shape
carat
color
clarity

Milgrain or not on Sleek Line Pave in platinum by White Flash?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rcrosier

Shiny_Rock
What do you think? Milgrain or not? I have decided on this setting from Whiteflash, but am strongly considering milgrain around the pave diamonds... Note that both of these images are property of Whiteflash.com, however I have modified the one on the left (milgrain)...

pave.PNG

I am loving the milgrain on that band - I say go for it!!!

I think it just depends on your style - modern and sleek or a touch of vintage. But I''m guessing if you''re photoshopping milgrain then you''re keen on that style, so I say go for it.
I have the same setting but without the pave, and I will be looking for a wedding band with fine milgrain.
1.gif

I like the milgrain. The Sleek Line is a beautiful setting!

Date: 7/10/2008 6:59:54 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
get one of each?
LOL! I like your thinking, Garry!
31.gif

I love the one with the milgrain. My e-ring has milgrain, and I think it really adds something to the setting. They''re both beautiful, though!
30.gif

My friend actually just got this ring with the milgrain done this way. Here are the WF pics of it, it''s even hard to see in the pics. I really like it in person very subtle but really adds a nice touch. I say go for it!
I will do a thread on her ring soon now that I have a few more pics.

sleeklinemilamy.jpg

I prefer it without the milgrain.

Not my cup of tea either. Then again I like to keep it simple.

I like it better without, too -- more sleek, less busy. But if you like more detail or the antique look, then go for it.

I'd get the milgrain. I love milgrain with bead set pave like that, and you know Whiteflash will be able to get it just right.

ETA if you aren't sure, I think it can be added later on, right? Might be easier than getting it and wondering...

You can't go wrong with either, but I love the milgrain! I think it has more personality, and milgrain makes wedding bands look really great too, whether plain or pave.
36.gif

I''m diggin the milgrain version!! It looks so delicate and pretty.

KtIceRN,

Do you have a zoom/high res version of that photo? Haha, I know that my Microsoft Paint skills are limited... Wish I had photoshop!

Everyone,

Wow... My first post and I get a ton of replies within a day. I really appreciate your comments. I think that I''ve decided to go ahead with the milgrain, just around the pave diamonds. I don''t want to go overboard and cover the ring with milgrain, I just think a little use adds some personality and character. My girlfriend likes classical settings, nothing over the top, and I think that the milgrain touch will make it look more classic (or as some of you kid-Os like to call it, "old-fashioned", j/k cause I''m only 22). Anyway, I''m putting the order in now...

I can''t say enough about how nice and comfortable it was to work with WhiteFlash. I was very speculative about online diamonds and had been considering HOF, despite the mark-up in price. I had been to Blue Nile back about 5 years ago to buy an anniversary gift, but I wasn''t very happy with the "ideal" cut 0.5 ct that I got from them. Then I stumbled upon whiteflash and realized that they were in Houston. I was really excited that I would get to see the diamonds in person before buying them. Then I found out that they were a strictly online company and didn''t have a showroom. However, my salesman Chris said he would arrange for me to me with someone at their office location.

I later found out that I would meet with the "A cut above" H&A man Brian Gavin himself. I had done some research before and knew a little of what to look for in a stone. Brian was a very nice guy and didn''t press the sale on me at all. In fact, we talked about diamonds and the factors that play into their beauty for about 1.5 hrs before he ever pulled out the merchandise for me to view. After looking for a few months then seeing his diamonds, the stones sold themselves. He showed them in a variation of lighting conditions to give me a real idea of their performance in a day-to-day, non halogen environment. The sales director, Leslie, was very nice and helpful as well. I could tell they wanted my buisness, but in a good "no-pressure to buy" sort of way. I''m sure all will go well with the setting and I will post pictures when I get it in (I estimate about 10-14 days).

By the way, the diamond details are below. I decided to go for cut, size, clarity, and color in order of importance from first to last. I personally don''t see color well, and all of the "a cut above" diamonds from whiteflash that I viewed showed very little face-up color through the amazing cut...

WhiteFlash "A cut above" H&A

Full details here:
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_details.aspx?idno=1071959

Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 1.526
. Depth %: 61.7
. Table %: 55.2
. Crown Angle: 34.7
. Crown %: 15.5
. Star : 53
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43
. Lower Girdle %: 76
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 7.37-7.41X4.57
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed

Sarin:
0''s on all parameters

I like the milgrain
1.gif

That stone is so FABULOUS that I really don''t think you can go wrong with either one!

Sorry, I''m not much help, am I?

OK, personally I would go for no milgrain. There''s just something about the SLEEK lines that scream- leave ''em be!

I do have a few pics at home. I will try to post them tonight. I have to do a thread on her ring, it really is amazing.

Brian is really cool to talk with isn''t he, and your right Lesley is amazing!

Really nice stone BTW.

You picked out a fabulous stone!!! It''s going to look incredible in the setting you chose...please come back with pictures of the final ring! Lesley and the WF crew are gems, aren''t they?

I vote milgrain!

Yeah, I really felt comfortable, which is the most important part of the sale to me. Like I said, Blue Nile was alright, but kind of let me down. It probably was more my fault though. Five years ago, I didn''t realize the vast differences that exist between "ideal" GIA/AGA/AGS stones. Sure the Blue Nile diamond was "above average", but I wanted/expected it to be more special than what I received. It wasn''t such a disappointment as to return it, but I didn''t feel that I could trust that their "signature cut" to be truly amazing. I''m sure they are beautiful, but like I said, I wanted something special this time -- no disappointments -- and I think I finally got it.

When I went to the jeweler to view the HOF diamond, I realized they were overpriced so I started to look at the Lazare diamonds. I was very suspect of the Lazare after asking to view it through an ideal-scope. The lady just looked at me like she was clueless as to what that meant! I hope for her sake that it was an act, put on to avoid me seeing lackluster symmetry. Either way, that turned me off considerably, so I went to WF and the rest is history...

Here are a few pics. This stone is an 0.805 I SI1.

amyring 021.JPG

amyring 026.JPG

amyring 027.JPG

amyring 056.JPG

Last one for now. I hope this helps.

amyring 065.JPG

Either option is gorgeous, but I do love the milgrain!

First of all, what a killer diamond! You are definitely going to wow her with that diamond! As for the setting, I like it both ways, and since your lady likes a vintage/classic look, I say go for the milgrain. It looks great on the ring in the pics KT posted!

I can''t wait to see the finished product...you have to promise you''ll post pictures of it!

Wow, those pics make the milgrain look very good (thanks KT!). I completed my order yesterday and decided to go with the milgrain for the reasons many of you have listed, so I will post some pictures when the ring come in.

Thing2of2 --

I hope that you are right and that she does like the ring and the setting, cause I'm broke either way... hahaha!
Pictures promised...

KT- With the milgrain, that''s gorgeous!

Rcrosier- I normally opt no milgrain however having owned a bead set ring (not the setting you pictured) something about bead set just screams milgrain! It was almost like my ring was missing something because it didn''t have milgraining. Personally, after seeing KT''s friend''s ring with the milgraining, that setting is obviously gorgeous with or without it!

my vote is miligrain

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP