Flouro: faint
Medium faceted
No cutlet
Table %: 55.00
Depth %: 61.20
Crown angle: 34.50
Pavilion angle: 40.8
HCA: 1.2

At first I was really, really hesitant to go out on a limb and purchase a SI2 without first looking at the diamond with my own eyes to see if it was both visually and "mind clean" enough for my personal taste. But after emailing and talking to Sarah and Charles from GOG, they stated that they could see the inclusion under a loupe, which is normal for a SI diamond; however, they reassured me it was definitely eye clean from the top and side, but also stated while holding it a few inches from their eye, the inclusion was VERY hard to see. The location of the inclusion is hidden nicely in the facet structure and the stone sparkles so much that it hides it as well.

After several weeks, the GOG's Petite Tiffany Novo Replica setting arrived beyond my expectations! It's a size 5.30 with a delicate head (per my request) with a shank width of about 1.6 mm with 20 (10 per side) G VS1 Ideal pave RB diamonds. The pictures don't do the ring justice because if I used the flash the photo would just be washed out.

Thank you to PS and the entire staff at GOG for their assistance in making this happen. Now onto planning the proposal!

plant top.JPG

stone top.JPG

rug side.JPG

dirt top.JPG

Congratulations! It is absolutely beautiful! :appl:

Dang, that is a nice looking ring! Do you happen to have the link for that setting? Thanks!

Redundant, hopefully you already know but GOG has endless amounts of valuable information on their website about diamonds and they also have links to their videos for those like me who are visual learners, lol..... Search under "setting search" on their home page and select "Good Old Gold Rings." The style number is GOG #1003 Petite and here is their video http://www.vimeo.com/17906061 which has a august vintage cushion displayed. The ring I ordered was for a round brilliant diamond. You can order the setting in white gold or platinum and I decided on platinum. Happy shopping!

Very pretty ring and diamond. Congratulations.

firemouse0747|1301889217|2887191 said:
Redundant, hopefully you already know but GOG has endless amounts of valuable information on their website about diamonds and they also have links to their videos for those like me who are visual learners, lol..... Search under "setting search" on their home page and select "Good Old Gold Rings." The style number is GOG #1003 Petite and here is their video http://www.vimeo.com/17906061 which has a august vintage cushion displayed. The ring I ordered was for a round brilliant diamond. You can order the setting in white gold or platinum and I decided on platinum. Happy shopping!

Thanks for the link! I have already purchased the ring already but it still doesn't stop me from looking at alternative settings in case the girlfriend does not like the one I picked out ;-). I love GOGs site, you are right in that it is a wealth of information, but one that that I would change is their setting search. As it stands it is very difficult to find ANY information regarding their GOG settings, which is a shame because your model and #REGM38 (which looks exactly like the whiteflash legato micropave) http://goodoldgold.com/images/classicjewelry/GOG-55/pic2.jpg look like winners.

If you do not mind, may I inquire the cost of that setting? I would PM you but it appears this forum does not support such a feature :((

I know I have stumbled across actual photos of the petite setting somewhere in their website but like you said, a little website updating would go a long way. I found the video link by just going through alot of their very informative videos and I immediately knew that was the "one." Luckily, the girlfriend gave me three main criteria: 1) A round diamond with a pave setting for the bling/sparkle factor 2) Around 1 carat 3) White gold or platinum ring.

When we went window shopping she feel in love with the real Tiffany Novo ring because of the thin shank with little diamonds and the elegant looking head that sets off the diamond. Luckily for me, she wanted a RB diamond and the Tiffany Novo ring only comes in a cushion. Thank goodness because their 1 carats start around $12,000 (entire setting).

When I purchased my setting a 1.5 months ago, platinum cost around $1950 for the ring and white gold would have been around $1500.
A diamond wedding band will hopefully be around the same price that I paid for the ring?? So basically, I bought a great stone and setting I wanted and I'll still be able to buy the wedding band for way less than I would have paid at Tiffany's (I'm not knocking them, but money doesnt come easy these days).

Redundant, what are the specs of your stone? I am sure you wont be disappointed....

Gorgeous! Job well done!

Gorgeous and classic! :appl:

So beautiful! Great choice! :appl:

Gorgeous! She is going to love it.
You done good. ;))

Beautiful, congrats!!

firemouse0747|1301892835|2887216 said:
I know I have stumbled across actual photos of the petite setting somewhere in their website but like you said, a little website updating would go a long way. I found the video link by just going through alot of their very informative videos and I immediately knew that was the "one." Luckily, the girlfriend gave me three main criteria: 1) A round diamond with a pave setting for the bling/sparkle factor 2) Around 1 carat 3) White gold or platinum ring.

When we went window shopping she feel in love with the real Tiffany Novo ring because of the thin shank with little diamonds and the elegant looking head that sets off the diamond. Luckily for me, she wanted a RB diamond and the Tiffany Novo ring only comes in a cushion. Thank goodness because their 1 carats start around $12,000 (entire setting).

When I purchased my setting a 1.5 months ago, platinum cost around $1950 for the ring and white gold would have been around $1500.
A diamond wedding band will hopefully be around the same price that I paid for the ring?? So basically, I bought a great stone and setting I wanted and I'll still be able to buy the wedding band for way less than I would have paid at Tiffany's (I'm not knocking them, but money doesnt come easy these days).

Redundant, what are the specs of your stone? I am sure you wont be disappointed....

Heya mouse, our stones are actually very similar. I got a 1.14 G VS1 JA Trueheart. I went with the Gabriel & Co novo inspired setting, but each time I see how high the stone sits I start to wonder whether or not the girlfriend will like it :errrr: . I didn't see any other viable alternatives as other rings had shanks that were simply too thick. If I would have seen your setting on GOGs website I probably would have went that way instead =]. Anyhow, good job with the ring, I am sure your future fiancée will love it!

Wow! That is beautiful. I really, really love the setting. :love:

Beauuuuuutiful! I can't believe that's an Si2! I love the setting! She will be thrilled! :twirl:

Hugs,
MDS

gorgeous, I love the setting.

Lovely ring! I love a nice eye-clean SI2!

You did good as it is beautiful, Congratulations, I'm sure she will love it!

Beautiful!! Love that setting! You did great! :appl:

Love it! The setting shows the diamond so well.

This is one of my fave's right now. The setting is so delicate and beautiful- I love the prongs. But your stone is stunning too! What a great catch!! Congrats! :appl:

just perfect!

Redundant,

Did you receive your e-ring? Hopefully it's what you imagined? Do you have any picts to post?

Sorry I missed this earlier! It is gorgeous! :love: GOG has a really nice Novo setting!

Firemouse-- this is an absolutely gorgeous ring! If I may ask, what makes this a "petite head?" I have always loved the Novo setting but also don't plan to purchase from Tiffanys. (And I also have tiny hands). Will the wedding ring sit flush with the band? Job well done!

Really lovely stone but the setting is the real knock out. It perfectly showcases that stone! Great job!

Gypsy|1327138672|3108117 said:
Really lovely stone but the setting is the real knock out. It perfectly showcases that stone! Great job!

Yes that setting is TDF :)

AllieKat71,

Thanks for the message and compliments! I proposed to my wife about a year ago and the ring still looks great and she always gets compliments from family and random people. Kinda funny, we looked at wedding bands at Tiffany's and they really complimented the ring and setting. I personally feel that I bought a better center stone and the setting my wife liked for almost half the price of Tiffany's.

I'm by no means a jewelry expert, but I believe a "petite head" means they use less metal at the prongs so you can see the center stone (diamond) better, which also makes the diamond appear larger. Her ring is a size 5.75 and it being so small, that stone really "pops" when you look at it! Thanks to Gold Old Gold for helping select the great stone and custom ring. I would have no hesitations of buying from them again and we were just as pleased with them custom making her wedding band with 20 H&A, F-G color stones set in platinum.

As far as wedding bands we had a couple choices since it was being custom made. The first option was custom making the wedding band have a center curve so it would sit completely flush against the engagement band and under the center stone so there was no room in between the bands. The second option was to make the wedding band smaller so it sat close to the engagement ring but there would still be a noticeable gap like a traditional setting. This is the type of band my wife liked better and it looks great together. If you wanted to, you could also solder (weld) the two rings together so the gap wouldnt be as noticeable and both rings would be "one."

I'm kinda glad we picked the regular wedding band look because with all the little diamonds in the wedding band, she could just wear that when we travel since there's enough bling- I dont like drawing the extra attention!

I included two pict's that were taken with the ER & WB. The 1st picture is on my pinkie finger and the spacing between the two rings is not that big, I didnt want to have it stuck if I pushed it up further. The 2nd picture is more realistic of the spacing and the two rings together.

10.JPG

11.JPG

Perfection!!!! :appl:

Thanks so much! Very helpful. Both rings look great!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results