shape
carat
color
clarity

my latest custom ring project....

Arthur Kennedy

Shiny_Rock
Hi, gang! I wanted to share a picture of the yellow gold ring I had made using a beautiful 6x4 mm oval pinkish-red mogok ruby I bought from Yvonne (of Cecilia Ray designs) last year. After several other projects--- and a bit of procrastination--- i finally got around to completing that project. This photo was taken in natural light--- not sunny but also not quite in the shade. I have it on my hairy finger, by the way. ;) I'm gonna give it to my fiance for Christmas. I had my jeweler set the gem East-West, but the color is so vibrant that it almost looks like a modified EXTRA-fat oval due to the reflection of the color on the top of the metal. The picture doesn't do it justice, believe me. This is a truly magnificent stone. It looks incredible in ALL lighting. but I'm always most partial to natural outside light on a not particularly sunny day--- especially when it comes to sapphires and rubies (that velvety almost underwater look is intoxicating).

Attachments

• IMG_20241011_143632173.jpg
    IMG_20241011_143632173.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 71
How did I miss this? What a lovely color. Ruby is so hard to come by with minimal treatment. I hope your fiancé will love it!

How did I miss this? What a lovely color. Ruby is so hard to come by with minimal treatment. I hope your fiancé will love it!

Thanks!

That color is amazing! Beautiful ring!

Beautiful and one of a kind! Please let us know how your fiance likes it. (Photos!)

That color is amazing! Beautiful ring!

Thanks! The setting was custom made by a really nifty company in Canada by the name of Sylvia findings. They do great work. Oh, and I'm definitely in love with the color of that stone as well. It's so wonderfully saturated (and it looks so fantastic in any lighting).

Beautiful and one of a kind! Please let us know how your fiance likes it. (Photos!)

Thanks so much. I sure will.
I think I've decided to make it her Christmas gift, so the wait will be agonizing--- for ME. ;)

And speaking of rubies, here's a pic of my 2 year anniversary gift for my gal: new pair of 1.05 tcw triple excellent cut diamond studs in Platinum and a pair of pretty little 5×3mm oval rubies from Mozambique. The pic was taken in so-so sunny lighting.

IMG_20241012_135614951_HDR.jpg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics