shape
carat
color
clarity

Name the beauty items you can't live without...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
For anyone that uses the Smashbox foundation Primer, how do you like it? I'm looking for something that will help keep my skin matte during the day. Do you recommend it?

I can't live without Bobby Brown eyeliner, Mac foundation, and Benefit lipglosses!!! I also love the Makeup Forever HD powder!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Aveeno Clear Complexion Bar and moisturizer. Anything else makes me break out.
Neutrogena lip gloss.
Almay Smart Shade makeup base. It literally disappears; completely covers, looks like my own skin.
Revlon Color Stay eyeliner pencil. Stays put. It will only come off with makeup remover.
Cover Girl waterproof mascara. I've tried everything else. CG is still my fave.
I need a neutral eyeshadow in brown/green. Makes my blue eyes blue-y-er. ;))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1313355804|2990760 said:
Phoenix|1313302701|2990466 said:
Now, do you bleach every day for about a week or two initially? and then each time you repeat, it's just the once or repeat the routine (ie. daily for a week) 3-4 times (as in 3-4 weeks of daily bleaching) a year?

I'm certainly no expert but I'd say, it depends.
If you have teeth-staining habits, blueberries, tea, coffee, smoking etc., do it more.
My hygienist said repeat "as needed" - but I think I do recall she said a few times a year.
You may want to ask your hygienist or dentist but consider the source, as teeth whitening is a high-profit service for them.
My hygienist practically whispered all this in my ear when the doctor was out of the room.
Even then she and I have a good rapport and friendship.

I end up whitening my teeth this way for two-week daily treatments maybe 3 or 4 times a year.
If you expect your teeth to be Julia Roberts' blindly-white you may do it more often.
I'll usually start it 2-weeks prior to some important event where I want everyone to worship me as the god that I am! :bigsmile:

I do not know at what point it becomes too much, as in not good for your health, but my hygienist said if you experience gum tenderness you may want to back off some.
She also said if you have good hygiene habits your gums will be less sensitive, so factor that in.
IOW, gum sensitivity may mean you need to improve your brushing/flossing routine.

Thank you so much, Kenny. Very informative post and funny too!:)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lizzyann--I do love the Smashbox primer b/c it evens out my skin before I put on foundation. I'm not sure if it controls oil completely. You may be better off using blotting papers for the face instead.

Anyone have a good recommendation for creme concealer for light/fair skin?

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I dont use very much in the way of skincare/makeup anymore, but i do love Lucas' Paw Paw Ointment for, well, everything =)

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Skincare:
Absolutely NOTHING but Isomers on my face:

{I remove my eye make-up with Johnsons Baby SHAMPOO. Works like a charm and it incredibly cheap.}

Foaming facial wash followed by One 3000 Serum and if necessary One 3000 Cream moisturizer. Once or twice a year I do the R PUR treatment for my face. Fast Lift Eye Serum--been using it for 14+ years now and still consider it the best product out there.

Make up:

Smashbox Halo or Sisley's Cream foundation, Chanel blush, Le Stylo liners and shadows. They come in incredible colors and last for ever.

I'm also a peroxide user for my teeth, but I know they won't WHITEN, only brighten them.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread! For those of you who use the Smashbox primer, on another board I'm on there is a makeup artist who swears the the formula of Smashbox primer is exactly the same as (of all things!) Monistat Chafind Gel, and it's so much cheaper. Seriously, weird, I know, but look: http://www.weddingbee.com/2010/01/23/ace-your-face-pt-1/.

I can't live without Nars blush. So far, that's it, as I'm always disappointed by my eye liners.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
The only make up item I cannot go without is lipstick

As for skincare, baby oil...I use it as eye makeup remover, and I think it keeps my eye area wrinkle free.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Water, Aquaphor and lipstick are the only beauty items I don't want to live without.

I should add that my complexion never looked better than the week or two after I had my wisdom teeth removed and my diet consisted mostly of cottage cheese. I'm guessing it was the protein, and since then I try to eat a lot of cottage cheese. It's working. My skin looks very nice.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1313453963|2991563 said:
Water, Aquaphor and lipstick are the only beauty items I don't want to live without.

I should add that my complexion never looked better than the week or two after I had my wisdom teeth removed and my diet consisted mostly of cottage cheese. I'm guessing it was the protein, and since then I try to eat a lot of cottage cheese. It's working. My skin looks very nice.

I know you're serious about the cottage cheese, but I couldn't help laughing when I read that. Will give cottage cheese a try, haha!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My can't live withouts:

Retin A .05 (I think)
Clarisonic classic
La Mer eye concentrate (pricey but so worth it for me)
Bare escentuals foundation and blush
Loreal mascara

Really, at my age, there are so many things I feel I can't live without, but these are my basics.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
IndyLady|1313472321|2991740 said:
Haven|1313453963|2991563 said:

I know you're serious about the cottage cheese, but I couldn't help laughing when I read that. Will give cottage cheese a try, haha!
:bigsmile: These are the kinds of tips you won't find in this month's issue of Glamour, that's for sure.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1313295667|2990433 said:
can't live without? chapstick and the Clinique dramatically different moisturizer.

Absolutely can't live without Dramatically Different Moisturizer and cherry Chapstick. I have them literally- everywhere. Also my Clinique under eye concealer, Lash Doubling Mascara and Clinique's Glamourful extra thick lip gloss are also must haves.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
This made me have to do serious thinking...

Differin and Tazorac to keep my face clear
Oil of Olay Sensitive SPF 15 lotion and jar cream (winter)
Covermark/Touchback (whatever the brand is) Auburn brow marker
Aveda color conditioner in Madder Root (mixed with Chamomile)
Maybelline Lash Discovery WP and Full n Soft WP mascaras (layered)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They discontinued the only thing I couldn't live without.

Pureology Scalp Cure Shampoo. And boy and I ticked.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I don't wear makeup 99% of the time, so I'll stick with skin and hair care products for my list.

Things that I'd hate to live without:
-chapstick
-moisturizer
-acne products with salicylic acid
-Proactiv mask (not loving the rest of the line, but the mask is miraculous, despite how horrible it smells!)
-electric toothbrush

Things that I'm digging now but could probably live without:
-Garnier Fructis Body Boost shampoo and conditioner
-Biosilk tourmaline ceramic flat iron
-Retin-A

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Kelpie, can you tell me about doing peels at home? If you all mind the thread-jack, we can start a new thread too--I'm interested in trying a salicylic acid or glycolic for my acne scars, but I still reading about the risks. I'm considering ordering from Make Up Artists Choice. Any advice?

julia_girl

Rough_Rock
Croc hair straightner (best I've ever had and I've had them all)
Aveda flat brush
Aveda cream face cleanser (even the bottle is amazing)
Lancome mineral makeup, blush and defincils mascara
Dior Lip Maximizer (replaced my beloved Citylips and its way better)

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I am pretty low maintenance but I need Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap, biosilk for my hair, a quality blow dryer, and a tube of BadGal lash in plum.

@ Kenny, I am going to try rinsing with hydrogen peroxide asap. Thanks for the tip :D

edited to add Dead Sea Salts for bathing and vanicream bar soap for my face.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1313549395|2992358 said:
They discontinued the only thing I couldn't live without.

Pureology Scalp Cure Shampoo. And boy and I ticked.
I know alllll about that. My favorite Aveda color conditioners--which I stockpiled like 50 of--is long gone with no plans for return. Same with my favorite Pantene for red hair. I bought a ton on Ebay like some kind of a psycho. I cleaned my linen closet out last year and it was like half my living room floor with all these tubes.

Inkblot

Rough_Rock
Bonne Bell Dr.Pepper Lipsmackers lip balm
Oil of Olay Regenerist face serum
Rimmell Glam Eyes mascara (I've tried them all, Benefit, Clinique, Lancome, CoverGirl, etc.) and it's cheap and FABULOUS. It makes lashes so long and pretty.
Ulta Automatic Eye Liner in Moss

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results