shape
carat
color
clarity

lab grown diamond purchase- maybe?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been tossing around idea of a lab grown diamond for months. I’ve been casually browsing but haven’t been able to bring myself to pull the trigger. I was browsing last night and found something unique that made my heart sing. I purchased it right away and was super excited about it. I woke up this morning and did my usual scrolling through IG and I noticed a vendor had just posted my LGD for sale. The exact one that I had purchased last night. The diamond was posted on multiple websites and is still showing as available on multiple websites. Anyways, I noticed about an hour later that the vendor had marked the diamond as sold. The exact diamond I had purchased last night. So now I’m wondering if it was marked as sold because it showed up that I purchased it last night or because the vendor sold it as well. It’s the weekend so I suppose it’s up in the air. Is it just first come first serve with these drop ship situations? Do they call it in or does it automatically remove from vendors inventory when it’s sold? how do these things work? I purchased the diamond before the IG vendor even posted it for sale but I did purchase after hours on a Friday night. I’m now in limbo wondering if the diamond is mine or not.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, Mjay!
Any EGD or LGD sold through the virtual supply chain is first come, first serve.
It is largely dependent on the speed of the seller updating their inventory feeds to show a diamond as no longer available...I've run into many diamonds that show available on one site, but unavailable on some others because those others were quick to update their feeds.
The best thing to do right now is take a deep breath and keep fingers crossed that you are the reason that it is now showing as sold/unavailable instead of someone else that may have been shopping close to the same time that you were.
Good and luck and hopefully that you get some great news in the next day or two!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, Mjay!
Any EGD or LGD sold through the virtual supply chain is first come, first serve.
It is largely dependent on the speed of the seller updating their inventory feeds to show a diamond as no longer available...I've run into many diamonds that show available on one site, but unavailable on some others because those others were quick to update their feeds.
The best thing to do right now is take a deep breath and keep fingers crossed that you are the reason that it is now showing as sold/unavailable instead of someone else that may have been shopping close to the same time that you were.
Good and luck and hopefully that you get some great news in the next day or two!

Thank you so much for explaining how it works! I’m definitely anxious about it. If it’s me vs the IG vendor time wise it should be mine but the fact that it was posted and “sold” hours later makes me think there was a lag or perhaps they had secured it for their own inventory before I had purchased. I’m hoping I’m going to be able to update with positive news!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, Mjay!

Came here to say this. Fingers crossed for you OP!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Came here to say this. Fingers crossed for you OP!

Thank you! I just messaged the company that I purchased it from but I doubt I will hear back on a Sunday. I will be pretty bummed if it isn’t mine but I have been trying to save for my natural marquise/moval so it might be for the best.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
My guess is the IG vendor who posted your diamond after you bought it didn't realize that is is sold and unavailable. He/she might not find out until someone tries to buy it from them. I would think if your payment is accepted you have a strong case.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I heard back from the vendor that I purchased from. They said it will take 1 to 2 business days to receive confirmation. Hoping for the best but I have a feeling that the IG vendor may have already had it pulled or reserved for their inventory.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Sh*t! I am so sorry! That's a kick in the teeth.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That's a total bummer...so sorry to hear that news.
Do you have the grading report number and approximate price of it from the seller that you were working with?
We would be happy to try and find some alternatives for you to at least take a look at.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you guys for all of the encouragement. I’m just going to keep casually looking. I’m not really looking for anything in particular. Just something that makes my heart sing. This was a super enlongated antique cushion. The jeweler that I purchased from (Raad jewelers) was amazing and super responsive. They offered a few really close alternatives at a discount but I didn’t care for anything. They refunded me right away. Lesson learned though and next time I’m gonna reach out and have them secure the stone before I pay.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you guys for all of the encouragement. I’m just going to keep casually looking. I’m not really looking for anything in particular. Just something that makes my heart sing. This was a super enlongated antique cushion. The jeweler that I purchased from (Raad jewelers) was amazing and super responsive. They offered a few really close alternatives at a discount but I didn’t care for anything. They refunded me right away. Lesson learned though and next time I’m gonna reach out and have them secure the stone before I pay.

I'm sorry this one got past you. I'm sure the ring one will come along! If you're open to sharing the one that got away, as @DejaWiz mentioned, we'd be happy to pass along any options we come across. I, for one, am constantly browsing lab diamond sites even though I'm not in the market and come across this type of cut occasionally. Others here may also!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results