carat
color
clarity

Let me vent a little.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh.
Grab a chair, a drink and read my take of woe.

So the idea of using a wee baguette lab grown diamond to convert my Art Deco watch to a diamond bracelet has hit the wall.
A bureaucracy wall courtesy of FedeX.

I’ve been given a Biosecurity Direction requiring the following answers -
1. Origin of goods - however the choices are only Animal / plant/ microbial / 100% synthetic.
Last time I checked diamonds are Carbon which is an element. Sure there are some extras at an atomic level but lab grown diamonds, usually being type 2a, are technically more “pure” with less or no nitrogen or boron lurking in the crystal lattice.
Is the Carbon source with lab grown diamonds the issue?
Seeing as the carbon source can be from graphite, carbon dioxide or methane gas are children and artists having their access to pencils reduced or is it the deprivation being caused to plants? It surely cant be the methane gas, that’s causing the greenhouse effect, it is good if it goes.
So yeah.
Next question.
2. Breakdown of Composition and end use of goods.
Again we are faced with problem of identifying and quantifying any atoms in the lab grown diamond that are not Carbon. We already know that there’s likely little or no rogue nitrogen atoms lurking but how do I ascertain those numbers? Do they require an atom count or an expression as a %? I guess they are trying to rule out concealment of contraband. I’m not sure how much contraband I can conceal within a minuscule diamond measuring 9mm x 4mm but it is zero tolerance of course.
End use of goods?
And that matters because?
Is it a crime against the Art deco movement to introduce a lab grown diamond to the setting? Is it a crime against manual wind watch movements to evict one from the setting without good cause?
Or is it my taste being questioned here?
3. Import permit may be required unless the goods are for therapeutic use.
Phew, I think I’m good for this. Surely bringing me joy is therapeutic, except joy is the last feeling I have at the moment.
Sigh.
So that’s where I’m at, or not at if you consider my original intentions.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics