shape
carat
color
clarity

Nabati Jewelry for rubies?

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello. Does anyone have any experience with Nabati Jewerly on Etsy? I am looking for high-grade rubies for an eternity ring. I am new to rubies, and this project will be for my 40th anniversary, so I am searching for a reputable vendor. Any thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

I messaged Nathan months ago when I was first trying to get my engagement ring made. Very quick communication, said he’d get back to me in 24 hours with center stone options. Then nothing.. so not sure what happened there!

Hello. Does anyone have any experience with Nabati Jewerly on Etsy? I am looking for high-grade rubies for an eternity ring. I am new to rubies, and this project will be for my 40th anniversary, so I am searching for a reputable vendor. Any thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

I used to sale to them occasionally. They buy very nice stones. Never sold Ruby to them but high end Tourmaline and Spinel, yes.

I think for rubies if you want the best quality you will need to work with a well-connected vendor to help locate the best options. I would not personally want to try buying overseas or from an untested vendor because rubies are very pricey and often highly treated and possibly not disclosed as such. If I were looking I would ask Yvonne Raley to source for me, because I have worked with her before and trust her eye. But I would also consider Inken Krause based on experiences here on PS.

I think for rubies if you want the best quality you will need to work with a well-connected vendor to help locate the best options. I would not personally want to try buying overseas or from an untested vendor because rubies are very pricey and often highly treated and possibly not disclosed as such. If I were looking I would ask Yvonne Raley to source for me, because I have worked with her before and trust her eye. But I would also consider Inken Krause based on experiences here on PS.

Hello Dreamer! Thank you for responding and I am going to take your advice and work with Yvonne. If you and others trust her, then I can't go wrong. =)2

I messaged Nathan months ago when I was first trying to get my engagement ring made. Very quick communication, said he’d get back to me in 24 hours with center stone options. Then nothing.. so not sure what happened there!

Thank you for your response, Lilette. I am going to pass on this vendor.

Hello Dreamer! Thank you for responding and I am going to take your advice and work with Yvonne. If you and others trust her, then I can't go wrong. =)2

I think you will be happy! I have found her communication to be good and she is very fast to reply. You can contact her through her Etsy store. She has some beautiful Ruby melee in 2.8mm right now but I’m sure she can source larger if that’s what you are after. She can also set them into an eternity band, see the custom section of her website for designs. She works with just one setter and he is fantastic. Very nice quality finishing and perfect claw prongs. Highly recommend.

You might enjoy her blog posts on her custom jewelry and rubies (you can search)

Earth's treasury and Gemfix also have rubies.
Yvonne is good for melee though

I think you will be happy! I have found her communication to be good and she is very fast to reply. You can contact her through her Etsy store. She has some beautiful Ruby melee in 2.8mm right now but I’m sure she can source larger if that’s what you are after. She can also set them into an eternity band, see the custom section of her website for designs. She works with just one setter and he is fantastic. Very nice quality finishing and perfect claw prongs. Highly recommend.

You might enjoy her blog posts on her custom jewelry and rubies (you can search)

I saw those 2.8 mm Ruby melee and they are gorgeous! Do you think they are a good size for a 3/4 eternity ring or will that type of ring look better with smaller stones? I am wanting to wear the band with my e-ring, but I am have a difficult time visualizing what that size of stones would look like. You have a keen eye for such things! =)2

I saw those 2.8 mm Ruby melee and they are gorgeous! Do you think they are a good size for a 3/4 eternity ring or will that type of ring look better with smaller stones? I am wanting to wear the band with my e-ring, but I am have a difficult time visualizing what that size of stones would look like. You have a keen eye for such things! =)2

Can you post a picture of your ering?

Part of the consideration is width and part is depth.

Here is Yvonne’s half eternity with 3mm gems in a hand set v-cut half eternity. I love it and think it would look stunning with those 2.8mm rubies. So luxurious!

1724729606528.png

1724729555300.png

Here is 2.5mm. Less width but also less height. Maybe it’s good, might work better with an ering.

1724729771258.png

1724729797599.png

And 2mm which is lovely but subtle.

1724729927809.png

I think it’s too small to truly admire the coloured gems. I’d almost go with 3mm and wear it solo or stacked with a wide gold band and enjoy the bold color rather than worrying about matching the ering which would probably mean smaller impact.

Part of the consideration is width and part is depth.

Here is Yvonne’s half eternity with 3mm gems in a hand set v-cut half eternity. I love it and think it would look stunning with those 2.8mm rubies. So luxurious!

1724729606528.png

1724729555300.png

Here is 2.5mm. Less width but also less height. Maybe it’s good, might work better with an ering.

1724729771258.png

1724729797599.png

And 2mm which is lovely but subtle.

1724729927809.png

I think it’s too small to truly admire the coloured gems. I’d almost go with 3mm and wear it solo or stacked with a wide gold band and enjoy the bold color rather than worrying about matching the ering which would probably mean smaller impact.

Good morning and I agree with you on this! I want to admire those gorgeous rubies, and will likely wear it solo. Back to Yvonne and I hope she has enough left! Thank you so much for your guidance!

A good choice! Looking at your ering, I think if you wanted it to match you could only go as large as 1.5 to 2mm and then you would see some nice color but not truly appreciate them!

I cannot wait to see the end result. I own a few stones similar to what you are getting and have a 4mm Burmese Ruby in the mail now from Yvonne, and the gems are so bright it is shocking! It will look spectacular and will be very versatile for stacking! I would really like a band with 9 x 3mm gems myself one day.

Good morning and I agree with you on this! I want to admire those gorgeous rubies, and will likely wear it solo. Back to Yvonne and I hope she has enough left! Thank you so much for your guidance!
I am really looking forward to seeing these rubies in a ring, especially since you are happy with your similar stones from Yvonne. Thank you so much for your help and stay tuned!

I am really looking forward to seeing these rubies in a ring, especially since you are happy with your similar stones from Yvonne. Thank you so much for your help and stay tuned!

Will you have to stones sent to you first so you can see them before they are set? I'm not sure how picky you feel about color.

If you are thrilled with yours and (and I know how particular you are with your stones and projects), then I will love them too! I absolutely love beautiful, high-quality rubies and the wait is the worst part! Do you have a project in mind with your rubies? :kiss2:

If you are thrilled with yours and (and I know how particular you are with your stones and projects), then I will love them too! I absolutely love beautiful, high-quality rubies and the wait is the worst part! Do you have a project in mind with your rubies? :kiss2:

Just to be transparent my 3mm are technically not rubies per GIA! They were batch tested and came back as untreated pink sapphires but it’s a subtle difference. They were kinda pricey because they are unheated but worth it. I’m going to set them into a pendant design of Yvonne’s with 2mm unheated lilac sapphires and maaaybe a moonstone center. This is my mock up, but a pendant not a ring.

lilies 2.jpeg

A couple pics for color:

IMG_2354.jpeg

IMG_3450.jpeg
This is the 4mm burmese ruby I just bought but it hasn’t come yet. I think this is what yours will look like. Glowy but a hint more red than the smaller ones above.

IMG_3448.jpeg

I’m setting it with a pair of OECs into a ring like this. Some day lol. Gold is so $$$ now!

IMG_3459.jpeg

Your project is so exciting! I can’t wait to see it.

Just to be transparent my 3mm are technically not rubies per GIA! They were batch tested and came back as untreated pink sapphires but it’s a subtle difference. They were kinda pricey because they are unheated but worth it. I’m going to set them into a pendant design of Yvonne’s with 2mm unheated lilac sapphires and maaaybe a moonstone center. This is my mock up, but a pendant not a ring.

lilies 2.jpeg

A couple pics for color:

IMG_2354.jpeg

IMG_3450.jpeg
This is the 4mm burmese ruby I just bought but it hasn’t come yet. I think this is what yours will look like. Glowy but a hint more red than the smaller ones above.

IMG_3448.jpeg

I’m setting it with a pair of OECs into a ring like this. Some day lol. Gold is so $$$ now!

IMG_3459.jpeg

Your project is so exciting! I can’t wait to see it.

Oh Dreamer, wow, your projects are gorgeous...they always are! I love the stones you chose and can't wait to see yours completed! Just curious, did you send your 3 mm to GIA for batch testing? Your 4 mm Burmese ruby is beautiful and if mine are close to yours in quality, then I will be very happy! Please be sure to share your completed projects.:kiss2:

Oh Dreamer, wow, your projects are gorgeous...they always are! I love the stones you chose and can't wait to see yours completed! Just curious, did you send your 3 mm to GIA for batch testing? Your 4 mm Burmese ruby is beautiful and if mine are close to yours in quality, then I will be very happy! Please be sure to share your completed projects.:kiss2:

Yvonne did the batch testing with the pinks. I assume because they were represented as unheated and she wanted to verify because it affects price so much. The 4mm is heated. I do like the idea of untreated gems, but my (still limited) understanding for rubies is that untreated ones are so rare and expensive, and Burmese rubies in particular are hard to find anymore. The stock Yvonne has is all old stock from many years ago that is finally surfacing, but there is no new material being mined because of the political situation. So I am fine with heat treatment for the 4mm and would have been fine with it in smaller melee too.

Did you go with the 2.8mm Bermese she has? I was just looking at the listing and the pieces look amazing. Her comments about the quality and rarity make me think they will be so fine! Are you doing 3/4 eternity or half?

Yvonne did the batch testing with the pinks. I assume because they were represented as unheated and she wanted to verify because it affects price so much. The 4mm is heated. I do like the idea of untreated gems, but my (still limited) understanding for rubies is that untreated ones are so rare and expensive, and Burmese rubies in particular are hard to find anymore. The stock Yvonne has is all old stock from many years ago that is finally surfacing, but there is no new material being mined because of the political situation. So I am fine with heat treatment for the 4mm and would have been fine with it in smaller melee too.

Did you go with the 2.8mm Bermese she has? I was just looking at the listing and the pieces look amazing. Her comments about the quality and rarity make me think they will be so fine! Are you doing 3/4 eternity or half?

Hi Dreamer! I am going to have to ask you for your thoughts on this. I am going with the 2.8 mm Burmese that she has for sure. I was wanting the 3/4 eternity, but Yvonne keeps telling me how bulky this ring is going to be on the sides of my finger and said that she can file down the sides to make it less bulky if there are no stones that are past a half eternity. :confused:She said this will be 3.5mm ring and about 2.5mm in height not filed down and no stones on the side. I didn't think that would be that bulky, but I would like your thoughts.

Otherwise, I think 3/4 eternity is going to be beautiful!:appl:

Hi Dreamer! I am going to have to ask you for your thoughts on this. I am going with the 2.8 mm Burmese that she has for sure. I was wanting the 3/4 eternity, but Yvonne keeps telling me how bulky this ring is going to be on the sides of my finger and said that she can file down the sides to make it less bulky if there are no stones that are past a half eternity. :confused:She said this will be 3.5mm ring and about 2.5mm in height not filed down and no stones on the side. I didn't think that would be that bulky, but I would like your thoughts.

Hmm. I see what she is saying. It guess it depends on your comfort level? I think 2.5mm thick and 3.5mm wide is quite a bit of ring personally. Like, if it was 2.5mm thick but only 2mm wide, that would not be so much bulk. OR if it was 3.5mm wide but only 1.8mm thick it would also be OK. Either of those proportions would probably feel OK on the underside of the finger where you finger bends (I think that is the area she is concerned about for comfort). But that combo -- thick and wide -- could be uncomfortable. I think I would find that uncomfortable when grasping things or making a fist, though some people wear eternity bands with large diamonds (like .25ct) and get used to it. Do you have any rings like that?

And I guess she is saying if the stones only span the top of the band, for example, then it would be possible to thin the band by hand so that under the finger it would be thinner and possibly not as wide, too. Making for less bulk on the underside of the finger. But with 3/4 eternity there would be a very small area without gems and so it would not be possible to thin the metal -- either because it would look weird or not be structurally sound given how much metal is shaved from the area where the stones are set.

I get where you are coming from wanting a 3/4 eternity, but I wonder if that makes more sense for thinner band somehow where you are creating the illusion of a full eternity. With stones this large I kind of think the stones between the finger don’t add so much aesthetically, and certainly you can’t see them. I really like how that purple ring higher in the thread looks, where the stones span the top of the finger and not between.

This one:

I tend to like to listen to vendors when they make these kinds of suggestions bc they have more experience making and wearing their pieces than I do. And I think a half round with these gems would be stunning. But Yvonne will make it how you want.

Maybe start a new thread with this question? There are some PSers who have more of Yvonne’s pieces than me and might even have eternities. It would be good to get their input. I'm just gonna tag some people as they might not see this thread since the title is nothing to do with the content anymore @lilmosun @elle_71125 @newtojewels @Avondale @ItsMainelyYou

Hmm. I see what she is saying. It guess it depends on your comfort level? I think 2.5mm thick and 3.5mm wide is quite a bit of ring personally. Like, if it was 2.5mm thick but only 2mm wide, that would not be so much bulk. OR if it was 3.5mm wide but only 1.8mm thick it would also be OK. Either of those proportions would probably feel OK on the underside of the finger where you finger bends (I think that is the area she is concerned about for comfort). But that combo -- thick and wide -- could be uncomfortable. I think I would find that uncomfortable when grasping things or making a fist, though some people wear eternity bands with large diamonds (like .25ct) and get used to it. Do you have any rings like that?

And I guess she is saying if the stones only span the top of the band, for example, then it would be possible to thin the band by hand so that under the finger it would be thinner and possibly not as wide, too. Making for less bulk on the underside of the finger. But with 3/4 eternity there would be a very small area without gems and so it would not be possible to thin the metal -- either because it would look weird or not be structurally sound given how much metal is shaved from the area where the stones are set.

I get where you are coming from wanting a 3/4 eternity, but I wonder if that makes more sense for thinner band somehow where you are creating the illusion of a full eternity. With stones this large I kind of think the stones between the finger don’t add so much aesthetically, and certainly you can’t see them. I really like how that purple ring higher in the thread looks, where the stones span the top of the finger and not between.

This one:

I tend to like to listen to vendors when they make these kinds of suggestions bc they have more experience making and wearing their pieces than I do. And I think a half round with these gems would be stunning. But Yvonne will make it how you want.

Maybe start a new thread with this question? There are some PSers who have more of Yvonne’s pieces than me and might even have eternities. It would be good to get their input. I'm just gonna tag some people as they might not see this thread since the title is nothing to do with the content anymore @lilmosun @elle_71125 @newtojewels @Avondale @ItsMainelyYou

Thank you so much for your thoughts and what you are saying does make sense. I don't have any rings that thick. I am thinking I better go with 1/2 eternity and have her thin the sides. I don't have much in the way of finger length either...

Thanks for tagging me, @Dreamer_D!

I have three eternity-ish rings, one ring with a thin half eternity on the band, and one very bulky pearl ring but none of those eternity-ish rings are from Yvonne (my one ring from her is a Paraiba tourmaline in the Camellia oval setting). My fingers are kind of knuckly so there's some space between my fingers at the base but also rings are always going to be a bit loose there just because of the size to get over the knuckle. For reference, I have big hands with long fingers. My ring finger size is a 6.5+ and my index and middle fingers are a 7.5+. I don't have a good way to measure finger length but I can reach an octave and two notes on the piano and they're the longest hands of any woman I've compared to (except I'm tied with my mother).

Because my rings spin due to looseness from the knuckle size, I would personally choose more than a half eternity. I like that the emerald band is a 2/3, personally!

Below are photos with dimensions. I just took all of these rather than digging through my old photos and the lighting isn't exactly flattering to my jewelry right now, but it was just to show you how they look and to talk about dimensions and comfort. Dimensions were measured with a set of electronic calipers just now.

Side view of everything I'm discussing here:
1724899322995.png

From most to least comfortable:

1) Wide diamond eternity band. 5.8mm wide, 2mm thick, comfort fit, full eternity (I might still return this one, it's been a saga! this is my second time having it in-hand but it's so comfortable and I think it's really fun)
1724898460984.png

2) Rubellite and ruby ring, rubies going just under halfway around. I added this just because it's rubies and thus maybe relevant. 2mm wide and 2.7mm thick at the pave, 1.9mm wide and 1.9mm thick for the plain band. This is comfort fit on the inside which is great but it spins -- probably not relevant to your band. I wish this had more ruby coverage so I wouldn't ever see plain metal.
1724898715375.png

3) Emerald CvB 2/3-ish eternity band, 4.3mm wide at the top, 3mm thick at the top, 1.8mm wide at the bottom, 1.8mm thick at the bottom. Definitely aware of this between my fingers but I got used to it quickly, it helps that it's relatively smooth
1724898620421.png

4) Sapphire eternity band. 3.9mm wide, 2.4mm thick. Even though it's thinner, this one is less comfy than the emerald band because it isn't a soft comfort fit on the inside and I'm more aware of the sharper edges on the milgrain than of the smooth emerald setting
1724898985110.png

5) Surprising no one, chonky pearl is the least comfy even though it's very rounded, though honestly I think that's at least somewhat due to sheer weight. The bottom diamond circles are 5.6mm wide and thick and they just get between my fingers when my hand is held flat but not when it's kind of naturally draped in like a typing position. The plain metal tapers from 3.5mm wide and 2.5mm thick just below the circles to 4.5mm wide and 2.4mm thick at the bottom. It really helps that this is so rounded, I debated switching this and the sapphire ring above it.

1724899299844.png

Edit: and just to be clear, none of these is actually uncomfy -- to me. Maybe I'm not picky. I will happily wear any of them all day at work at my computer-intense job. It's just that ring #1 is soooooo smooth and comfy I would forget I have it on and I would never forget about the emerald or sapphire bands.

Last edited:
These are good comparisons @newtojewels ! It would be good for @kathley to consider whether rings tend to spin on her fingers. Mine don’t spin because I have soft pudgy fingers so the rings kind of grip into my finger ever so slightly. I might feel differently if my rings spun.

It is interesting that your least comfortable ring is the closest to the dimensions Yvonne was cautioning about: 3.9 x 2.4. And the most comfortable, while wide, is only 2mm thick.

There is the option of buying the gems from Yvonne and going to DK for example to get the exact proportions you want. He is such a high volume jeweler and does his own CADs and sends waxes and all that.

These are good comparisons @newtojewels ! It would be good for @kathley to consider whether rings tend to spin on her fingers. Mine don’t spin because I have soft pudgy fingers so the rings kind of grip into my finger ever so slightly. I might feel differently if my rings spun.

It is interesting that your least comfortable ring is the closest to the dimensions Yvonne was cautioning about: 3.9 x 2.4. And the most comfortable, while wide, is only 2mm thick.

There is the option of buying the gems from Yvonne and going to DK for example to get the exact proportions you want. He is such a high volume jeweler and does his own CADs and sends waxes and all that.

I think wide but low is the way to go on me at least for comfort! But also everyone's hands are so different, like you said. I do think the biggest issue with the pearl ring is the weight, which TRR said was 11.9g, and the circles rather than the width and thickness of the plain band but also there are no stones there and I would definitely feel it more if it weren't so smooth. Interestingly, it doesn't spin! Everything else does, I think the pearl and circles may kind of act like sizing beads plus the thickness increases friction.

I wonder if it's worth trying something in CZ. I found some options on Amazon for $15, though of course they don't give the thickness.

3mm: https://www.amazon.com/PAVOI-Eternity-Princes-Zirconia-Jewlery/dp/B08V42BVWY/
4mm: https://www.amazon.com/PAVOI-White-Plated-Zirconia-Stackable/dp/B08CT6FSW9/

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP