shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT New ering - BN beauty!!!

It looks great on your hand you lucky ducky!

Congrats!!! It''s so pretty!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful! It looks lovely on your hand!! Lucky you!

Beautiful! Congrats!

Now how is it you''ve managed to get your SO to give you THREE engagment rings when most women have trouble getting just one?
2.gif

OMG, thank you all so much for the nice words, you make giddy with excitement and joy all over again!

AprilBaby, thank you, and yes, he definitely is fabulous!
9.gif

D&T, thanks dear! I
30.gif
your semi bezel!
yssie, lol, I''m nothing if I''m not concerned about hubby''s well being! And if a new ring is what it takes for him to be happy, so be it!
3.gif

Lilac and oddoneout, thank you for your kind words ladies!
04diamond, I''m glad you like the arrows, I spent more time that I''m willinig to admit trying to capture them! lol
Laila, thank you, I''m really enjoying it!
vesper, thanks, I like my old ring too, that''s why I decided to keep it. RBs just have something about them though, haven''t they? Yours is beautiful, good luck with your future reset, you''ll love the 6 prong! I know I do
9.gif

dreamer, haha I definitely am a lucky ducky!
3.gif

princessplease and Luckyeshe, thank you girls, you''re too kind!
4ever, thanks! lol, I guess I can be persuasive at times (or a real PITA is another way to put it)
17.gif
41.gif

Adi, that''s a pretty stone and the ring looks gorgeous on your hand. Honey, if you can do it, get one in every shape! LOL! Go for the gusto!

Nah, seriously, I think it''s beautiful. It looks like a just right size for your hand.

Date: 11/22/2009 9:46:18 AM
Author: gemgirl
Adi, that's a pretty stone and the ring looks gorgeous on your hand. Honey, if you can do it, get one in every shape! LOL! Go for the gusto!

Nah, seriously, I think it's beautiful. It looks like a just right size for your hand.
Hahaha, that was the plan from the very beginning! (insert evil laughter) Just don't tell hubby!

lol, in all seriousness, I think I'm done diamond shopping for a while, at least until our new home is finished! So I'm just going to enjoy this one, I really like the size too, it's perfect for me!

Thanks gemgirl!
35.gif

Oh, it's beautiful!! So perfect!

We are actually planning to order the same ring from Blue Nile UK, in the 4-prong version. Is there any way you could post a profile shot so I can see how high the prongs are? Oh, and how was your experience with BN?

Very pretty!
36.gif

Thank you Tuckins!
1.gif

LilyKat
, darn, I just wrote a whole novel replying to you and it got eaten! lol

So, I don't have a full profile shot but I hope these are helpful too. The prongs are not as high as I expected them to be so don't get caught on clothes that much.

I'm pretty happy with BN customer service. You just have to remember that their diamond consultants are not the ones you'd find at WF or GOG for example, and you can't be disappointed. They obviously can't offer the same level of expertise or experience, but the lady I worked with was quick in replying my endless emails, patiently requested numerous visual reports to confirm eye-cleanliness for me (and at least the report on my diamond was spot on) and was helpful all in all. It took them exactly 7 days from the moment I placed the order till the finished ring was shipped, shipping to Bulgaria was free and I got the ring on the next day (well, technically hubby did, as he wanted to be the one to give the ring to me
4.gif
).

As long as you know exactly what you're looking for and you don't expect expert advice from their consultants, you should be totally fine with Blue Nile!

bn12312321.JPG

Thank you so much AdiS! That''s really helpful - definitely reassuring to know Blue Nile are reliable. I don''t know anyone else who''s ordered from the UK site although have heard good reviews about them online.

Your ring is just stunning! You must be thrilled
30.gif
Thank you again.

Date: 11/23/2009 3:22:36 PM
Author: LilyKat
Thank you so much AdiS! That''s really helpful - definitely reassuring to know Blue Nile are reliable. I don''t know anyone else who''s ordered from the UK site although have heard good reviews about them online.

Your ring is just stunning! You must be thrilled
30.gif
Thank you again.
You''re welcome LilyKat, glad I could help! Good luck with your ring shopping!
1.gif

Lucky girl!!! Your hubby sounds like a dear!
1.gif
Your new ring is very pretty!

Date: 11/24/2009 10:32:57 AM
Author: joflier
Lucky girl!!! Your hubby sounds like a dear!
1.gif
Your new ring is very pretty!
Thank you, joflier, he sure is a dear!
5.gif

Beautiful ring!!! It looks perfect on you!!
36.gif
30.gif

CONGRATS what a lovely ring... love the 6 prong setting for RBS too... a bit of a sweet spot for me too!

perfection!

chiquitapet, thanks, I love your upgrade! My ring wants to look just like yours when it grows up!
9.gif

Thank you, tlh and motownmama, you ladies are too kind!

SO SO pretty! I just LOVE that solitaire setting from BN. I know it''s pretty standard, but something about it jumps out at me and screams perfection.
30.gif
Your diamond is stunning too! Can I request a group shot of all three rings?
31.gif

Date: 11/25/2009 12:29:10 PM
Author: Kelli
SO SO pretty! I just LOVE that solitaire setting from BN. I know it''s pretty standard, but something about it jumps out at me and screams perfection.
30.gif
Your diamond is stunning too! Can I request a group shot of all three rings?
31.gif
Aw, thank you, Kelli for your sweet words!

Any excuse to play with my sparklies some more is fine by me! lol I''ll get my camera out this weekend and take some group shots, promise! Come to think about it, my cushion has its own thread but I don''t think I ever posted my original ering on PS. I will have to remedy this neglect!

Hopefully the sun will finally be out too, so I can try for some fire shots as well. I still haven''t seen my new diamond in real sunlight, I feel robbed!
39.gif

It is gorgeous! I just love a beautiful diamond in a solitaire setting
30.gif

I
30.gif
your new ring!! Repeat after me...there are never too many pics...
2.gif

Thank you, Diamond*Dana! I''m still over the moon and absolutely amazed at how much an ideal cut RB actually sparkles!

Marian dear, don''t you dare to take your words back when I come back here on Saturday with a dozen more pics! lol

Ok, as promised, a group shot of my erings for Kelli!
1.gif

Left is the latest addition, 0.77ct RB, H, SI1
Middle is my 1.02 L, SI2 cushion
Right is my original ering. I just love this little guy. I have no idea of specs, I''m not even sure what the center stone is. I think it''s an emerald, but could also be a green tourmaline for all I know. I have never bothered to get an appraisal.

I remember seeing it in a little store''s window, I said "Oh, I love it!" and DH, then BF, went back and bought it without telling me. He proposed with it a few days later.
4.gif

group125.JPG

My new ering with the 5 stone band:

ering8754.JPG

I love your new ering - it is so pretty! It really looks wonderful on you - enjoy every minute of it!!

Ering with plain 5 mm WG band:

ering875.JPG

With both diamond and plain band.

haha, I just noticed you can see my reflection with the camera in the band!

ering785.JPG

Yesterday morning there was a bit of sunshine for the first time in days. I managed to snap two quick shots before leaving for work (while DH was actually waiting for me to leave for work, as we travel together. lol I couln''t explain the importance of fire shots to him.
9.gif
)

ering8741.JPG

ering78541.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results