shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on some princess cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lasdj

Rough_Rock
Hello, I wrote a while back for a princess cut and decided not to persue the Robbins Bros Echo Princess. I found these 4 princess cut but was not sure which one was the best. I want to a really nice and special diamond. I havent seen it yet so its totally based on specs. I dont have the price yet however here are the specs. Please let me know and thanks for you help.

Diamond #1
Square Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 5.69 x 5.45 x 4.01 mm
Carat Weight: 1.01
Color Grade: D
Clarity Grade: VS2
Proportions:
Depth: 73.6 %
Table: 70 %
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Additional clouds are not shown.

Diamond #2
Measurements: 6.14 x 5.88 x 4.25 mm
Carat Weight: 1.26
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: VS2
Proportions:
Depth: 72.3 %
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Finish:
Polish: Very Good

Diamond #3
Measurements: 5.85 x 5.61 x 3.98 mm
Color Grade: G
Clarity Grade: VS1
Proportions:
Depth: 70.9 %
Table: 71 %
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Finish:

Diamond #4
Measurements: 5.70 x 5.57 x 4.05 mm
Carat Weight: 1.03
Color Grade: H
Proportions:
Depth: 72.7 %
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Finish:
Symmetry: Excellent

Need ASET or at least an IS to judge fancy cuts.

If not available, then the only safe bet is to go with AGS0 cut graded princess.

^ditto, have you searched through this to look at AGS0 princess cuts....?

Can you get ASET and detailed photos for these? That way we can help further, can't tell much by the numbers. Are they with an online vendor or have you seen the diamonds in person?

No i havent seen it in person yet. My friend has a shop and he was telling me about the ones he has. Let me try to see if he as an ASET or an IS. Is there anything else that would help make the decision easier? What if I dont have the ASET or an IS?

Date: 12/2/2008 10:36:53 AM
Author: lasdj
No i havent seen it in person yet. My friend has a shop and he was telling me about the ones he has. Let me try to see if he as an ASET or an IS. Is there anything else that would help make the decision easier? What if I dont have the ASET or an IS?
You could buy an ASET scope if you like the idea and check the diamonds out that way in person. Follow that link and it will take you to a page which shows you how to interpret the results.

http://www.ideal-scope.com/cart_zoom_item.asp?Id=23&ShowAdd=Y

Alternatively, you could arrange to have the diamond of your choice sent to an independant appraiser, one who can evaluate cut quality. Or just examine each diamond as carefully as you can, preferably away from the store lights to make sure that you like the look of the stone in the lighting where it will normally be worn in.

Here is a list of appraisers. https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

Ok I finally got a chance to see the diamonds. It actually looks pretty good until they brought me this one. When I saw it I immediately fell in love with it. The price was $4800 and it looks so nice. I already paid for it but I wanted to know what are your thoughts about it. I will post pics once its done w/ the settings and all. Thanks everyone for your help.

Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report
Date of Issue: July 30, 2008
Measurements: 5.47 x 5.44 x 3.88 mm
Proportions:
Depth: 71.3 %
Table: 72 %
Girdle: Slightly Thick
Finish:

Comments: Surface graining is not shown.

Date: 12/16/2008 2:55:01 PM
Author: lasdj
Ok I finally got a chance to see the diamonds. It actually looks pretty good until they brought me this one. When I saw it I immediately fell in love with it. The price was $4800 and it looks so nice. I already paid for it but I wanted to know what are your thoughts about it. I will post pics once its done w/ the settings and all. Thanks everyone for your help.

Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report
Date of Issue: July 30, 2008
Measurements: 5.47 x 5.44 x 3.88 mm
Proportions:
Depth: 71.3 %
Table: 72 %
Girdle: Slightly Thick
Finish:

Comments: Surface graining is not shown.
It looks fine on paper but the main thing is you fell in love with it! If that is what happened, then it is the one - CONGRATS!!!!

Cool thank you. I was afriad that the Table was actually bigger than the Depth. But in person it looks real nice. I will post pics in about 5-6 weeks or if I get it sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP