shape
carat
color
clarity

My Pink Asscher Spinel!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stand corrected. It's possible it has windmills but they are very short. If you compare Dan's asscher and this one, you can see the windmills on the 4 corners (NW, NE, SE, SW). Dan's stone just has an X (4 points that meet) in the center. The windmills on that pink stone starts at the "shoulder". This one shows 8 points meeting in the center with the windmills beginning at the very center.

I agree that white gold might be best. I'm currently getting mine set right now and it'll be in white gold too. It'll have just two large "ribbon" prongs holding the east and west sides of the stone. There'll be a bridge underneath to help hold the whole ring together. The sides will be totally open.

before_and_after - Copy.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 9:55:58 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
How do windmills work? Interestingly I thought this had windmills. Looking at it - well it''s so small that it''s hard to tell. Everything blends together. . . hmm. . . either way I love it.

I''m really not into rose gold. I actually prefer colored stones to be in white gold. I know you all say some colors are complimented in rose gold. But for me any kind of color takes away from the colored stone. JMO. I will think about it though. I am going to stop at a local jeweler this week and see if they have any settings I can plop it into to get an idea of what I might like.

This is the kind of style with baguettes that I like but not two tone obviously.

I also kind of like this style.
I actually think white gold can take away from a colored stone if it has any touch of brown in it. That''s why plum (which is a combination of pink/purple/brown) would look better in rose gold. It''s up to you, but if there is a secondary modifier of brown, it might not bring out the best in white gold.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It looks great! I''m not usually a fan of pink but I like the color!!!
36.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono - thanks. I see the difference in the 8 points vs 4 points. I will have to look at mine better in person and see if I can tell. I haven''t louped it yet. Maybe that will help?

TL - I''ll have to try things out at the store. I really don''t mind that browny pink color. But we''ll see. In reality though I may never wear it if I get it set in rose gold. So the lesser of two evils so to speak would be white gold. But we will see.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME COLOR STONE HB.....can''t wait to see her set in her new home!!!!
9.gif

Lori

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink and Asscher in the same sentence!! Gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Arujane... that setting is heavenly!!!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
AJ - did I ask where that setting is from? I''ve been inquiring about settings with some vendors. Got a quote yesterday for $3750 for a white gold setting! I think not! Wow. Need something way cheaper than that. Geesh.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results