shape
carat
color
clarity

Opening Ceremonies......I'm Crying

No, it doesn't work like that. No religion or politics are allowed (in in their own rules, look it up) yet they mocked The Last Supper and now deny it. Some of the art directors even said they took inspiration from Da Vinci's Last Supper and also the whole thing they did was called ‘La Cène sur la scène sur la Seine’ - which for those who don't speak French, translates as 'The Last Supper on the stage on the River Seine'. Then after the huge backlash they started denying it and took down all the videos.
It is blatant mockery of the faith of billions of people, faith that built the west civilization including that of France, and it's not ok. It's not THIER ceremony, it's the freakin' Olympics, they are just hosts this time.
Wanna keep religion out, good, keep it out 'cause people can see through the BS.
A brazilian athlete had the image of a statue of Christ the Redeemer (symbol of Rio de Janeiro) on his surfboard and he was made to remove it or he was gonna be kicked out of the competition, why the double standards?

They effed up, just apologise, for real this time.

I read that Olympic organizers did not use that title - certain publications did. At this point it’s impossible to figure out reliable sources because so many articles have come out with various viewpoints - many of them NOT subjective. But Jolly has denied the claims that DaVinci’s painting was the inspo. On TV it was cropped as well as in the photographs bc when you see a distant view, it’s more than 12 people in the scene for example. Also keep in mind that da Vinci‘s painting is also an interpretation. It isn’t as if the disciples and Jesus sat for the painting lol

I read that Olympic organizers did not use that title - certain publications did. At this point it’s impossible to figure out reliable sources because so many articles have come out with various viewpoints - many of them NOT subjective. But Jolly has denied the claims that DaVinci’s painting was the inspo. On TV it was cropped as well as in the photographs bc when you see a distant view, it’s more than 12 people in the scene for example. Also keep in mind that da Vinci‘s painting is also an interpretation. It isn’t as if the disciples and Jesus sat for the painting lol
True: being more than 12 people.
But nah, they knew what they were doing :roll2: that's why they scrubbed if off the internet.
Googled the name plus Last supper, this comes up:

Of course the original painting is an interpretation and it's beautiful! It brings homage, not mockery.
It's expensive to host the Olympics and with the mounting environmental challenges that have plagued the games since Beijing in 2008, I've been thinking that we may be getting close to the end of this tradition or it may have to change drastically in order to continue. The media has reported athletes' displeasure with the housing arrangements (uncomfortable cardboard beds) and the food both of which some speculate are affecting their performance.

@Gloria27, the artistic portion of the games are not subject to the rules that govern the actual games.

You just posted the wrong links, try THIS

The rules state:

Attachments

• 1722360649128.png
    1722360649128.png
    44 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

The rules state:
In the links I posted, it speaks to the opening and closing ceremonies as being the artistic portion of the event for which creative license is granted to the host.

The link you posted states that rule 50.2 applies only to athletes and other participants that are clearly defined. Here's the full text:

True: being more than 12 people.
But nah, they knew what they were doing :roll2: that's why they scrubbed if off the internet.
Googled the name plus Last supper, this comes up:

Of course the original painting is an interpretation and it's beautiful! It brings homage, not mockery.

The rules state:

Nobody freaked out when the Simpsons did it or the Sopranos. Idk for me it’s much ado about nothing. I enjoyed it.

In the links I posted, it speaks to the opening and closing ceremonies as being the artistic portion of the event for which creative license is granted to the host.

The link you posted states that rule 50.2 applies only to athletes and other participants that are clearly defined. Here's the full text:

Nobody freaked out when the Simpsons did it or the Sopranos. Idk for me it’s much ado about nothing. I enjoyed it.

I'm all for freedom of speech and expression especially in art, commedy and stuff, so it's not that it's illegal to make fun of something/someone but it can be gross, and it's putting people off. This was not a recreation, a hint at, it was an inversion, a mockery.

Also a guy had his nuts out (possible wardrobe malfunction, who knows), like WTF?

Just compare to the old ceremonies and you'll see this one is like the Hunger games by comparison.

Anyways, enjoy the games everyone!

Just compare to the old ceremonies and you'll see this one is like the Hunger games by comparison.

This is why I don't watch the Olympics anymore. It's not about an athlete's natural peak performance; it's all about breeding better faster stronger and using artificial means to get them there.

Agree. Honestly, my feelings are always that if something bothers you, don't watch it. I don't watch things that bother me, or disturb me for some reason. Everyone is free to turn off their TV,

HI:

I'm thoroughly enjoying the events!!!

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:
Good gawd that thing is almost as long as his other pole....

There are hilarious double entendres to be made. He faced stiff competition, he really got the shaft, it was the battle of the bulge - the possibilities are endless! Despite his loss I doubt he will be sleeping alone in his cardboard bed :lol::lol::lol: tonight.

There are hilarious double entendres to be made. He faced stiff competition, he really got the shaft, it was the battle of the bulge - the possibilities are endless! Despite his loss I doubt he will be sleeping alone in his cardboard bed :lol::lol::lol: tonight.

:lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

HI:

Picture of diver Jules Bouyer is worth a 1000 words.

cheers--Sharon

I really love good photography!!!!!:kiss2:

Lots of astonishing pics from the Olympics here ...

surf 1.jpg

IMO this is the best sports picture ever taken.
The unique shape of the ocean floor there in Tahiti goes from very deep to shallow in a short distance, resulting in massive, but deadly, waves.
AND just a few feet below the surfer is a razor-sharp coral reef that they much pass over, but not wipe out into.
At the end of the wave the surfer must exit the wave safely.
The wave's massive power launched this surfer into the air, and miraculously his board too ... in synchronization! :eek2:
Oh and he happened to be pointing to the sky as he scored the all time highest score in Olympic surfing.

If ever a photo looked fake via Photoshop, this is it.
But the photographer was just at the right place at the right time, and I'm sure had that camera was set to take maximum pics per second.
The photographer didn't know how iconic this pic was until playing them all back.

And IMO this is the best pic of zillions of Simone Biles ...

Biles 2.jpg

HI:

Anyone watching the closing ceremonies??? Will we see Tom Cruise??:sun:

cheers--Sharon

HI:

Anyone watching the closing ceremonies??? Will we see Tom Cruise??:sun:

cheers--Sharon

We're watching!

I'm trying to keep my spirits up. I always feel rather bereft when the Olympics are over. This time in particular, because we signed up for Peacock for the month in order to watch more, I've been binging it.

I guess I need to get a life now! :lol:

We're watching!

I'm trying to keep my spirits up. I always feel rather bereft when the Olympics are over. This time in particular, because we signed up for Peacock for the month in order to watch more, I've been binging it.

I guess I need to get a life now! :lol:

Oh we are in the same kayak/sailboat LOL. I am a summer Olympics gal: did track (hurdles) , swimming, diving, gymnatics....so I think I am there competing! I've been screaming a lot here in my house...perhaps the neighbors were worried???

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results