shape
carat
color
clarity

My CBI Journey So Far...

What a wonderful story! Really enjoyed reading it! I agree with @doberman, there's honestly no such thing as small when it comes to beautiful and well cut diamonds! I find if I admire someone's diamond and it's like... A quarter of a carat or whatever and super sparkly, I have to make sure I hide my rings so they don't think I'm fishing for myself... I'm genuinely just obsessed with sparkly things!!! I think that's the case for most people here.

I would love to know what the specs were for the E you loved. So you still have them? Also now your new stone has been exposed to sunlight, how are you feeling about it fire wise now?

Congratulations!

What a wonderful story! Really enjoyed reading it! I agree with @doberman, there's honestly no such thing as small when it comes to beautiful and well cut diamonds! I find if I admire someone's diamond and it's like... A quarter of a carat or whatever and super sparkly, I have to make sure I hide my rings so they don't think I'm fishing for myself... I'm genuinely just obsessed with sparkly things!!! I think that's the case for most people here.

I would love to know what the specs were for the E you loved. So you still have them? Also now your new stone has been exposed to sunlight, how are you feeling about it fire wise now?

Congratulations!

You’re so sweet, thank you!

Here’s the stats for the E! What I really noticed about that one v the new G, is the E seemed to produce more multicolored rainbows where you see the whole spectrum at once, whereas with the G it’s so far been more intense bursts of one color at a time. Really fascinating. I would love to know what causes this or if it’s just in my mind!

B0350BCA-D65B-406F-83AC-2BCFA24D56F7.jpeg

@Jsand I'm so glad you posted! Your rings are lovely and you've been on quite the journey...and it sounds like you know where
you want to go in the future.

I hope anyone reading this doesnt feel like they cant post their not-so-large stone. Honestly, we see so many big stones on
PS that I really enjoy seeing the more realistic size stones. Beautiful stones come in all sizes!

Truly gorgeous - all 3 stones! It must be fun to get the flavor of 3 different CBI’s like you have! Thank you for sharing your story and pictures. Enjoy your beautiful new ring!

Here’s a little comparison of all 3 side by side:
2288C913-4520-486C-B487-2738AA9B9EEF.jpeg

They’re all beautiful! Do you happen to know the mm on your diamond band? I’m looking at Etsy and they have a 1.3mm and 1.5mm but it’s hard to judge size when they don’t show it next to anything!

Oh, you can really see the jump in size with this new upgrade. Exciting!

They’re all beautiful! Do you happen to know the mm on your diamond band? I’m looking at Etsy and they have a 1.3mm and 1.5mm but it’s hard to judge size when they don’t show it next to anything!

The band is 1.8mm, with 1.5mm melee. It is bead set, so the diamonds sit low within the band and don’t scratch my e-ring prongs. It’s from Noemie, and actually their prices are so good for what you get! This is half eternity and I think it was like $470. The melee is F-G VS, in 18k wg and I couldn’t find a better price on Etsy for this quality.

Reactions: KLE
Beautiful, congrats!!!

It's a lovely size on you. It suits you very well!

I am so sad that I missed this thread earlier @Jsand ! Wow—I love your pics! I think all of your CBIs look so beautiful with your band. You are going to think I’m bonkers, but I’m going to tag you in a different thread about the budgeting software that I love. :) You seem so methodical and... *excited* about saving—you sound like me, haha!
I’m also on my third CBI— .8 H, .9F, and now 1.23 E that will be part of a 20th anniversary three-stone this year! I was just dreaming two years ago—and I slowly made it happen. I love your story! Please post more pics now that you’ve had it awhile! We can never get enough pics!

They are all so stunning!

I am so sad that I missed this thread earlier @Jsand ! Wow—I love your pics! I think all of your CBIs look so beautiful with your band. You are going to think I’m bonkers, but I’m going to tag you in a different thread about the budgeting software that I love. :) You seem so methodical and... *excited* about saving—you sound like me, haha!
I’m also on my third CBI— .8 H, .9F, and now 1.23 E that will be part of a 20th anniversary three-stone this year! I was just dreaming two years ago—and I slowly made it happen. I love your story! Please post more pics now that you’ve had it awhile! We can never get enough pics!

Well this is just perfect timing, thank you so much! Budgeting has been on my mind a lot lately as I’ve just got a new better paying job, we’re buying a house and just got a new car.
So there’s been a lot of financial changes recently and I feel like they’re always buzzing around in my head at the moment, haha.

And thanks so much for your kind words. The CBI journey is so much fun, I can’t wait for my next upgrade! I’m going to go as big as possible in a low color and finally get a nice setting - CBIs deserve better than the $2-300 temps! Then as I mentioned, upgrade the color back to a glistening E in the same size. I would love to find a unicorn like yours! Actually yours was oneof the stories that originally had me wanting a CBI, so thanks for that too!

I would love to find a unicorn like yours! Actually yours was oneof the stories that originally had me wanting a CBI, so thanks for that too!

It makes me super happy that you were inspired! “Ain’t nothing to it but to do it!” :) I can’t wait to talk YNAB in the other thread!

Congrats!! Awesome upgrade. And, here is more congrats to the future one!! Lol.

Absolutely beautiful. Congratulations.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP