shape
carat
color
clarity

Memoire woes...didn''t pass quality control?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 11:40:43 PM
Author: jenniegirlm
UPDATE: the ring I ordered was supposed to arrive at the Robbins Brother''s store today, but again, the salesperson told me it didn''t get there! AAARGH! The say it got sent back, AGAIN. I was told that it was sent back the first time due to ''visible sizing marks'' and again this time due to the ring ''not being rounded.'' I verified that this was ordered from Memoire and not mistakedly from another company. I''m very tempted to pull my order from them. They say it will be in on the 19th (supposedly on the 24th but they out a ''rush'' order on it.) My question is, if the ring was being made it my size from scratch, why would it have sizing marks?

What should I do? I''m thinking of giving them a 3rd chance - wait for the next week, and go from there. Any suggestions?

29.gif
i''m pulling my hair now out of furstration, LOL.
Ah, jeez. Did they sell it to someone else again?!!!
31.gif
(it is the holiday season...) I agree with the others I would totally pull my order. Something is not right here...
And yeah, good point about the sizing marks - that sounds like an odd excuse, although I am not familiar with exactly how rings are made from scratch. The out of round thing sounds totally bogus - I don''t think Memoire would send a ring out that way. Any way for Memoire to confirm any of this? Probably just a waste of your time anyway to try to check. Go with Pearlmans. So sorry - I know you must keep getting so excited only to be so let down...

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Oh, no, Jennie, I was hoping your post would contain good news.
8.gif
I agree with the others, RB doesn''t deserve your business. I would guess that they sent Memoire one of their stock rings and asked them to size it for you (to save themselves money and that''s what Memoire had to work with), thus the "visible size marks," and elongated ring. I can''t imagine your frustration. Don''t give up on Memoire, just RB! Hopefully, next time it will be good news!

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/12/2006 4:49:14 PM
Author: HooCares
Oh, no, Jennie, I was hoping your post would contain good news.
8.gif
I agree with the others, RB doesn''t deserve your business. I would guess that they sent Memoire one of their stock rings and asked them to size it for you (to save themselves money and that''s what Memoire had to work with), thus the ''visible size marks,'' and elongated ring. I can''t imagine your frustration. Don''t give up on Memoire, just RB! Hopefully, next time it will be good news!

I asked the salesperson why there would be sizing marks when it was supposed to be made from scratch. She replied, "that''s why we sent it back, we want to make sure they made a whole new ring in your size." Haha.. what an answer.

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE: I couldn''t help but email Memoire about the situation. Below is my email and Memoire''s reply. It seems like RB''s story "kinda" checks out. I didn''t mention the jeweler''s name or the details of the ring but the VP from Memoire figured that it was a size 4.5. She did seem to be defending RB - maybe she didn''t want to "bad-mouth" them. I will give RB on more chance for them to produce this ring by their promised date (the 19th), but that will be their last chance.

Thanks for the support, everyone!

My Email:

Hi,

I am a big fan of your products and am very aware of the high-quality craftmanship that you put into your jewelry. I recently ordered a 7-stone Petite Prong wedding ring (MIP7-1W) to be made in my size from an authorized jeweler. That was about 8 weeks ago. They told me that the ring was sent back twice because it did not pass quality control - first due to "visible sizing marks" and "uneven diamonds" and the second time due to the ring "not being round." I find this very incomprehensible. I know a handful of people who own Memoire diamond wedding rings and they all claim it is made to perfection. I absolutely agree. I''ve seen your rings and think very highly of them.

I just wanted to know the validity of the jeweler''s story. Has this occured to your orders? I feel that the jeweler is pulling my leg as I cannot imagine Memoire producing low-quality rings. I am also very frustrated as two other stores have told me that it will only take 2 weeks to order a ring from your company.

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jennifer

Memoire''s Reply:

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for the inquiry regarding your Memoire purchase. We are always happy to hear from our customers.
I can''t be absolutely certain, as I don''t know the name of your jeweler, but I suspect the band you purchased was a size 4.5. We recently experienced a delay manufacturing a Petite Prong Diamond Band, MIP7-1W, in this size.
First of all, let me assure you, Memoire stands behind their product one hundred percent. If you are not completely happy with your Memoire purchase, we will work with you and your Memoire Jeweler until we reach a satisfactory outcome.
Memoire Authorized Jewelers are considered the finest and most reputable in the industry. Our retailers depend on us to deliver impeccable product in a timely fashion. As in any business, there are occasionally unanticipated delays. Please don''t let this delay reflect poorly on your jeweler.

Sincerely,
N. (I left her name out)
Vice President Operations
Memoire

widget

Ideal_Rock
That's interesting...it sounds like the delay was on the manufacturing side, and the retailer got "creative" in explaining it, perhaps to make themselves look especially diligent...

widget

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
I just received a call from RB... they have my ring!!! Yay... but not until I have it in my hands and on my finger! I asked my slesperson if it was perfect and rounded, and she said yes, it was. She also said that the ring came with a note from Memoire saying that because my ring size was too small (4.5) and the diamonds were bigger (~14 pts), there is a part of the cast that they had to solder together, which explained the visible sizing marks earlier. "I got it [the problem] when I saw the ring," she says, "it's so tiny and the diamonds look big!" The email from Memoire also reassured me that the problem was on their side.

Well I hope it truly is perfect. I will get it next week and hopefully it passes *my* quality control system, haha.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Jennie, just caught your post and I am so hoping everything is fine with the ring now! Please post pictures when you get it!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Finally. I''m so glad it''s finally done. I can''t wait to see your new band!
36.gif

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
I got it this Wednesday and it''s PERFECT! Pics in SMTR. :) Thanks everyone!

genette

Shiny_Rock
Are you going to post any pics of your ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results