shape
carat
color
clarity

Men's Diamond Eternity Band — help me on my mission!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1452399222|3973530 said:
I agree that woofmama's band is gorgeous and so is the Hampton's band! I really think that Hampton's band would be an outstanding choice for you!

Setting an EC E-W versus N-S is not going to matter. The number one thing about emerald cuts is that they will have to be cleaned daily. That will keep them looking their best.

I do not think most jewelers will be able to make a ring of the caliber of that LM ring. It is pretty outstanding. Victor Canera and Steven Kirsch are the other two who work at that level, but I haven't seen them make that exact ring.

both bolded comments + 1

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1452379924|3973391 said:
Oops, you said you weren't open to channel set while I was typing. They really do protect the stones and look more gender neutral to me, but it's your ring, of course!

Oops, I missed that bit too, re: OP not keen on channel set, DOH!

DK :oops:

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so I've done some additional investigation, and thought I would post a followup update for everyone!

First, I reached out to whiteflash for an estimate on the East to West Emerald cut full eternity band.. They came back with an estimate using 16 x 0.25 G VS2 as follows:

14K - 9500
18K - 9825
Plat - 10825

I can't say I was shocked, but I was definitely a little surprised that it landed in the 9/10K range.

In the interim of me writing whiteflash, I had an appointment to see my well known and trusted jeweler, who showed me a suite of 18 matched 0.25 F VS1 emerald cut diamonds that absolutely blew me away....his quote for the East to West Eternity in 18K with these stones...8500-9000.

He and I left off as he will work on some prospective stones in a slightly lower grade and slightly smaller, perhaps 0.22 ish, in the G/H VS2 range, with the hopes of achieving a similar impact but cutting the price a bit.

I was open and honest with him about not being completely dismissive about the typical round brilliant U prong setting, and he absolutely agreed that I would get the most "bang for my buck" and brilliance going for rounds vs. emerald. He also said, I would drop a considerable amount in price if I went with round vs. brilliant.

So I began to think.... let me ask Whiteflash for a quote on 0.25 pointer 4mm rounds (18) diamonds totaling 4.5 carats in their "annette ring"--just to have a baseline price to compare... as I will now revisit rounds with my jeweler.

I was ABSOLUTELY shocked when they came back at their price...

14K - 9525
18K - 9625
Plat - 10075

This left me baffled... how is Whiteflash more expensive on the rounds vs. emerald (granted emerald is 16 stones, round is 18... its still only .50 carat additional weight)? Are these "A cut above diamonds" really that spectacular? I thought in general across the board, stones of similar color/clarity/carat weight are generally more expensive in emerald cut?

Anyone want to lend some info/advice?

As it stands now, I have an additional meeting with my jeweler in the coming week, and we will start a project together regardless in the beginning of March.

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
Anyone have any additional advice/feedback?

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
Thought I would give everyone an update! Progress is underway on my eternity band!

Today I had a meeting with the jeweler to look at a suite of 33 pointer diamonds. They were nice but didn't blow me away.

Going back Friday to look at two more suites of stones...

Another set of 33 pointers and a suite of 35 pointers. Ultimately I'll be falling between the 5.60 - 6 carat total weight range... And I've decided on a modified U prong setting, somewhat similar to the Leon Mége Stolen band but a little more fused. Kind of a hybrid of these three photos.

I am super excited!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1456177252.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1456177275.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1456177287.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The whiteflash stones were probably ACAs. It would have been a real sparkler but budget is key in these situations!

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
Went in to look at some larger diamonds today! Picked my final 17 stones! Here are some photos from my play date with the diamonds! Should have the ring in 10 days.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1456691298.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1456691309.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1456691356.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd be happy to pay for ACAs.

I have one ACA.
I can't imagine having a whole eternity ring of them.

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
How exciting! Can't wait to see the finished project! I just finished a WF tennis bracelet with .30 ACA's--10 ctw. You'll love that size on your finger. It will be WOW!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!

This ring is going to be :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: out of this world, sparkly!!!!!

I am getting excited for this project to see it to fruition!

Well done!

Cant wait to see the final product and how it sits on your hand!

AWESOME!!!

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
grateful4life said:
How exciting! Can't wait to see the finished project! I just finished a WF tennis bracelet with .30 ACA's--10 ctw. You'll love that size on your finger. It will be WOW!!!

Thank you so much for all your kind words!

I did see that beautiful WF tennis bracelet of yours! Soooooooo beautiful!

dwj6211

Shiny_Rock
gregchang35 said:
WOW!!!

This ring is going to be :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: out of this world, sparkly!!!!!

I am getting excited for this project to see it to fruition!

Well done!

Cant wait to see the final product and how it sits on your hand!

AWESOME!!!
thank you so much!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW! Can't wait to see your finished ring! :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results