shape
carat
color
clarity

It’s not a diamond, it’s not round.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m just here with my sad story that just gets sadder.
Apparently my lab diamond has been determined a Biosecurity hazard.
I tried to ascertain why or how a lab diamond, essentially pure carbon and inert could be subject to quarantine and further testing.
Bear with me as I try to not have a screaming breakdown.

Govt officer - the documentation received with your import doesn’t match the goods in the parcel.
Me - Excuse me? (I’m thinking did they send the wrong diamond? Surely not).
Govt officer - the documentation shows a round diamond whereas the article is rectangular.
Me - sorry, what!
Govt officer - diamonds are round and the article is not.
Me - it’s a baguette shape, that a rectangle.
Govt officer - diamonds are round and the document indicates a round diamond. We do not know what composition this article is and unless the correct and matching documentation is received it remains under investigation.
Me - (trying to gather my wits) but the Documentation does match the diamond. The diamond will have the number from the report engraved on its girdle.
Govt officer - I don’t under what you mean, girdle, that’s female clothing.
Me - the edge of the diamond is called a girdle
Govt officer - silence - chirp chirp chirp
Me - if you have a Loupe with high enough magnification, like x60, you’ll be able to read it.
Govt officer - silence then, if necessary a small proportion of the article will be removed for testing
Me - interjecting no, if you do that you’ll ruin the diamond
Govt officer - if we don’t have correct documentation we are entitled to test the article to ensure that it is not a prohibited or toxic substance.
Me (in my head OMG I can’t believe this) oh um ok.
Govt officer - please arrange the correct documentation so we can release the article to you.
Me - ok, bye.
This is the document that shows a round diamond and therefore doesn’t match my baguette diamond.
IMG_0030.jpeg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP