shape
carat
color
clarity

My "Blue" Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
That''s a great necklace.

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/25/2006 9:37:14 PM
Author:Catmom
I''ll take a ''blue'' Christmas like this anytime! My wonderful husband surprised me with a blue sapphire necklace. I saw this setting earlier in the year and just loved it. It was originally set with a pink sapphire so he had it reset with this beautiful blue sapphire. It is simply gorgeous and the pictures do not at all do it justice! Hope you like it as much as I do...........

Specs: .91 carat fine blue sapphire and .96 carats of G/H VS1 diamonds in 18KT white gold.
NICE! I love everything about that stone, the color and that pear shape. I see hubby must think quite highly of you.
emsmile.gif

Just remember, a sapphire is like a sickness or a kitty.

You go somewhere, and you see a small one, and it''s something you have to have. It''s cute and cuddly, and you have to take it home. So you finally take it home, and you''re in shock and awe. You just love it.

Then after a time, the disease progresses. Symptoms include something like, "Honey, I need a bigger sapphire."

The initial treatment is, "What''s wrong with the one you got?"

We all know there is nothing wrong with it. It''s still cute and cudly, but it''s time for an upgrade in addition to. So then suddenly, you go and try to find one that is at least 2-3 carats.

Then, the next thing you know, you start to look at the bigger one, and you think it might become lonely. So then what you have to do is find it a playmate so it won''t be so lonely. Then the next thing you know, it''s "I need a yellow, and a pink, and a something else...", and then the next thing you know you have a whole litter of these things.

Now given that, other than that whole money thing, needing a 4th mortgage and forgoing food...little stuff like that, what is so wrong with that? LOL
emteeth.gif

So you know, I had a case of the Christmas blues myself and I think I might have found a natural remedy for it stemming from a cornflower plant.
2.gif
That''s another story though for another day and time though.

In all seriousness though, that is a lovely pendant. I like the style, and I think it''s a very elegant and classy piece no matter how you look at it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2007 2:49:37 AM
Author: jszweda

Then, the next thing you know, you start to look at the bigger one, and you think it might become lonely. So then what you have to do is find it a playmate so it won''t be so lonely. Then the next thing you know, it''s ''I need a yellow, and a pink, and a something else...'', and then the next thing you know you have a whole litter of these things.

Now given that, other than that whole money thing, needing a 4th mortgage and forgoing food...little stuff like that, what is so wrong with that? LOL
emteeth.gif

So you know, I had a case of the Christmas blues myself and I think I might have found a natural remedy for it stemming from a cornflower plant.
2.gif
That''s another story though for another day and time though.

In all seriousness though, that is a lovely pendant. I like the style, and I think it''s a very elegant and classy piece no matter how you look at it.
LOL, Well my "blue" addiction goes well beyond sapphires too, can you say massive cobalt blue glass collection? But that too, is another story for another time. Oh yes, I already have the pink sapphire collection!

Yes, it is a serious addiction and he knows that he has started a bad, bad thing. I already have many blue sapphires [ring, bracelet, necklace, earrings] but they are "mall store dark" if you know what I mean. So Hubby has now started replacing them with the good stuff as he is fond of saying. Maybe yellow will be next?

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 9:21:16 AM
Author: Catmom
LOL, Well my ''blue'' addiction goes well beyond sapphires too, can you say massive cobalt blue glass collection? But that too, is another story for another time. Oh yes, I already have the pink sapphire collection!

Yes, it is a serious addiction and he knows that he has started a bad, bad thing. I already have many blue sapphires [ring, bracelet, necklace, earrings] but they are ''mall store dark'' if you know what I mean. So Hubby has now started replacing them with the good stuff as he is fond of saying. Maybe yellow will be next?
You like blue too? So does my mother. That was the root cause of her disease with sapphires.

I do know what you mean about mall store dark. Some people like that, but I think some things in the malls are TOO dark. It''s either that or you get these ink line zoned Ceylons. I actually know of a store that advertises in Town and Country that sells the ceylons with the zoning in them, but they don''t look as bad as they sound.

It''s funny you mention pink and yellow as it reminds me of when Mom went looking for some sapphires in that same color as well as a cornflower. I tried to explain to the woman what a cornflower looked like (the violet blue or periwinkle colored ones vs. the darker variety that is approaching the Kashmir color or a royal blue). No sooner I get done explaining it to her, she shows a zoned royal blue.
38.gif
The center had some zoning in it, but the crown was an intense royal blue with a medium to maybe medium dark tone.

Those are some of the best blues I have seen in retail in a long time, and they are not the ones like you probably want.

So anyway, Mom tells the woman that she wants a pink, a cornflower, and a canary yellow. The woman looked at Mom like she was nuts and she said they coudn''t get a canary yellow. I thought that was funny as with some of the other stuff they advertise, and they have nothing at all in canary yellow? Please!

In retail, I have not seen anything more than a 1.4 ct in a solitare. The prices are absolutely rediculous, and with Mom''s disease, that''s not of acceptalbe size. It needs to be at least 2 carats to be visible. 3 carats is even better.

Later on she decided that in addition to that, she wants (get this) a 2-3 carat Padparadscha.
5.gif
I think I''ve seen 2 in retail, and the first one was right at 5 grand for a 1 carat rock. The second one wasn''t supposed to be a Pad, and smaller, but a Pad nonetheless. That one found a home really fast.

Nobody in retail sells the yellows though except in accent stones! It''s rediculous! Now, there are a lot of diffussion treated yellows-particularly in smaller sizes when you look online and stuff. If you want a larger one that isn''t treated like that, you can find them-for a price.

I think that where I am at locally, there is one vendor who sells yellow sapphires. I don''t know what he''s asking, but one of the women who works there told me that they are starting to become very popular for engagement rings as they look like what a yellow diamond wants to be, but it''s a lot cheaper. Personally, I like the sapphires better. The only yellow diamonds I have ever seen that rival that of a lemon yellow sapphire are sitting in the Smithsonian.

I think though that this sapphire disease is catchy though. I think I have started to get a touch of it myself. LOL Then again, is that really a bad thing? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results