shape
carat
color
clarity

K color vvs2 in white gold settings?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're worried about color I think you'd stay away from the IGI stone. It does look warmer than most K's I've seen. But perhaps you could ask for a video with a side by side of the that one and the one you've been considering. See if they will put them face down on white? I don't know if JA will do that but you could ask.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone thoughts on the 1.53 Kvvs2 I just posted

I rather like the cut on this one!

The first one had quite a bit of pavilion twist that isn’t present in your second pick. However, I am a relative newbie, so take my words with a grain of salt.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone thoughts on the 1.53 Kvvs2 I just posted

This is a nice stone...no worries! I own an ACA K 1.66 stone. Most of the time it looks white (maybe not bright white) but it does show
it's tint in certain lighting. Apparently I'm not bothered by the tint because I plan on updating and sticking with a K color (for budget
reasons). My stone is in a yellow gold setting though. If I have to upgrade the setting for my next stone I plan on going with a white
head and a yellow gold band.

*FYI - you do see the tint from the side. If you dont want the tint to be too visible from the side then you need to put it in a setting
that has more of a "closed in" gallery.

My stone looking pretty white here in outdoor lighting.

Seeing some tint from the side in outdoor lighting.
1.66 side view.jpg

90marv90

Rough_Rock
This is the ideal scope image 20240708_191334.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we pretty much agree that if you can get an ACA with the same specs in your budget, you should do that. Then you wouldn't need to struggle about whether or not it's a good stone. You will know that it is and be confident in what you are buying. If you look at the ACA's posted by @freddyboston you could just pick one. Or ask WF to line them all up in a video, face up and face down and see if one shows more or less tint since color grades are a range. Also the SA at WF will tell you which they think is best and I think they are pretty forthcoming about that. But you will know that the cut isn't something you have to question.

90marv90

Rough_Rock
I understand and what everyone is saying and taking it in and agree that WF has amazing stones but I also have been trying to take the info that everyone has been providing me and trying to get better at being able to identify a good stone I have seen a couple of stones on WF that I may decide to go with you all have provided but I still want to learn how to pick a good stone so I may post a stone to see I am seeing the bad characters in that stone that some of you have pointed out doing this process because my 1st stone I picked out was really bad but originally I thought I did a good job but when I posted it many immediately knew it was a bad stone but I think have learned alot from you all just trying to apply the knowledge being given to get a better understanding as I search if any of this makes sense

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get that, so you are using this as more than just picking out "this" stone, but also as a general learning experience. I didn't understand that and thought you were just struggling on what to choose. But it's more than that. Just don't wait too long and lose out on one of the WF stones posted. There are lurkers who snap stones up from under folks and you don't want that to happen as these are in your budget and parameters.

90marv90

Rough_Rock
Yeah I know that will happen I have already seen it and my budget wasn't really able to get me nothing but some crap that is why I tried to expand it a little bit more and came down in clarity

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1.53 isnt as nice as an ACA which is cut with tighter numbers. The 1.54 is an AGS000 which means its a lot better than
most stones but still a step down from an ACA.

You wont see this circle of ligher red/pink in an ACA
Screenshot 2024-07-09 080510.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure how far your budget stretches but wondering if you would be better off lowering the clarity and upping the color to a J.

WF has this Expert Selection stone...J with med Blue fluro. Stones with med fluro wont make the ACA line.

You can ask WF for side-by-side pics (like a 1.5ish J next to a 1.5ish K). Face up and in a tray face down so you can see
the color difference. When you reach J and K colors its a bigger range of tint than up at the DEF level so you may find some
that are showing a little more tint than others at the same color. Best to ask the SA which one is the least tinted since they can
pull them and see them in person. Its a very minute amount so YMMV depending on how tuned in you are to color/tint.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Use these numbers to search for diamonds:
Table 53-57
Crown angle 34 - 35
Pavilion 40.6 - 40.9
Depth no more than 62.2

Look at the images of the Whiteflash diamonds. The IS images (red ones) show no white areas.
The other images show great arrow pictures as well as heart images being symmetrical. Those are the gold standard to measure against.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wear a 0.93/K/vvs2 set in white gold every day in my wedding ring. I look at it often and customers look at it often. It's a super-ideal hearts and arrows cut by a company that used to be here called CBI. No one has EVER noticed the color, even after I point it out. I love it.

90marv90

Rough_Rock
Oh ok thanks to everyone who replied back with all the helpa d comments. Since most have recommended trying WF I have decided to give them a shot to see if they have anything within my budget

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you're budget is still in the $7k range then these posted above would work for you.
For the same $7k TH @ JH you're in ACA K territory.... Whiteflash might be better

1720442734060.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results