shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Please on Round Brilliant Diamond With Bruted Girdle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Ditto! You can do a lot better in terms of cut. Never mind the bruted girdle issue. Return it and start again.

Date: 12/13/2008 11:07:39 PM
Author: msdracky
I don''t have much time to return it...about 1 week...just enough to get an idealscope to check out the possible light leakage...good suggestion, thanks!
I think you should level with the vendor.
Let him (her?) decide to offer a new stone, or return it and start all over. But still buy the ideal-scope from AGA because otherwise i will have to eat salmon roe instead of caviar

Date: 12/13/2008 9:28:47 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 12/13/2008 12:25:45 AM
Author: msdracky
Thanks for the info. That''s very interesting...the person who sold me the diamond told me that bruted diamonds...especially ones that get an excellent polish grade are very rare and he made it seem like a huge positive. He said it takes lots of skill and extra time for a cutter to do the bruting especially if they do a nice job with it. Does it sound like I got a big sales job put on me by this jeweler? I know very little about diamonds especially about bruted girdles. My research suggests that the bruting is at best neutral and at worst not very desirable in todays market. If my wife to be decided to upgrade this diamond down the line, would she have a hard time getting good value for it because of the bruted girdle? Do you think this is a bad investment because of the bruting? Does the bruted girdle have a negative impact on the way light reflects in the diamond or is it just an aesthetics things?
You had loads of good advice, but for the record and your dopey vendor - ALL round diamonds are bruted.
The decision to facet the girdle comes later.
It was once a laborious and time consuming task, but todayy there are automatic poliching machines that facet the girdle.
* snort* more coffee up the nose....
9.gif
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP