''s gorgeous and classic. Just perfect.

Ditto-it''s stunning!

I LOVE the set!! Just gorgeous! Round with tapered baguettes--such a classic!

Holy cow is that gorgeous, spike! So glad your experiences with the jewelers were good and that you love the end product, you should they''re perfect!

Awesome AWESOME ring!!!! Congratulations, it''s absolutely lovely. The florescence picture is especially great
36.gif

Wow, what a stunning ring! It''s sheer perfection! I
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
it. Ohh, wait ''till Dreamgirl sees this - she''ll be in eye candy heaven
1.gif

Your ring is divine!!!! Leon did a great job showcasing your stone!
36.gif

Very classic and beautiful, congratulations!!!

Spike, I love it!
30.gif
It''s beautiful. Your ring makes me want a RB!
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP