shape
carat
color
clarity

Milgrain Sleek Line Pave - WF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

w3ss

Rough_Rock
While I was looking at pictures for setting ideas i came across a Custom Milgrain Sleek Line Pave.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/milgrain-or-not-on-sleek-line-pave-in-platinum-by-white-flash.89713/

I really like the look. I went ahead and asked WF for a quote of in WG and Platinum but if anyone who ordered it before can tell me the cost that would be great.

Platinum might push my E-ring budget so if I get milgrain should I go for 14K instead of 18K so that its more durable?

Thanks!

You might want to ask for a palladium quote too..usually a mid price between platinum and WG and doesn''t need to be plated.

Date: 12/15/2008 10:07:16 PM
Author: neatfreak
You might want to ask for a palladium quote too..usually a mid price between platinum and WG and doesn''t need to be plated.
I got my quotes. The difference between White Gold 18K and Palladium is about $100. Now...which to choose?

Appearance wise can I really tell the difference? Palladium will be more durable?

Date: 12/16/2008 2:15:53 PM
Author: w3ss
Date: 12/15/2008 10:07:16 PM

Author: neatfreak

I got my quotes. The difference between White Gold 18K and Palladium is about $100. Now...which to choose?

Appearance wise can I really tell the difference? Palladium will be more durable?

They are different colors-so you should try to see both in person. WG will also need to be plated periodically to keep it''s white color, which I think is a PITA.

Palladium, no need to re-plate, hypoallergenic. And probably safer for the stone as it has similar properties to Pt, less likely for a snap prong, similiar wear characteristics as PT.

Date: 12/16/2008 2:47:54 PM
Author: w3ss
Found some color comparisons: http://www.krikawa.com/info/metal-info.htm

Are Palladium and Platinum really the same colour?

No, but the differences are subtle. Palladium is a bit grayer IMO. I have a palladium ring and I often wear it with my platinum wedding band and the visual difference is minimal.

Anyone know of Canadian Jewlers that sell palladium? Specifically in Toronto?

I'm in Syracuse, NY till thursday so I can check it out here too if anyone knows a place.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP