shape
carat
color
clarity

My engagement ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
We''re already booked at a venue, but need to choose a photographer and DJ. Almost all of my gown stuff is handled, and we''ll order the girls'' dresses next month. It''s all coming together very nicely!

Thank you very much for the well wishes.
21.gif

wow Winky! (sorry - couldnt help myself - australians put ie/y on everything!)

LOVE the close up!

i''ve always particularly liked the baguette/brilliant combo. and i love the way yours has a narrow band. VERY nice!

Gorgeous!! Congratulations!
36.gif

absolutely beautiful ring- and all the more fabulous that it''s a family piece. congratulations to you both
36.gif

Beautiful ring - congrats to you both!

What type of band will you wear with it?

Your ring is beautiful, I just love it!
Congratulations on your engagement!

Date: 3/1/2009 3:00:28 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
The wedding is actually going to be in NJ, but only about 15 minutes from the city. The ceremony will take place outside in a gazebo, cocktail hour in one room, and then the reception in the grand ballroom. The festivities start half an hour before the wedding, and the guests will be greeted with champagne, mimosas, belini''s and coffee. Should have a few buzzed before I even come down the isle!
9.gif
We got married on a Friday evening. Because we knew people were fighting Friday traffic to get there, we opened the doors at 6 and had wine/beer immediately available closely followed by food. We got married at 7- we just had everyone gather around- when we looked at photos later, about half the people had a glass of wine or a beer in their hand. They thought it was the coolest thing ever that while we were getting married, they had a drink.

Congratulations!!! Your ring is a beautiful piece!!
36.gif

This is the band that I''ll wear with it.

7705840.jpg

oh melissa! this is just one knock out punch after another!! i LOVE your wedding ring-to-be! where did you get it from? do you have some stats?

and how do you manage to be so organized?? you''ve been engaged for like - what? - 2 nano seconds??

you go girl!

Beautiful! I love rings with sentimental value - priceless!

Beautiful ring! Best wishes to you.

I already commented on your LIW thread but wanted to say again just how pretty your ring is. Best wishes to you and your fiance.

Both rings are gorgeous, and congratulations on your engagement!

Kat

Date: 3/1/2009 8:15:49 PM
Author: whitby_2773

oh melissa! this is just one knock out punch after another!! i LOVE your wedding ring-to-be! where did you get it from? do you have some stats?

and how do you manage to be so organized?? you''ve been engaged for like - what? - 2 nano seconds??

you go girl!

Lol...we knew we would be getting engaged around this time. It''s not like we haven''t spent the past 4 months talking about it. I knew what the ring looked like well in advance (thanks, SIL-2-B!), so I kept my eyes open. I actually traded a pair of earrings for the band through the diamondbistro.com! It was listed for $200, and I didn''t have the money, so I asked the seller if she was willing to trade for a pair of princess cut earrings I had and never wore. So, all it cost me was the $6 for shipping!
9.gif

We did the contract with the venue in the end of January because (again) we knew when we would be getting engaged, and when we wanted to get married, and the closer you get to the date, the harder it is to get a venue (especially close to NYC). Few places will let you do a saturday with under 125 people.

So by the time he proposed, we had already booked the venue (together), purchased the STD''s (thanks SIL-2-B!), purchased the gown, shoes, etc., and had a first fitting, and gotten the wedding band. All that is left is flowers (know what I want), the DJ and the photographer. Oh, yeah...and invitations.

Many congrats; it is gorgeous!!! What a treasure!
30.gif

Congratulations, Melissa!

Your ring is beautiful. I love that it''s a family stone, I think they are so, so special.

Congrats! I love the ring, such a treasure!

Congratulations, Melissa! I''m delighted for you and your family.

Very pretty ring. Congratulations.

gorgeous!
Congrats! :)

Congratulations on your gorgeous new ring and engagement
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That wedding band is gorgeous, and will look so beautiful with your ering. What a lovely set! I also have a family stone and I wouldn''t change a thing about it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! It is just perfect! I love that he used a family stone, esp with it being an OEC! just really gives it LIFE and FIRE!
36.gif

Congrats..I''ve been reading about the ups and downs in your life over the last couple years. (sorry..but you seemed to speak quite freely about it) Which is good therapy . LOL. It all seemed like it happened so fast..the birth of your son (I''m sure all 3 children are happy for you), then the separation, the stress, your drastic weight loss (you must feel great now). You deserve happiness..finally! Best wishes..pretty ring!

made him ask 3 times...way to make him sweat...you go girl! Congratulations! Its a beautiful ring!

It''s stunning! Congrats again!

Date: 3/2/2009 2:46:24 PM
Author: beau13
Congrats..I''ve been reading about the ups and downs in your life over the last couple years. (sorry..but you seemed to speak quite freely about it) Which is good therapy . LOL. It all seemed like it happened so fast..the birth of your son (I''m sure all 3 children are happy for you), then the separation, the stress, your drastic weight loss (you must feel great now). You deserve happiness..finally! Best wishes..pretty ring!

Actually, it was three weeks after the birth of our FOURTH child, a little girl who will be 3 years old in one month. Thank you very much for the good wishes. And yes, talking about it was very good therapy. It''s nice to have happy news for a change.

A family ring is so special! I love it! Congratulations!

congratulations! your ring is beautiful - i adore tapered baguette sides - and how wonderful that it is a family heirloom! your wedding sounds like it will be lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP