shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 7:34:16 AM
Author: Ellen
Then JA would send the setting there. You want WF to set the stone, as they will take responsibility in the unlikely even the diamond chipped while being set (rare).
28.gif
I think a WF sales associate recently suggested in a similar case to get the diamond insured (through Jeweler''s Mutual) so that coverage would be in place. This may not be too much of a concern, because the likelihood of a problem is small...but you might consider this to take a conservative position. Read other threads here, like this one, to review further...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 10:27:42 AM
Author: Regular Guy

Then JA would send the setting there. You want WF to set the stone, as they will take responsibility in the unlikely even the diamond chipped while being set (rare).
28.gif
I think a WF sales associate recently suggested in a similar case to get the diamond insured (through Jeweler's Mutual) so that coverage would be in place. This may not be too much of a concern, because the likelihood of a problem is small...but you might consider this to take a conservative position. Read other threads here, like this one, to review further...
Unless things have changed (?), #8 says they will cover it.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds_info/t/faq.aspx?articleid=69&zoneid=6

Damage to a stone during the setting process, while extremely rare, is a remote possibility. We accept responsibility for diamonds & gemstones purchased through Whiteflash when being set at Whiteflash. We are not liable for damage to diamonds & gemstones purchased elsewhere. It is the owner's responsibility to secure insurance against damage, if desired, prior to setting.

One, I did forget to add, there is a setting fee, but it will be worth it.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 10:53:05 AM

28.gif
I think a WF sales associate recently suggested in a similar case to get the diamond insured (through Jeweler''s Mutual) so that coverage would be in place. This may not be too much of a concern, because the likelihood of a problem is small...but you might consider this to take a conservative position. Read other threads here, like this one, to review further...

Damage to a stone during the setting process, while extremely rare, is a remote possibility. We accept responsibility for diamonds & gemstones purchased through Whiteflash when being set at Whiteflash. We are not liable for damage to diamonds & gemstones purchased elsewhere. It is the owner''s responsibility to secure insurance against damage, if desired, prior to setting.

Ellen, though I see your text, I''ll raise you.

Given what looks like a disconnect to me, I''d review it for clarification with WF.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 11:01:11 AM

Date: 2/23/2009 10:53:05 AM

28.gif

Damage to a stone during the setting process, while extremely rare, is a remote possibility. We accept responsibility for diamonds & gemstones purchased through Whiteflash when being set at Whiteflash. We are not liable for damage to diamonds & gemstones purchased elsewhere. It is the owner''s responsibility to secure insurance against damage, if desired, prior to setting.

Ellen, though I see your text, I''llraise you.

Given what looks like a disconnect to me, I''d review it for clarification with WF.
Ira, they are buying a stone from GOG, and sending it to WF. One is thinking of buying the stone from WF, and having the setting sent from JA. So if he buys the stone from WF, it should be covered.

For review, I was addressing this quote from One:

"What are some thoughts on that one? And how would I go about getting a diamond from WhiteFlash, and a setting from James Allen (if I wanted to do something like that)?"

1.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
oops...looks like you''re right (the girls...they usually are.)

Of course, ask anyway.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 11:13:25 AM
oops...looks like you''re right (the girls...they usually are.)

Of course, ask anyway.
9.gif
2.gif

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock

I''m also interested to know an answer to the above if anyone finds out.

Also, does anyone know if Wink will set one of his diamonds in a setting from James Allen or Knox Jewelers?

Thank you

19.gif
!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
But of course, we would be very happy to. In such a case we would accept liability for the diamond, but not the mounting in the case that a prong or other item was not good.

Wink

oneforship

Rough_Rock
These are from two diamonds I posted earlier, around the 14th post or so.

1188431.jpg

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Looks like the 2nd one is higher quality?

Neither one of them seem to be as high quality as the White Flash ones I have also looked at. (These two are from James Allen)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that 2 looks better, but I''d rather see ASET''s on them. I''m thinking you can do a bit better....

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 4:37:31 PM
I agree that 2 looks better, but I''d rather see ASET''s on them. I''m thinking you can do a bit better....

I think so too. I''ve like a lot of the White Flash ACA''s I''ve looked at, and I think I will keep watching those. They look like a really good balance of quality and price, at least for me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 5:09:57 PM
Author: oneforship

I agree that 2 looks better, but I'd rather see ASET's on them. I'm thinking you can do a bit better....

I think so too. I've like a lot of the White Flash ACA's I've looked at, and I think I will keep watching those. They look like a really good balance of quality and price, at least for me.
Sounds like a plan. Also check out www.highperformancediamonds.com for their branded Infinity Princess.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 5:09:57 PM
Author: oneforship

I think so too. I''ve like a lot of the White Flash ACA''s I''ve looked at, and I think I will keep watching those. They look like a really good balance of quality and price, at least for me.
Sounds good. And you can always call a vendor and have them look for something if you don''t want to/can''t wait. And ditto Lorelei on HPD''s, also GOG.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results