shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some extra eyes before I approve my ring from Whiteflash!

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I am about to approve my ring from Whiteflash (will post more details once I have it!) but I wanted to get some opinions first. There is something that is slightly bothering me, but I won't say it just yet so as not to bias anyone. What you you guys think, does anything look off? Please be brutally honest, I won't be upset!

Classic-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-14k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash.jpg

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
Really beautiful, but is the bottom prong off a tad?

Bingo :( Do you think this would be noticable or am I being overly picky? I am in Australia so I do not want any chance of not being full happy with it but I also don't want to be a complete psycho either.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
To me the prongs at 4 and 6 are off.

The prong at 6 is what I was concerned about, I guess it is pretty obvious? The one at 4, I think is ok, but if you are seeing something, I might need to think about letting them know it may not be quite right.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
I have a side profile photo as well, in case that shows anything also.

Classic-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-14k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_side.jpg

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
It does look ever so slightly bent to the left in this photo as well.

Yeah, I think I see it too :( I worry if they move the bottom prong a bit to the right then it will be too close to the 4 oclock one? Trying to figure out how much imperfection is to be expected when you are dealing with a real human, but also don't want to always be second guessing it.

Do you think it is something that can be adjusted easily or would they need to redo the whole thing? I feel guilty for even questioning it because WF have always been so kind and patient with me!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you talked to them about it? Don't feel guilty. Sometimes pictures play tricks. Ask them to examine it again.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Definitely ask for a thorough pre-shipment inspection...if there is an issue, then it's less hassle to catch it now than to have to ship it back and forth.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
Definitely ask for a thorough pre-shipment inspection...if there is an issue, then it's less hassle to catch it now than to have to ship it back and forth.

Just emailed them now, will see how it goes :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I agree with others, ask them to double check those two prongs. They should be evenly spaced. Once you have seen it, I’m afraid you’ll never un-see it. (Like a ding in a new car door!) Good luck!!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I’m not usually very discerning, but I did look carefully at your ring. First I noticed that the prong at 6o’clock looked a bit crooked ; then when others mentioned it, I looked again and could see that the prong at 4o’clock is not evenly spaced.
I hope they can be fixed with no fuss and bother. Good luck.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Yup, see if there needs to be a tweak to that prong.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely a couple prongs seem a little off. I am 100 percent sure they will fix it without any issues.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
@Slickk @RMOO @lala646 @Dreamer_D @DejaWiz @Garnetgirl @ItsMainelyYou @HS4S_2

Another thing I am wondering, I had requested that it be set as low as possible. Would you say this is low set or more of a higher set? Obvious it is always going to be higher than my previous ring but does it look a little bit high maybe?

New ring (1.04ct, size 5.25):

Classic-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-14k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_side.jpg

Old ring (0.71ct, size 5.25):

Classic-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-14k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash 0.718.jpg

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely a couple prongs seem a little off. I am 100 percent sure they will fix it without any issues.

+1

In the first pic I also noticed the 6:00 prong looked off enough to bug me.
If that prong was a clock's hour hand, it looks like the time would be 6:45.
I'd say that's "too late". :mrgreen:
Maybe plus or minus 5 minutes would be okay, but not 15 minutes. :bigsmile:
In this case, you are not being too picky IMO.

If my 20+ years of reading Pricescope has taught me anything, it's that Whiteflash is really really good at addressing customer concerns.

I have no idea whether the diamond's height is adjustable in a completed ring like that.

Which brings up a question for Whiteflash's @Texas Leaguer ...

500.png

Brian, does WF make each solitaire from scratch?
If not, do solitaires arrive with heads and shanks already attached?
Or do shanks and heads arrive separate, so WF's bench picks the desired head (for carat weight and desired diamond height) and attaches it to the shank?

And for each weight range is there also a range of head heights? ... or do all heads arrive at the same (tallest) height, and then your bench lowers each head to each customer's request?

Then, if a customer sees a concern in the finished ring in your pic before shipping, and wants diamond to be lowered, would you keep that shank but swap out only the head for a lower one, or remove the stone and lower that original head, or do you move the diamond to entirely different pre-made ring?

Of course, if the answer is proprietary to Whitefish's processes, I respect that and don't expect a detailed explanation.

Just curious, and I'd guess I'm not the only curious cat here on PS. :wavey:

Last edited:

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
+1

If my 20+ years of reading Pricescope has taught me anything, it's that Whiteflash is really really good at addressing customer concerns.

I have no idea whether the diamond's height is adjustable in a completed ring like that.

500.png

Or do shanks and heads arrive separate, so WF's bench picks the desired head (for carat weight and desired diamond height) and attaches it to the shank?

And for each weight range is there also a range of head heights? ... or do all heads arrive at the same (tallest) height, and then your bench lowers each head to each customer's request?

Then, if a customer sees a concern in the finished ring in your pic before shipping, and wants diamond to be lowered, would you keep that shank but swap out only the head for a lower one, or remove the stone and lower that original head, or do you move the diamond to entirely different pre-made ring?

Of course, if the answer is proprietary to Whitefish's processes, I respect that and don't expect a detailed explanation.

Thank you! At least I know I am not going crazy! I have emailed them and I am sure they will do everything they can to assist!

With the last one I had I did request before they made it that it be set as low as possible which they told me they could, and I was very happy how that one turned out. As it is the exact same setting design, I did this again this time and they put a note for it to be set as low as possible again. If they assure me that this as low as possible I will be happy with that, I definitly don't think it looks high set, just maybe a tiny bit higher than I expected.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opps! :oops:
Correction ...

I wrote, "
If that prong was a clock's hour hand, it looks like the time would be 6:45."

Instead of 6:45, I should written 6:15.
DUH Kenny! :doh::doh::doh:
2.png

Last edited:

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
Opps! :oops:
Correction ...

I wrote, "
If that prong was a clock's hour hand, it looks like the time would be 6:45."

Instead of 6:45, I should written 6:15.
DUH Kenny! :doh::doh::doh:
2.png

Haha don't worry I automatically read it as 6:15 for I knew exactly what you meant!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone! I am about to approve my ring from Whiteflash (will post more details once I have it!) but I wanted to get some opinions first. There is something that is slightly bothering me, but I won't say it just yet so as not to bias anyone. What you you guys think, does anything look off? Please be brutally honest, I won't be upset!

Classic-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-14k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash.jpg

From the photo it looks "off" to me. We need to have a look at that!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
+1

500.png

Kenny,
As you like to point out "people vary", and in answer to your question I will say "it depends" ;)2
In some casesthe order calls for a ring that is assembled from the manufacturer. In many, if not most cases, we will do the assembly.

Heads are generally left tall enough (by the manufacturer) to allow for a flexible process of notching and burnishing the prongs to fit the diamond's characteristics (for example girdle size). That flexibility usually includes being able to set it slighly lower or higher. Head sizes come in pretty small increments, but if the stone is in-between there may be limitations to what can be done in this respect.

Last edited:

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock

Thanks so much this really does highlight the issues!

From the photo it looks "off" to me. We need to have a look at that!

Thank you so much! I have just received some new images (please see below), however I stil have a couple of concerns which I have also forwared on to the team.

@Slickk @kenny @HS4S_2 @ @RMOO @lala646 @Dreamer_D @DejaWiz @Garnetgirl @ItsMainelyYou

I have just received some new photos from Whiteflash, the prong at 6 looks much better but the one at 4 still a bit off? Had I received this photo first I would not have questioned it at all but I guess now that I am looking at that prong more closely I am trying to figure out if it is enough on an issue?

Also is is just me or does the diamond look a bit slanted on the side profile photo? Its so hard to know if these are true issues or just an effect from the photos. Obviously it would be very hard to take a photo at the exact angle so maybe its just that but would love to hear what you guys think!

I have also asked WF to explain what changes were actually made, because they did not say whether they did need to change the prongs or if it was some kind of optical illusion with the original photo.

Classic-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-14k-White-Gold-from-Whiteflash_85411_88388_top.jpg Classic-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-14k-White-Gold-from-Whiteflash_85411_88388_ttr.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sugarcloud Honestly, and sorry to say that to my old eyes, that 4 o’clock prong is off too. If I zoom in it looks like there is a larger space between it and the band than the other side. I also see a difference in where the arrow on the stone faces. Personally, I’d ask about adjusting that one too. 6 o’clock looks better!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like the diamond is tilted in the head as well. The table looks tilted and to confirm, the gap between the pavilion side of the diamond and the prongs is larger on one side than the other.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like the diamond is tilted in the head as well. The table looks tilted and to confirm, the gap between the pavilion side of the diamond and the prongs is larger on one side than the other.

Yes! I see that too now! Good catch.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
@sugarcloud Honestly, and sorry to say that to my old eyes, that 4 o’clock prong is off too. If I zoom in it looks like there is a larger space between it and the band than the other side. I also see a difference in where the arrow on the stone faces. Personally, I’d ask about adjusting that one too. 6 o’clock looks better!

:( Yep it definitely seems like its still not right. Did I make a mistake in choosing this setting? The last one seemed fine but maybe I should have chosen something different for the larger diamond? It just seems so basic though, I'm not sure what the issue is.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock

I tried to do a similar thing with the new photo, I think it still enough of an issue to warrant them changing it?

prongs.png

side view.png

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results