shape
carat
color
clarity

Need suggestions for setting for unique diamond, please

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello, I returned the 2.71ct K SI1 heart cut diamond. While the coverage was fabulous, I just prefer stepcuts. Found a 1.59ct E VS2 modified hexagonal stepcut. I am still in the return window on this diamond and am all over the place on whether to keep it or not

. It most closely resembles a lozenge with two points sawed off. I accidentally dropped it so forgive the ick in the second picture. Using the diamond size comparison tool, coverage is the same as a 6.6 x 6.6mm diamond. The hexagon is 8.58 x 6.3 x 4.10. Diamond is picking up the color oof the fall leaves outside the window. Photo is in natural light.
I thought about a floating halo. Or I have seen semi-bezels where the north and south are bezeled and sides left open. Any thoughts or suggestions on design would be gratefully
IMG_3177.jpegIMG_3187.jpeg

I would set it east/west in some kind of bezel or flush set ring. But you don't say what kind of aesthetic that you like.

I would bezel it all around so as not to leave exposed girdle with no prongs or bezel. Just makes me nervous - ha! Are you thinking ring or pendant?

N-S. Thinking of like a navette with tiny stones at the ends and along the 4 diagonal sides.

My favorite ring for a shape along these lines would be the Erika Winters Agatha halo. I'm sure it or something like it could be made for your diamond if you like the look too. I would decide N/S versus E/W for whether it's a right-hand ring or an engagement ring.

1729130791854.png

1729130802481.png

Obviously it's a much smaller stone but here's a pretty E/W ring by Victor Canera:

1729131134660.png

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP