shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies...are you afraid to ask your husband for an upgrade?

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Re: ladies...are you afraid to ask your husband for an upgra

Nope....what he doesn't know, doesn't hurt me! :naughty: :naughty: LOL Actually, I don't even think he notices and if he does, he doesn't say anything. I don't buy on credit but rather save for what I want. He does the same.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

swingirl|1307930008|2944406 said:
I am afraid to ask for an upgrade because then he'll want a new motorcycle. And then I'll have to upgrade my earrings and he'll want to upgrade his bass guitar. And then ... we'll be in the poor house!

haha, I had to show this one to my fiance and he totally agrees... :bigsmile:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

nope i wouldnt ask him however, i would discuss it with him because of the money it would take to upgrade.

tigian

Ideal_Rock

Afraid? No. My DH actually volunteered a couple times saying that once his career got established, he would want to upgrade my ring. I definitely didn't say no, but I also don't want to seem unappreciative of what I have. When the time comes, I will be leaving hints and reminders.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

Zoe|1307877915|2943933 said:
I've told him about our vendor's upgrade policy and he asked "why would you want to upgrade the perfect ring?" So, I guess that's a no. However, there's always the option to buy another diamond ring and just add to my paltry collection...of one. :cheeky:

I will never upgrade my diamond. It's a great size, it's still my favorite shape. I can't imagine ever spending that much on a diamond again let alone even more. I don't think fear plays a part in it. I don't fear spending more money on more diamonds. I know our financial situation.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

swingirl|1307930008|2944406 said:
I am afraid to ask for an upgrade because then he'll want a new motorcycle. And then I'll have to upgrade my earrings and he'll want to upgrade his bass guitar. And then ... we'll be in the poor house!

hahaha - when I bought my earrings, my dh also got something. It just didn't seem right that I got a pair of fancy new studs since I'm a SAHM while he bring in the $, so he bought a new hot tub. lol

Oh, and when I was REALLY wanting an upgrade, you know what my husband bought me instead? A new car! That was years back. It was a good decision.

ETA - unlike everyone else, YES I'd be afraid to ask my dh. The deal is he's developed some new hobbies and if I asked for some sparkily things, he'd instead get me something that he is currently insisting I'd enjoy having, but am not sure I really want. Once I asked for an eternity band and YES the fear sank in when instead an LCD TV and DVD player appeared before me. lol

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Farleysmom|1307995394|2944929 said:
Nope....what he doesn't know, doesn't hurt me! :naughty: :naughty: LOL Actually, I don't even think he notices and if he does, he doesn't say anything. I don't buy on credit but rather save for what I want. He does the same.

ROTFL... What he doesnt know, doesn't hurt me! Haha :lol:

purselover

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire|1307906020|2944178 said:
purselover|1307886987|2943992 said:
Not at all! DH and I agreed on an upgrade before we were even engaged, honestly if he told me no he'd better have a really good reason. If the money is there I see no reason not to upgrade as often as you want.
would you married him if there were no such agreement ?... :bigsmile:

Honestly probably not when I did I would have held out for a much bigger ring. Also I would have had a lot to think about regarding how he viewed money and things that were important to me. He can be extremely extravagant when it comes to things he wants so if he said no bigger diamonds in the future I would not be a happy camper. :angryfire: Fortunately DH agrees I can have as many new ering and wedding bands as I want.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

purselover|1308105166|2946211 said:
Dancing Fire|1307906020|2944178 said:
purselover|1307886987|2943992 said:
Not at all! DH and I agreed on an upgrade before we were even engaged, honestly if he told me no he'd better have a really good reason. If the money is there I see no reason not to upgrade as often as you want.
would you married him if there were no such agreement ?... :bigsmile:

Honestly probably not when I did I would have held out for a much bigger ring. Also I would have had a lot to think about regarding how he viewed money and things that were important to me. He can be extremely extravagant when it comes to things he wants so if he said no bigger diamonds in the future I would not be a happy camper. :angryfire: Fortunately DH agrees I can have as many new ering and wedding bands as I want.

well...at least you are honest :bigsmile:.. not one those... "i would have said yes even if he proposed with a cigar band" line.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

My husband surpised me with my upgrade. I was happy with what I had, but he floored me .. The kids came home and blurted it out.. I was like no way.. I told him, this is too much... But didn't talk him out of it, LOL...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don't want to upgrade my ering but if I did I wouldn't be afraid to ask DH. I'd just blurt it out and say it to him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results