shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Padparadcha - paging Linda!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:14:34 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Here is another thought though..... She said she purchased it in the 90''s. Now I am not sure when all these ''new'' treatments started coming in to play, but based on the type of jewelry the seller owns/wears, my gut tells me it is the real deal. Did the owner say that if you had it certed that she would up the price??? Hmmmm, this is a hard one?
That was my gut instinct, too.

My dilemma is/was this (before the voice of reason and experience piped in
2.gif
), I''m paying what is a really good price for a heated Pad. However, if we get certification back that says it''s unheated or something off the wall that should drive up the price per carat, I may lose it.

On the other hand, it could be fake, so, I''d save my self a LOT of money if it comes back as anything other than natural heated.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:00:01 PM
Author: Linda W
O M G !!!!!!!
wowzer.gif
Ditto!

OMG Lauren, you really do need to post a warning before you do this you know - I''ve just wet the bed!

You''d better take it lady, because there''s a posse mounting to hijack it and we''re going to leave you cold baby!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 1:54:48 PM
Author:LaurenThePartier
Good sunday afternoon, ladies!

Respectfully snipped
Good Sunday afternoon? Where in God''s name are you Lauren. Unless I''m missing something, it''s only Saturday lunchtime with me!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:19:08 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 3/28/2009 2:00:01 PM
O M G !!!!!!!
wowzer.gif
Ditto!

OMG Lauren, you really do need to post a warning before you do this you know - I''ve just wet the bed!

You''d better take it lady, because there''s a posse mounting to hijack it and we''re going to leave you cold baby!
My apologies, Gaily - I''ll post warnings in the title from now on!
3.gif

Thank you, btw!
9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
OK, now I''ve stopped breathing into the brown paper bag, I agree with the comments about ensuring you''re getting the real deal Lauren. I''d sooner pay the upcharge for a certed stone (especially a pad) than risk being sold a donkey. Said with no disrespect meant to either your jeweller or his other customer.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:21:14 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 3/28/2009 1:54:48 PM
Author:LaurenThePartier
Good sunday afternoon, ladies!

Respectfully snipped
Good Sunday afternoon? Where in God''s name are you Lauren. Unless I''m missing something, it''s only Saturday lunchtime with me!

Big typo there - feels like a Sunday here since I took a part of yesterday off!!!!!!
I''m a dork. D''oh!!!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I am in love with that color! What an amazing find
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:22:23 PM
Author: Skippy123
Here is the info on TGAL's pad that wasn't https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/update-on-my-amelia-stone-well-its-not-my-amelia-stone-please-read-if-you-like-expensive-gems.108407/

LOVE THE COLOR, awwwww, beautiful!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks, Skippy!!!! I went back and read the post after Linda brought up TGal's fakey. I'm definitely sending it off!

I'm actually going to call the seller now, to let her know I want to make a deal including certification. I mean, if the price goes up, I suppose I'm willing to pay it, to a point. If it goes up more than I can afford/want to spend, well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, ya know?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren, didn''t she already give you a price on it? Was it depending on certification, or what was the deal?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Lauren, it''s just gorgeous. Love the color, love the cut, love everything about it. WOW!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:31:37 PM
Lauren, didn't she already give you a price on it? Was it depending on certification, or what was the deal?
She gave me a price, actually, the jeweler gave me the price based on his findings/opinion and what she wanted to recoup for it. I took it home on deposit, but wanted to start the negotiation process. If I get it certified, and then decide to pass on it because of one reason or another, I'd like to be reimbursed for the certification if she renigs on the starting price based on the certification findings.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh ok, and I agree with you 100%

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:36:07 PM
Cool! Yay, I''m pretty excited! I think I''m going to take it back to my jeweler to start working out how to get it to AGTA.

Am I looking at 2 or 3 weeks or so to get it back, do you think?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:37:02 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Cool! Yay, I''m pretty excited! I think I''m going to take it back to my jeweler to start working out how to get it to AGTA.

I think that is how long it takes. How are you going to set that beauty? I think you mentioned a LOGR setting??

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:33:53 PM
Author: Kaleigh
OMG Lauren, it''s just gorgeous. Love the color, love the cut, love everything about it. WOW!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Thank you, Kaleigh!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:39:03 PM

I think that is how long it takes. How are you going to set that beauty? I think you mentioned a LOGR setting??
I have an LOGR setting sitting empty, and it looks lovely in it and fits perfectly - BUT, this stone is really amazing, and if it comes back real, I''m having second thoughts about putting it in a setting that''s just . . . you know . . . not special.

I worry, though, that if I were to design something, I''d just design my ring or Neatfreak''s ring over again.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:41:28 PM

I have an LOGR setting sitting empty, and it looks lovely in it and fits perfectly - BUT, this stone is really amazing, and if it comes back real, I''m having second thoughts about putting it in a setting that''s just . . . you know . . . not special.

I worry, though, that if I were to design something, I''d just design my ring or Neatfreak''s ring over again.
9.gif

HA!! Boy do I know what you mean. These Pads just have to be in a special setting. I still have two loose little ones that I don''t know what to do with them, or how to have them set. Maybe a 3 stone ring. It has to be special though.

Would you be thinking of James Meyer??? Whatever you decide, I know it will be gorgeous, you have great taste.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:46:17 PM

Date: 3/28/2009 2:41:28 PM

9.gif

HA!! Boy do I know what you mean. These Pads just have to be in a special setting. I still have two loose little ones that I don''t know what to do with them, or how to have them set. Maybe a 3 stone ring. It has to be special though.

Would you be thinking of James Meyer??? Whatever you decide, I know it will be gorgeous, you have great taste.
I''ll most likely have WF make whatever I design, but I''ll probably just ask my husband to design something for it. He did such a great job the first time he did a ring for me.
11.gif

I don''t want to put the cart before the horse, here. So I''m going to try my hardest to not get my hopes up until I know for SURE that I''m buying the real deal. TGal''s thread scared me . . . so I''m going to be exceptionally skeptical here.

Thank you so much for your help, Linda! I so appreciate it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG.

My gut says its real too.

What are the dimensions on it?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:54:26 PM
Author: FrekeChild
OMG.

My gut says its real too.

What are the dimensions on it?
Thanks, Freke!!
1.gif

Here are the stats -

2.03 ct.
Measurements - 6.47mm x 6.55mm x 5.09mm

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, you mentioned it has silk in it. To me that would mean it is real. Unless fakes can put silk in their stones. That I don''t know.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:57:03 PM
You know, you mentioned it has silk in it. To me that would mean it is real. Unless fakes can put silk in their stones. That I don''t know.
Yeah, that''s why I''m trying to be slightly optomistic. There is a slight amount of silk in two corners, but my macro pics aren''t catching it . I can absolutely see it through my loupe, though.

Well, I''m off to the jewelers to surrender this bad boy! I''ll let you know what happens when I know!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren, it''s a gorgeous color and looks so clean!
30.gif
I hope it is real - natural heated is what they claim, right?

Be diffused stuff has been out longer than people think, according to what I read. I think they were around in the 90''s, but I''d have to search again to be sure.

I''m thinking if anything, it might be Be, but not synthetic. Of course, I am no expert. On ebay, people still seemed to called Be stuff "heated" (because it is HIGH heat). When I looked to have the JW pad certed by AGTA, they were going free two day turn around, but not sure if that is still going on. And yes, I was quoted 250 for the works.

If it turns out well, I also say save for a special setting on this one!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-Gal, can BE show silk?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren, I''ll go out on a limb here and say I don''t think it''s an unheated stone. Again, I''m no expert. I don''t think you have anything to lose by sending it to AGTA.

It also does remind me (cut wise) a lot of the fake I had. It makes me feel better that you are seeing some inclusions in the stone. I read a lot of instances that sellers might put a fake in the midst of real ones, and if her husband bought a parcel, there might have been fakes thrown in, and it would make sense to me that it might be the smallest one.

Again, I do agree with the others - gut feeling is that it is probably real, but I''m wary on the level of treatment. It''s well saturated with lovely color.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:10:57 PM

Date: 3/28/2009 2:08:41 PM
Lauren,

Look what happened to T-gal. Her stone turned out to be a fake. It is very important to get it certed. The color is absolutely gorgeous.
I know, which is why I am being so careful about this and haven''t paid the seller yet. How long should certification take?

I don''t think I''ve ever seen a Pad cert . . . you don''t happen to have access to one, do you?
AGTA has a sample on their site. Here is the link.

They will not cert Be stones.

http://www.agta-gtc.org/report_padparadscha.htm

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First up OMG Sensational!

Now for practicalities.

Make the sale dependent on the gem being certified as a Pad (heated but not treated) and negotiate the price BEFORE the Pad goes to AGTA. That way the price can''t go up whatever the Cert says.

Also, make the sale dependent on the Pad not being treated. BE stones can show silk.

I can''t wait to hear what this comes back as. My gut feeling says you''ve got a winner!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 3:25:42 PM
T-Gal, can BE show silk?
Not sure about silk (although I see LD says they can) but inclusions might look that way. Which is why I say I''m no expert. All hearsay and innuendo until we find out from someone who knows what they are doing, lol.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 4:21:45 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 3/28/2009 3:25:42 PM
T-Gal, can BE show silk?
Not sure about silk (although I see LD says they can) but inclusions might look that way. Which is why I say I''m no expert. All hearsay and innuendo until we find out from someone who knows what they are doing, lol.
I have a BE stone with silk.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results