shape
carat
color
clarity

My Tacori 2639rd Plain Shank Halo Engagement Ring!

dreamingoftacori

Rough_Rock
My bf is now my fiance!!! He proposed tonight with a Hearts & Arrow Canadian Diamond set in the Tacori plain shank halo setting! :love: Purchased from GOG and they were fantastic at helping us to really find the perfect diamond and ring for us!

Setting: Tacori 2639rd75
Ring Size: 5.25

Here is my diamond stats and website: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7761/
Shape: Round
Carat Weight: 1.25ct
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
GIA Cut Grade: Excellent
AGS Light Performance: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: Superior
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Culet: None
Lab Report: GIA
Lab Report #: 5121478414
In House: Yes
Width: 6.95mm
Length: 6.92mm
Depth: 4.28mm
Table Percentage: 56.00%
Depth Percentage: 61.70%
Crown ∠: 34.60°
Pavilion ∠: 40.80°

And the pictures of course. It's already dark outside so the pictures aren't as clear. I will take more tomorrow when the lighting is better. I was just so excited that I had to share!!!

On my finger:
Tacori2639033020113.jpg

Side and top views, slightly blurry but I promise better pictures tomorrow:
Tacori2639033020112.jpg
Tacori2639033020111.jpg

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning!!! Congratulations on your engagement that is so exciting! I LOVE your ring and it looks perfect on you. Wear it in good health and happiness!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, congrats!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous ring! I love that the profile is so intricate, but from the top it looks simple and elegant.

So lovely! Congratulations on your engagement!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful - it looks wonderful on you!

Congrats!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your engagement and your ring! I love how the shank is plain from the top, but the side view is so detailed. It's lovely!

PrincessNuggz

Rough_Rock
congratulations! it's so beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love your setting! :love: And I remember that beautiful diamond well as I considered trading up in color and down in size! I am glad it went into such a beautiful ring! Congratulations!!! :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I ADORE this. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :appl:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that set! Beautiful stone in a beautiful setting. (I like that more than the 2620...) Congrats! And uh - any more pics??? :cheeky:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful!!! Congratulations!

dreamingoftacori

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! I love my ring and can't wait to see it in proper daylight! Will take pictures to share of course! I love that it looks like a solitaire almost from the top and that the halo is so delicate. The side view is that extra surprise that makes me smile each time I turn my hand. My fiancé fell in love with the basket the second we saw it and I can't believe it's mine! I never would have guessed I'd be a plain shank halo girl!

ecf8503|1301577968|2884148 said:
Love that set! Beautiful stone in a beautiful setting. (I like that more than the 2620...) Congrats! And uh - any more pics??? :cheeky:

Thank you! The 2620 was our original choice then I saw they had a round halo version and we fell in love with it. Even bought it before seeing it and hoped it would be everything we thought it would. And wow! I love it!!! The 2620 was beautiful as well but it became too common for me. I wanted the basket with just something slightly different. And yes! Pix to come in proper light tonight when I am able to have daylight, he proposed late last night and I had to make due. Plenty of spam to share!

diamondseeker2006|1301574710|2884111 said:
I absolutely love your setting! :love: And I remember that beautiful diamond well as I considered trading up in color and down in size! I am glad it went into such a beautiful ring! Congratulations!!! :appl:

Thank you! During the long wait i seriously doubted my choice when i saw your daughter gorgeous Caroline too! It was a long wait and now i know its perfect! Also, how funny that you considered this diamond! Knowing such a diamond expert opinion (in my eyes at least) was even considering my diamond makes me feel like we did okay. We went in really not knowing too much and PS really helped in the decision.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I love the party it has going on in the profile. So nicely balanced.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Even prettier than the more popular cushion halo, I think. Congratulations on your engagement!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty...I love the contrast of halos with plain shanks!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Very elegant and feminine! Congratulations on your ring! =)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! It's perfection on your hand! Congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!

LOVE the plain shank from the top with the ornate profile :love: :love: And it looks lovely on your finger :))

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!! :appl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1301580050|2884178 said:
Congratulations! I love the party it has going on in the profile. So nicely balanced.
Party in the profile--I love this!

Gorgeous ring! Best wishes to you, dreamingoftacori!

Your ring makes me very excited about the ring I'm waiting for--the profile is similar to what I *think* my ring will look like when it's finished. I hope it does look like yours!

Your stone looks HUGE in that setting, by the way.

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! Love how it fits your finger. Perfect. Congratulations!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
it's beautiful! and the perfect size on your finger :) I also love the contrast of the ornate profile with the plain shank...just a beautiful ring :)

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Now THAT is an amazingly detailed setting, so gorgeous! Congratulations!!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
HUGE congrats!!! the ring is stunning, and it looks amazing (and gigantic) on your hand! and your hands are lovely--so long and slim!

You have a gorgeous ring! I didn't know GOG worked with Tacori.

Congrats!

dreamingoftacori

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! I love my ring and found myself stealing glances all day today. Here are more pictures as promised:

On my hand:
dreamingtacori033120118.jpg

Close up:
dreamingtacori033120114.jpg

Those beautiful arrows:
dreamingtacori033120111.jpg

Tacori basket:
dreamingtacori033120117.jpg

weallshineon

Rough_Rock
Wow! Congratulations on that beauty and on your engagement, the ring is stunning on your hand!

That ring is absolutely perfect on you. Wear it in good health and have fun planning your wedding!!

dreamingoftacori

Rough_Rock
Haven|1301587491|2884289 said:
kelpie|1301580050|2884178 said:
Party in the profile--I love this!

Gorgeous ring! Best wishes to you, dreamingoftacori!

Your ring makes me very excited about the ring I'm waiting for--the profile is similar to what I *think* my ring will look like when it's finished. I hope it does look like yours!

Your stone looks HUGE in that setting, by the way.

What ring are you waiting for? I can't wait for the reveal! Is it Tacori also? I'm so thrilled with mine!

Thank you, the halo really brings out the diamond. My older relatives that really love diamonds thought it was practically a sin for me to halo such a high color. They thought it was a G/H because the halo. But they were on point and guessed the VS1 which I thought was incredible. But i LOVE it!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm waiting for an e-ring upgrade. (EEH! Can't wait!) The basket isn't nearly as beautifully ornate as yours, but the shape will be similar--at least I think it will be. I drew up a design that included a rounded basket shape and cathedral shank, and when I saw your ring I gasped because the shape reminds me of what I drew. Anyway, your ring is just stunning--I came back into this thread to drool some more!

ETA: Why did your relatives think your stone was a G/H because of the halo? I think people often halo high colors, no? Your stone definitely looks icy white to me!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I love love this ring! The profile is pure beauty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results