shape
carat
color
clarity

My mom''s TDF new ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And thanks Bling Addict!! Yupp - that was definitely one of the reasons Mom wanted to bezel it - she loved the unusual shape, too :)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully, I get the chance to take a ton of photos when Mom comes to pick it up - I really wish I had more than three photos to share! Here''s the same one as above, but I blew this one up a little bigger, too...the white gold/rose gold gallery is almost visible in this one.

And thanks again for all the compliments!

Mamamorton14.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME stone, GORGEOUS ring - totally unique and beautiful
36.gif
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stunning - the bezel around that shape is just to-die-for!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Amazing!!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
beautiful stone, and setting. I bet your mom will love it
36.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
18.gif
Drool Drool
18.gif

It''s stunning!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, your mom must be so excited
9.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I love this ring! Love the shape of the stone with the bezel--just perfect!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 12:41:55 AM
Author: Elmorton
Thank you jstar, Skippy, princess, beaglemom, flygirl, onvacation, and Lauren -

I can''t wait for my mom to see it - I think she''ll be really, really in love. This is the first piece of jewelry that she''s ever had made, and I only hope she had as much fun with the process as I did.

Onvacation - think of it as a blessing in disguise...I think it''s impossible to leave a round table empty handed! It was an amazing experience. Near the end, Richard passes around stones that he considers ''better'' than the ones he has in the Smithsonian. He and his wife are both truly lovely people, and you can tell that Richard loves to share his work, and even more, loves seeing all of our faces as we open up each of the little tissue packets containing his stones. Definitely go next time you have a chance!

Lauren, I''m glad you do!! I sent my mom practically every photo of your ring that I could find once she told me she wanted a bezel. As you know, I really admire your taste and I''m so glad you shared your ring here on PS - it made it a lot easier for me to communicate with my mom/communicate with the jeweler when my mom had photos in front of her that were similar to what she was describing.

Awww, Elmorton, that''s so kind of you to say!

However, the only real similarity I see is the bezel
2.gif
. . . that gorgeous design is all you and your Mother! I have always wanted a hex shaped gemstone to bezel, and I''m in love with your Mother''s ring! Such unique and fabulous style!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow that is just an incredible ring! So pretty and delicate! Yay!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
El, that stone is gorgeous! It''s my all time favorite shade of pink. (Did you mention where she got the stone?) The setting is beautiful too. I hope she loves it! It''s so unique, strong and substantial, yet feminine and beautiful.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a stunning ring she is sure to love! I love the unique stone with the beautiful cut and the modern sleek design!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s pretty! I like the way the stone is rotated in the final piece. The white and rose gold look great together!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Love that amazing stone! The ring is so pretty!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great piece!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is awesome! I love it! The color and shape are so unique! Your mom''s one lucky lady (any chance she''ll let you borrow it?
31.gif
)

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Now THAT is a very, very nice ring. Can we please see some more pictures when your Mom gets it?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all your kind replies! I called her to tell her to check out this thread, and I also asked her about stats. Turns out, I'm a total liar - she says she remembers it being "almost 4 cts" (so I over shot that a bit) and doesn't remember mm.

Amber, SDL, Rainy, Chiquita, Icekid, Tuckins, MMT, Coati, Brown Eyed, Gemgirl, KCoursolle, Addy, Kittybean, Canuk, IDream, and Gailey, thanks so much for your compliments!!

Lauren, I agree, other than the bezel, there's not a whole lot of similarity - but your ring and Neatfreak's really, really did help the design process, especially after the first CADs weren't really what my mom was thinking. She was having a really hard time describing what it was she wanted, so I'd send photos and then say "Okay, tell me what you like about this one!" - lots of phone convos with both of us in front of the computer : )

Gemgirl - the stone was purchased in Champaign, IL at a store called Christopher's Fine Jewelry - Christopher had invited Richard Homer for a roundtable and it was amazing - wine, appetizers, and gemstones - what's not to love about an evening like that?!? Christopher does gorgeous, gorgeous work with opals and lots of free-form designs, but it wasn't really what my mom envisioned for this project, so she went to JH Revell in Bettendorf, IA.

Here's links to everyone:

Christopher's Fine Jewelry

Richard Homer

JH Revell

I promise everyone I'll definitely take a bunch of photos when my mom comes to pick up her ring!! I'm pretty sure it will be next Saturday - yay!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I just dug up the other set of CADs - so no new ring photos, but these are kinda interesting :)

This was sortof the transition between the other CADs I posted and what the ring turned into:

12-06Perspective.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Another of that design -

12-06Top.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And then finally the one she approved - I wish I would have thought to take a photo from this angle of the completed one:

12-12Front.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Another -

12-12Perspective.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Last one :)

12-12Top.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! That''s gorgeous!!!! You have to put a picture over in the Colored Stones solitaire thread. I love the two tone of the metal. Your mom is a lucky lucky lady!!!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks like pink fireworks, frozen in time! So cool, can''t wait to see more pics!
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, and I like the fact it''s a protective bezel setting since tourmalines chip easily.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Freke, will do!

Gwen, I love your description! I''d say it''s pretty right on :)

TL - Ah yes...to be honest, Mom and I are both still really nervous about making the tourmaline a ring, since the crown of the stone does sit up quite a bit higher than the bezel. Klutziness kinda runs in our family - I can''t tell you how many times during the design process I''ve said something like "Okay...you''re going to have to be really, really careful wearing this!" Her wedding set sits really low and it''s going to take some time to get used to wearing this one (DH and I have been lovingly referring to it as "the Ring Pop" after I tried on the wax - it''s sitting pretty tall!), but I''m hoping she''ll get used to babying it when she wears it. Cross your fingers for her!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME.....LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! That is quite the statement piece and the statement is makes is "I''ve got great taste in jewelry!"

Just lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results