shape
carat
color
clarity

Longevity of engraved sterling silver bands

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! I recently had a couple sterling silver bands made to go with my white gold engagement ring. My primary wedding bands are white gold with 2-sided pave, but I’ve been wanting something daintier and a little more ornate looking.
Short story long, I fell in love with these sterling silver bands and had them customized to more closely fit my engagement ring. They are not a perfect fit but I’m okay with that. Here is my question - anyone know how sterling silver wears compared to white gold? I love the engraving and detail and am desperately hoping they won’t be scratched or dented a lot easier. Also, I definitely understand the value in white gold compared to sterling silver, however, my price point didn’t allow for these rings to be made in gold and I can’t tell the difference between the two metals anyway.
Thank you for any insight you may have!! =)2IMG_7241.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7260.jpeg
    IMG_7260.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7263.jpeg
    IMG_7263.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 11
So pretty!!

I have some diamonds set in sliver bands too, they wear just fine. I dont see much diffence bw the wearability of my silver jewelry compared to gold. My silver have all lasted years and look like new once polished up. BUT one word of caution, I did lose some diamonds from a band ring when DH and I were out one night. TBF, I was clapping my hands and tapping a table along to live (Irish) music, so I'm partly to blame. But the experience taught me to be a bit more careful with diamonds set in silver as it left me with the impression that the stones can be dislodged more easily.

Also, I like that silver doesn't need replated like WG and it'll stay white. You just have to polish it to remove tarnish. And to help avoid tarnish I store my jewelry in an anti-tarnish cabinet.

It's a beautiful set. Congrats!!

So pretty!!

I have some diamonds set in sliver bands too, they wear just fine. I dont see much diffence bw the wearability of my silver jewelry compared to gold. My silver have all lasted years and look like new once polished up. BUT one word of caution, I did lose some diamonds from a band ring when DH and I were out one night. TBF, I was clapping my hands and tapping a table along to live (Irish) music, so I'm partly to blame. But the experience taught me to be a bit more careful with diamonds set in silver as it left me with the impression that the stones can be dislodged more easily.

Also, I like that silver doesn't need replated like WG and it'll stay white. You just have to polish it to remove tarnish. And to help avoid tarnish I store my jewelry in an anti-tarnish cabinet.

It's a beautiful set. Congrats!!

Thank you so much and that is a relief to hear! And great advice about being careful.

Hi all! I recently had a couple sterling silver bands made to go with my white gold engagement ring. My primary wedding bands are white gold with 2-sided pave, but I’ve been wanting something daintier and a little more ornate looking.
Short story long, I fell in love with these sterling silver bands and had them customized to more closely fit my engagement ring. They are not a perfect fit but I’m okay with that. Here is my question - anyone know how sterling silver wears compared to white gold? I love the engraving and detail and am desperately hoping they won’t be scratched or dented a lot easier. Also, I definitely understand the value in white gold compared to sterling silver, however, my price point didn’t allow for these rings to be made in gold and I can’t tell the difference between the two metals anyway.
Thank you for any insight you may have!! =)2IMG_7241.jpeg

very very pretty
i can see why you love the combo

due to finances of late im looking into stirling silver so im very interested in these kind of thread
good luck
and thank you

Beautiful bands.
I think the set looks fabulous, I prefer the slight air gap.
I agree it’s very difficult to tell the difference between white metals. And yes, silver is less malleable than gold ie more brittle so you should avoid knocking the prongs about lest they shear off.
So just normal care ie no gardening or working on the car while wearing them!

Thanks to all of you for your responses! And I appreciate your kind words.
I plan to be very careful when I’m wearing them, to the best of my ability.
Side note, I have a 14K rose gold engraved band that wore way easier than I expected, which was really disappointing. So that makes me a little wary but I have learned some things about care and maintenance since then…or so I think!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP