shape
carat
color
clarity

Lemony''s Re-Set: From Halo to 3 Stone

Congratulations Amethyst - it''s gorgeous and I''m really happy for you :)

BEAUTIFUL!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LOVE IT!!!! I loved your old setting, but I love this even more!!!

30.gif
Wow, I loved your original ring, that your reset is beyond amazing!!!Put that baby on and enjoy it!!

Oh My Gosh !

I have always loved the shape of your pear and the color just drew me in.

The new setting is awesome. I bet you can''t stop looking at it!!
What an incredible ring.
(off to check out yellow pears)

OMG! Now I see the result I love love this beauty!

Congrats Ame! Incredible and sooooo feminine! Fantastic!
30.gif
30.gif

Date: 5/1/2010 12:30:41 PM
Author: DisneyBride828
that is INCREDIBLE!!!!! I
30.gif
the new setting!!!!! The stone looks AMAZING!!! Congrats for your beautiful new ring!!!

Thank you so much for the really nice comment, my jaw literally dropped when I opened the ring box!
30.gif

Date: 5/1/2010 12:37:11 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Honey, you do not need to justify why YOU changed YOUR ring! It is a beautiful ring, and it should make you happy--who cares about what other people say? Besides, anyone who''s going to give you a hard time about your lovely new setting is being childish and incredibly selfish, complaining to you about it. It''s YOURS!! They should count themselves lucky to get to see your photos at all. Seriously, some people!
38.gif

Congratulations on getting your incredible stone set the way you want it!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gwennie! Your words are very kind. You look so beautiful in your avatar picture!

Date: 5/1/2010 12:37:18 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
I loved your old setting, but this new one is amazing!!!!! Lemony looks gorgeous, and the ring is like hollywood blingtastic:-) congrats on such a beautiful creation!!!

There is a lot of diamonds on this reset, the setting is very delicate however, much different than my previous setting, it
is very comfortable too... Michael did such an amazing job... The man never cease to amaze me!

Date: 5/1/2010 12:40:03 PM
Author: sarap333
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It''s gorgeous!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

How rude (and bold) of someone to post such a comment on your Facebook page! I love how elegant your new ring is, and I can''t get over how wonderful Lemony looks out of the yellow cup!

But we need more profile shots -- the peek of the profile is just not enough!

Sara - I will try really hard to take better pictures of the setting to show the profile... I was pretty tired last night and my picture taking skills were quickly going down the drain lol. I do adore her out of the cup. It''s a beautiful light yellow. Sunshine with me everyday! :)

Date: 5/1/2010 12:50:00 PM
Author: Trekkie
Lemony is the reason I discovered Pricescope - mere words cannot describe her beauty.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Your new setting is exquisite. I know viewing her in her new home will bring you a lifetime of joy.

How did you come upon PS exactly? It is always interesting to know how people find a board or so... I remember finding this board trying to get more info on sapphires... wow, that was a loooooooooooooong time ago! Thank you for your words!

Date: 5/1/2010 12:56:18 PM
Author: Farleysmom
Oh.....what an utterly breathtaking ring. It is absolutely stunning and SOOOOOOO elegant. I just love the softer look of lemoney without her gold cup. You must be simply beaming (and I bet you can''t take your eyes off your finger and ring). You absolutely have to post more pictures from every angle. I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your ring. Congratulations on the reset!

THank you so much Farleysmom - I really enjoy the softness of the yellow, somehow before it was maybe too crisp for my likings... I had a hard time working in the last 2 days lol. I promise, I''ll post more pictures in the next few days. :)

Date: 5/1/2010 12:59:20 PM
Author: Naty H&A
Oh, Amethyste...

I was one of the biggest fans of Lemony''s previous setting and i''m telling you that when i saw her in her new home i was amazed and stunned
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Honestly, the new setting is gorgeous and i love, love, love Lemony being free and natural
30.gif
God, i adore this ring
5.gif
It looks amazing on your finger...indeed a wonderful transformation
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Be very proud of your ring, everybody loves it...(and we''re all jealous of you...in a good way
12.gif
).

Thank you Naty, the point of this thread ( other than I really wanted to set her in a setting more fitting to my lifestyle ) was to share with all my cyber jewelry-nut-lovers my excitement! I saved for this pear for 20+ years and to have her in the perfect setting was for me the end of this journey. I don''t really care if certain people do not like the re-set, in the end, I am the one wearing it. It is impossible to please everyone: the most important one is myself and I adore the way she rests now on my finger. I do know I am a VERY lucky person. I don''t not ever will take this for granted... :)

Date: 5/1/2010 1:08:03 PM
Author: Sparkles&Glitter
I think it''s fantastic!

THank you so much!!! :)

Date: 5/1/2010 1:14:47 PM
Author: motownmama
OMG - I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TDF!!!!!!!!!!

Lol - I am glad you love it thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much !!!!! :)

Date: 5/1/2010 1:23:06 PM
Author: SparklyOEC
30.gif
30.gif
WOWZA
30.gif
30.gif
Love, love lemony in her new setting. It looks elegant and stunning on you. While I loved your old setting, there is just *something* about this one that calls to me (but it''s you who counts)! I really can''t believe someone *found* you on Facebook and made a comment like that...rude! Enjoy it and wear it in good health for many, many years to come!

THank you SparklyOEC - You are right, there is a little "something" that really draws me to gaze at it... I think the trillions are really perfectly matched for her size, Michael E. was a very good guide at nailing this ratio - and of course, at delivering this timeless look!

Date: 5/1/2010 1:31:50 PM
Author: arjunajane
Ame, the new setting - nay, the whole ring, is just exquisite!

The prongs, the lines, the fantastic balance between the side stones - frankly, my personal opinion - I would take this new ring any day over the prior one.

I know many people were fond of your halo, but it goes without saying that if it wasn''t practical and you didn''t love it than of course you should change it! I can completely relate, I like my rings set low so they don''t bang - and I do NOT own a doorstopper like your awesome pear!

please do not worry about some nay-sayer on FB. I recall you saying you wanted to change this setting very early on, and I for one am glad that you did - more eye candy Please, it looks fabulous and so massive on you!!
30.gif
36.gif

ps. I love the work that Michael did. You have really opened my eyes to his custom skills, and I wouldn''t mind working with him in future
5.gif

Hey there Arjunajane! THank you for your post! Yes, you are right, as soon as I got the ring, I was like hmmmmm... not practical for my lifestyle - but I gave it a year to gather designs and see what I''d like to end up with for the rest of my life ( ugh sounds morbid huh? ) I promise to post more pictures in the next few days! THank you again :) You would love to work with Michael, he is very kind, precise and a true artist with a great eye for details :)

Date: 5/1/2010 1:39:00 PM
Author: Maevie
it''s gorgeous! very elegant and glamorous!

THank you Maevie, I do think the 3 stone look with trillions is an elegant classic :)

Date: 5/1/2010 1:50:05 PM
Author: dreamer_d
I much prefer this new setting for all of the reasons you described -- how low it sits, how it hugs your finger, the exquisite prongs, the delicate shank. I also think that lemony looks much prettier in her new home. The color really changed and softened and I think the old cup did not enhance her beauty at all. The ring looks awesome on your hand. I also love the contrast between the white trils and the center diamond. Delish!

You don''t need to excuse or apologise for a reset. You can do what you like with your ring!

I think you nailed it right on the head: The contrast between the soft yellow and the white white of the Trills makes for a very dramatic contrast. I think the cup made the yellow too crisp for my taste... THank you for your nice words!

Date: 5/1/2010 1:58:02 PM
Author: tigian
Amethyste, I think your new re-set is gorgeous! It couldn''t be more beautiful. I think the sidestones are the perfect proportion for Lemony.

A wonderful re-set!

THank you Tigian - Very nice of you to say :)

Date: 5/1/2010 2:05:16 PM
Author: innerkitten
Beautiful and very classic!

THank you Innerkitten - I agree, a more classic look was what I was hoping for :)

Date: 5/1/2010 2:09:23 PM
Author: hot ice
Extraordinary~ as if a fire is lit under her...very, very well done
30.gif

Thank you HotIce - I think the fact that light can reach most of her facets I think you are right, she looks more vivid in a soft kind of way :) THank you!

Date: 5/1/2010 2:12:57 PM
Author: violet3
OH MY GOD!!!! This is breathtaking - truly breathtaking!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Amethyste, your old setting was lovely, but i have to say, i much prefer this new one! It is just so classy and beautiful, and the sidestones are the EXACT right size and proportion to highlight your pear.

don''t worry about some negative FBer -- taking that beatiful stone out of the halo, really allows it to shine!!!

Violet3 - I do love the look of a Halo on a round stone - after almost a year of wearing my ring, i just didn''t love it... I am glad I listened to that little voice and say "Do it.... do it". lol. :)

Date: 5/1/2010 2:21:37 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
Ame-it''s beautiful, just like you. I loved Lemony''s old setting but the new on is exquisite. Congratulations, you and Michael done good girl. I''m sorry if anyone made any comments that were less than happy for you. (obviously not a TRUE pricescoper as we all love a great reset!) Enjoy, and wear it in health and happiness. You know we can never get enough pictures of her, so keep ''em coming.

Luv - You are too kind! I promise to post more pics in the upcoming week. :)

Date: 5/1/2010 2:29:23 PM
Author: junebug17
Oh Amethyste, the new setting is gorgeous!!! I love it for the exact same reasons you do...and as much as I admired Lemony while in her halo, I truly prefer her in her new home! The new setting is classic, elegant and timeless, and looks so...natural and perfect on your finger. You must be over the moon with happiness! I am beyond thrilled for you, this just looks so fabulous on you! The halo was pretty, but in all honesty I really think the new setting is much more flattering to you.

Please do your best to ignore that rude comment on FB. Why in the world someone would say that is beyond me. It saddens me to think it made you hesitant to show your amazing new ring. I think the thing I love best about jewelry is that it truly doesn''t matter what others think. Who cares what a person who sees the ring for a few seconds thinks? All that matters is that you, the person looking at it all the time, loves it!

Junebug - I agree with you that I should let this comment ( well email ) roll off my back, I just was surprised at first, and perhaps, I made a big deal out of it for nothing - she did offer her opinion, which is fine and accept that, but it was out of the blue and caught me by surprise. THank you for the sweet words, you are a gem :)

Date: 5/1/2010 2:32:16 PM
Author: y2kitty
Absolutely amazing, thanks for getting these up so quick!

Hello y2kitty - no problem! I took the pics last night, cropped them, but was way too tired to post them lol. i think cropping all of these pics is what makes it such a bore! lol :) Thank you!

Date: 5/1/2010 2:51:33 PM
Author: gardengloves
You did an amazing job.

Lemony looked great in her halo, Lemony can never look anything but great.... but I love her with her trillions flanking. She is totally gorgeous in her new setting. She looks great on you, what a great stone and awesome setting.

THank you Gardenloves, but really - Michael E is the master behind this project!!! :) Thank you so much for your nice comment :)

Date: 5/1/2010 2:58:40 PM
Author: Laila619
I honestly think it''s just spectacular! I loved the halo, but I love this new setting too!

THank you so much Laila for your post :)

Date: 5/1/2010 3:03:51 PM
Author: Lone_Wolfe
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
3.gif

9.gif
28.gif
9.gif
28.gif
9.gif
( THank you! )

Date: 5/1/2010 3:10:59 PM
Author: risingsun
Enjoy your beautiful reset
36.gif

THank you RisingSun - you know how much I love yours!!!

Date: 5/1/2010 3:17:57 PM
Author: waxing lyrical
Wow!! It is absolutely stunning!!!
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif
3.gif
I love it!
30.gif

THank you so much -
1.gif

Date: 5/1/2010 3:59:18 PM
Author: ArtistJess
Amethyste- the new setting is absolutely stunning! I think it is time for a new default photo!
31.gif

Oh my, you might be right!!! Lol... THank you for your kind words :)

Date: 5/1/2010 4:27:20 PM
Author: susimoo
F
30.gif
A
30.gif
B
30.gif
U
30.gif
L
30.gif
O
30.gif
U
30.gif
S!!!!!

Didn''t think the original could be improved upon. How wrong was I !!! I wish you great health and happiness to wear her!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thank you Susimoo - I am glad you like it :)

Date: 5/1/2010 4:29:24 PM
Author: marcyc
Very pretty.

THanks Maryc - i think she looks pretty feminine now, not so bulky :)

Date: 5/1/2010 5:07:58 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Her color is gorgeous and enhanced by the white trillions! Congrats to you AND Michael E!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

THank you AprilBaby! I sure hope Michael E. came to PS already and has read all of these positive comments!!! :)

Date: 5/1/2010 5:11:28 PM
Author: oddoneout
Both settings are beautiful. I would want it set lower too if I kept banging it on things.

Yes... I think almost every other day, I would bang my old setting on things as it was about 14mm high before and now it is about 7mm - to me it is a HUGE difference!

Date: 5/1/2010 5:53:35 PM
Author: HotPozzum
Congrats on your new setting! It is truly a masterpiece!
30.gif
I actually prefer it to the halo style....
36.gif

THank you HotPozzum! I think Michael created something quite magic here! :)

Date: 5/1/2010 6:22:29 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
It suits you perfectly and I am so glad lemony is back in your hands.

Ahhhh Charmy!
35.gif
there :) - waiting for her to arrive almost left me hairless and nail-less as well!
32.gif

Glad she is back here!

Date: 5/1/2010 6:27:19 PM
Author: gemgirl
Amey, I think Michael did a fabulous job! It''s really REALLY exquisite, and you *know* I just love the fleur de lis ''v'' tip. Just gorgeous, elegant, and beautiful. I''ll bet you even more people grab your hand now than before. Those trillions are just crisp and bright and a perfect compliment to Lemony''s gorgeous yellow color.

Congrats! You did it! and it came out fabulous.

Hello Gemgirl! The fleur de lis was a very nice and personal touch and i am glad it ended up here on this reset. I have been mostly at work in the last few days, so i have not really "been out".. i''ll let you know if i do get hand grabbin'' :) I hope you are doing well sweetie.

Date: 5/1/2010 6:51:05 PM
Author: yssie
It''s beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Your old setting was exquisite, but your new setting is even more so! The sidestones really enhance your pear''s shape, and I''m loving the soft buttery yellow. Congratulations, it''s just beautiful
9.gif

THank you Yssie - I am just astonished at how beautiful she is without any enhancement from the cup. Au Naturel was the "natural" way to go! Thank you :)

Date: 5/1/2010 7:00:49 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
It was AWESOME before, now it''s PERFECTLY AWESOME!!!!
36.gif

41.gif
NEU - your comment made me chuckle - Thank you!

Date: 5/1/2010 7:04:09 PM
Author: cemrn
I thought she was gorgeous before but now THIS ring is like a work of art! I love trillons. Wear her in good health

THank you Cemrn for the kind words - I do admire the beautiful work that was thoughtfully put into the rendition.

Date: 5/1/2010 7:04:11 PM
Author: chiquitapet
Amethyste, your new setting is amazing!!! I love it!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Please don''t listen to anyone who is trying to bring you down because they are jealous and selfish. There will always be people like that around.

You are right .... I am going to fully enjoy this baby! :)

Date: 5/1/2010 7:17:08 PM
Author: softly softly
As so many others before me have said your ring is gorgeous!!! Congratulations on your reset!!!

Thank you Softly for taking the time to write this sweet comment :)

Date: 5/1/2010 7:45:08 PM
Author: DandiAndi
I think this would have to be my favourite reset transformation EVER!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I do think that it is so captivating to look at so many rings on this forum that have morphed into other beautiful creations... This one, to me, was a total make-over and facelift! :) Thank you so much :)

Date: 5/1/2010 7:52:54 PM
Author: blackberry16
I think that you should do whatever you want with your ring. Regardless, I loved your old ring and I love the new one. A beautiful stone is a beautiful stone no matter what the setting. Enjoy!

Thank you Blackberry for stopping by and comment :) I agree with you, that " A beautiful stone is a beautiful stone no matter what the setting." - and i WILL enjoy it! :)

Date: 5/1/2010 8:01:30 PM
Author: lknvrb4
Your ring is stunning, wear it proud!

THank you so much :)
35.gif

Date: 5/1/2010 8:09:06 PM
Author: Taylorbug!
Amethyste....just GORGEOUS...and I wouldn''t worry about what anyone else thinks...this is your baby..so you enjoy your new ring! Wear it in the best of health and have a great birthday!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

THank you Taylorbug! for the nice comment and birthday wishes! I only wished I was not getting older this fast!!! lol

Date: 5/1/2010 8:11:09 PM
Author: KaeKae
Beautiful, beautifu, beautiful! Anyone who says any different is not only wrong, wrong, wrong, but rude along with it. They don''t deserved a reply.

KaeKae - You are very sweet - Thank you for your comment :)

Date: 5/1/2010 8:22:14 PM
Author: RaiKai
Add me to the camp that liked her before..and LOVES the reset. In addition to getting the practical reasons behind it...I think this setting brings out the beauty even more.

You had said you wanted something more timeless in your reset and I think you and Michael E nailed it!

THank youRaiKai - I just love the nice fluid flow this new reset has... Michael really did an outstanding job on this...
30.gif

Date: 5/1/2010 9:04:26 PM
Author: DearBuddha
I think it''s a beautiful reset, but I''m biased when it comes to trillions ;)

Don''t worry what others say about your resetting your diamond; they''re probably just jealous that they don''t have one as big and beautiful!

I see you also love trillions - I think they are fabulous!!! :) THank you so much
35.gif

Date: 5/1/2010 9:57:08 PM
Author: princessplease
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THank you Princess :)

Date: 5/1/2010 10:09:35 PM
Author: Catmom
Absolutely gorgeous!! Michael did a fabulous job!!
36.gif
30.gif

Didn''t he?!?! THank you so much Catmom - I adore your yellow ring as well - yum!
18.gif

Date: 5/1/2010 10:29:40 PM
Author: IndyLady
Gorgeous!! I didn''t think your lemony pear couldn''t get any better, but I really like its new look!

Thank you IndyLady - I have to admit I was hesitant to go for the 3 stone look at first, but I really wanted her out of the cup - i am happy she is free now :)

Date: 5/1/2010 10:51:26 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Congratulations Amethyst - it''s gorgeous and I''m really happy for you :)

Hey there Cehrabehra - thank you for the sweet words :)

Date: 5/1/2010 11:09:53 PM
Author: Phoenix
BEAUTIFUL!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

THank you Phoenix! What a cute avatar picture!!! Nice toesies - and of course, pretties!!!

Date: 5/1/2010 11:27:57 PM
Author: EHR2009
LOVE IT!!!! I loved your old setting, but I love this even more!!!

THank you EHR2009!
5.gif

Date: 5/2/2010 12:10:32 AM
Author: Beaglemom
30.gif
Wow, I loved your original ring, that your reset is beyond amazing!!!Put that baby on and enjoy it!!

It is on!, now Beaglemom and I am enjoying it tremendously!!! THank you for your comment :)

Date: 5/2/2010 12:51:30 AM
Author: bebe
Oh My Gosh !
I have always loved the shape of your pear and the color just drew me in.
The new setting is awesome. I bet you can''t stop looking at it!!
What an incredible ring.
(off to check out yellow pears)

Hey Bebe - I also saw recently pictures of your ring - and I loooooove it. THank you for commenting :)
I m looking more at it than I am working - but it is ok ;) I don''t want to work!
8.gif

Date: 5/2/2010 12:59:37 AM
Author: stci
OMG! Now I see the result I love love this beauty!
Congrats Ame! Incredible and sooooo feminine! Fantastic!
30.gif
30.gif

Merci Sylvie!!! I knew you''d love it in the end ;) You are too cute :)

Ame, do you use FF as your browser?
If so, can you please tell me how you do the multi-quote thing? (I hope you don''t mind...)
Just to stay on topic though - Your Ring ROCKS!!!!
9.gif

Wow, the new setting really is exquisite. Your hands are lovely too, I''m envious!

I had the exact same experience- my stone came in a halo setting I didn''t care for- and I reset it after about a year. And I had a number of people IRL tell me I was nuts to do so afterwards. (So I sold the most vocal one my old setting, actually, lol- honestly it looks way better on her than it ever did on me, she has much longer fingers.) Frankly I think that you don''t need to explain or apologize for your taste- you like what you like, and a halo on a big stone just isn''t what some of us like to wear every day.

IMO the new setting is much more classic and timeless. The prongs are to *die* for. What exquisite workmanship! I really like the color out of the cup too- it''s just the loveliest delicate creamy yellow. Yum!

Amethyste, when you first mentioned changing your setting I was amazed because Lemony just looked "right" somehow with her halo. I thought it was very brave of you to change her but also understood that you''d bought her like that and so wanted to make the ring more personal. I wasn''t sure how the re-set would look but I can honestly say that it''s phenomenal. It''s amazing the job that Michael (and you) have done. Lemony is stunning in her new home.

There are always going to be people who prefer halos or different settings to you but what''s important is that YOU love it. So ignore negative comments - look at it more that they thought you had wonderful taste in buying such a gorgeous ring in the first place!

Very many congratulations on a beautiful work of art.

Wow I''ve been lurking on Pricescope forever and never actually made a comment until now. Your ring is gorgeous!!!

Wow Amethyste....your reset is AMAZING! My jaw just hit the floor!
emotion-5.gif

Date: 5/2/2010 2:28:10 AM
Author: arjunajane
Ame, do you use FF as your browser?

If so, can you please tell me how you do the multi-quote thing? (I hope you don't mind...)

Just to stay on topic though - Your Ring ROCKS!!!!
9.gif

Hey there AJ! Hehe... ok, here is how you do it - I am on Opera, but I think this works on any browser:

First open 2 windows of the same thread, you'll need one to create your post (1) and one to copy from (2).

In the first window (1), click reply without quoting ( that's the window you'll input the info to )
In the second window, go to the person you want to reply to and click the reply button, then click the "quote" button. Take your mouse and highlight from the [ QUOTE ] all the way to the end displaying the code [ /QUOTE ]. Then copy/cut that selection.

go to your window (1) and paste that into the main box. You can then add your reply.

Then go back to Window (2), hit the back button and go to the next person you want to reply to, and repeat the same steps until you are all done :) then Submit!

I hope this helps!!! :) Try it!

Date: 5/2/2010 3:25:03 AM
Author: LittleGreyKitten
Wow, the new setting really is exquisite. Your hands are lovely too, I'm envious!

I had the exact same experience- my stone came in a halo setting I didn't care for- and I reset it after about a year. And I had a number of people IRL tell me I was nuts to do so afterwards. (So I sold the most vocal one my old setting, actually, lol- honestly it looks way better on her than it ever did on me, she has much longer fingers.) Frankly I think that you don't need to explain or apologize for your taste- you like what you like, and a halo on a big stone just isn't what some of us like to wear every day.

IMO the new setting is much more classic and timeless. The prongs are to *die* for. What exquisite workmanship! I really like the color out of the cup too- it's just the loveliest delicate creamy yellow. Yum!

THank you LGK!!!! I am happy to see that another person also experienced what I did. Michael E did an outstanding job! His prong work is amazing. He told me that he does most of his work under a microscope rather than the usual jeweler's magnifying glasses. I think he's onto something, cause its immaculate! When I look at my W to X color pear, I REALLY love the low end of the grading spectrum - it still look like a light fancy, its delicate color really pops next to the icy white trillions! THanks again LGK :)

Date: 5/2/2010 3:39:10 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Amethyste, when you first mentioned changing your setting I was amazed because Lemony just looked 'right' somehow with her halo. I thought it was very brave of you to change her but also understood that you'd bought her like that and so wanted to make the ring more personal. I wasn't sure how the re-set would look but I can honestly say that it's phenomenal. It's amazing the job that Michael (and you) have done. Lemony is stunning in her new home.

There are always going to be people who prefer halos or different settings to you but what's important is that YOU love it. So ignore negative comments - look at it more that they thought you had wonderful taste in buying such a gorgeous ring in the first place!

Very many congratulations on a beautiful work of art.

Thank you so much LovingDiamonds - your post is very nicely put, there is always a way to convey an opinion and there is the other way ( the more careless way ) - I don't mind people saying to me that they liked the original setting before, cause there are as many opinions as there are little granule of sand in the sea. It's all in how a thought is delivered, but that's MHO.
Thank you again for your lovely comment :)

Date: 5/2/2010 4:02:39 AM
Author: oops116
Wow I've been lurking on Pricescope forever and never actually made a comment until now. Your ring is gorgeous!!!

OH WOW -
35.gif
there Oops116 !!!!!!!!!! I feel honored that you stepped out of lurk-hood into comment-hood for this thread! I hope you get to stay and add your opinions on so many other threads found on this forum! THank you so much for your sweet reply... and WELCOME!

Date: 5/2/2010 6:43:09 AM
Author: beechezz
Wow Amethyste....your reset is AMAZING! My jaw just hit the floor!
emotion-5.gif

I hope you didn't break any teeth like I did when I opened the package that Lemony came into! Thank you Beechezz, you are sweet :)

Ameythste.....Have you tried your wband with the new 3 stone? Just curious if you liked them together. love some hand shots.....thanks and have a great day!!!
36.gif

gorgeous, classic reset. I love it! Enjoy!

Beautiful! Definitely a more classic look. Just stunning!

Absolutely STUNNING! This is a beautiful reset.
36.gif

Lemony is just BEAUTIFUL! The old setting was pretty and Lemony looked great in it IMHO but the new setting really is a work of art and Lemony now looks FANTABULOUS on your finger! You were right on with the proportions of the side stones and the play of the soft sunny yellow with the white diamonds is just TO DIE FOR!
Enjoy and please more pics!

What happened to the old setting by the way? I may have missed it if you did say what happened to it so, if so sorry!

A big congrats!
21.gif

Wow Wow Wow!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Your ring is spectacular. That is one iced out finger!!

I loved the halo, and I also love this. You have a beautiful stone, and there are many different ways to showcase its beauty. You have now shown us two of those ways, (thank you!) and I''m glad that you now have a setting that is gorgeous but also easier to wear. That is very important, because you need to enjoy it as much as possible.

Congratulations!!!

I LOVE it re-set. I think it showcases the stone and there is something very regal about a pear with trillion side stones. Excellent taste!

What can I say that hasn''t already been said- it''s just stunning. Amazing how delecate a 5+ ct rock can look in the right setting. I really adore the colour, those low but not fancy colours are my sweet spot - Lemony was gorgeous before but exquisite now in all her natural glory. If you are kind enough to share any more pictures, I''d love to see her with your wedding band if this is how you will wear her normally.

beautiful and classic reset- Ammy your rings are just stunning....i still love your old ruby ring too! Enjoy the reset!

Also- what are you going to do now for a wedding band? or do you plan on forgoing one?

I love both!! Your old setting was lovely, but I completely understand wanting something that sits lower. Your new setting is spectacular!!

It''s beautiful!

I love the reset so much more than the original setting. It is so classic.

Just when I thought your beautiful ring couldn''t be anymore beautiful, now this! Wow! Love it!

Love your reset!! I loved colored diamonds, and your gorgeous yellow pear is stunning. I completely agree that jewelery has to fit your lifestyle, and this is a beautiful setting that I hope works well for you. So glad you went for it, and the results are lovely.
36.gif

The sun peaked for about 30 mins today
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

so I ran outside and snapped some pictures... with my wedding band. :)

sorry if they are a little big as some of you sweet ladies wanted to see details of the sides and the the setting itself.

Here we go! :

3stone+wband1.jpg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP