shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this diamond

Klee_Bee

Rough_Rock
Hi! Can i have your opinion on this stone? I also attached the photos with proportions and images of the diamond. Thank you!

IMG_1600.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1599.jpeg
    IMG_1599.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1598.jpeg
    IMG_1598.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1597.jpeg
    IMG_1597.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 14
Hi! Can i have your opinion on this stone? I also attached the photos with proportions and images of the diamond. Thank you!

IMG_1600.jpeg
Can anyone help me? ☺️

None? ☹️

I don't dislike it, but it's not my favorite either for some reason.

Any chance you have a video? How much are they asking?

Overall the proportions are within desired limits, but I'm wondering about what's going on under the table and the edge-to-edge brightness.

Any chance you have a video? How much are they asking?

Overall the proportions are within desired limits, but I'm wondering about what's going on under the table and the edge-to-edge brightness.

I don’t know why but i can’t attach videos… i’ll try from the pc later
This stone costs 4.500 usd and it’s a hpht lgd

I think you can do better if you wait and keep on looking as lab diamonds have quick turnaround times on the market. No need to rush into buying a diamond that you're not completely satisfied and enamored with.

Just my personal preference, I prefer a taller crown height and a smaller table percentage, and the crown angle to be closer to 34.5.

What size, color and clarity?

I think you can do better if you wait and keep on looking as lab diamonds have quick turnaround times on the market. No need to rush into buying a diamond that you're not completely satisfied and enamored with.

Just my personal preference, I prefer a taller crown height and a smaller table percentage, and the crown angle to be closer to 34.5.

Thanks, thank you! :))

it looks beautiful wow

That costs way too much for that size. Even a custom cut from JannPaul costs less.

Maybe it costs so much because it’s an hpht instead of cvd?

JannPaul cuts plenty of HPHT. There are plenty of unbranded HPHT H&A in that size for under 1k.

For example

JannPaul cuts plenty of HPHT. There are plenty of unbranded HPHT H&A in that size for under 1k.

For example

Thank you so much, you have opened a world to me! Jann Paul creates beautiful rings, I think I'll trust him. Unfortunately, the stone I showed you was purchased years ago, but I wasn't well informed at the time and I made a wrong purchase. I didn't tell you because I didn't want to influence your opinion, but thank you so much for the advice on JP!

Lab diamond prices have dropped a lot over the past few years. The cut on the one you purchased looks fine, and it’s not really fair to compare current pricing to what was bought a few years ago. JannPaul may not even have offered the current options back then.

Thanks, this comforts me! I purchased the stone half an year ago if i remember, but as you said is nosense think of it at this time.
Now, on inquiring, I read that JP replies to emails with difficulty, having many clients, and that it would be better to have a telephone appointment. Since I don't speak English well, do you think it's possible to discuss about a possible ring by email or whatsapp? Do you have any experience in this regard?

I have only corresponded with JP through email. It may take them a few days to respond but I have always received a response.

I have only corresponded with JP through email. It may take them a few days to respond but I have always received a response.

Thank you! <3

Here’s how to get in touch with JP on WhatsApp. Go to the post from @Shiyui yesterday.

I have a band from them, and I love it! They are wonderful!

Thank you very much! <3

1.57 ct, D-Vvs2

$4500 is extremely high for a 1.57 D VVS2 today, in my opinion...even for the best quality HPHT material from a high quality grower and then cut by someone extremely skilled.

I can tell by the screenshots that this is JA doing JA LGD pricing. They used to be a go-to LGD seller around here a few years ago, but they haven't seemed to adjust their LGD pricing to remain competitive lately, in my opinion.

My hot take: you can do so much better for the same money or save a bundle to get the same carat, color, and clarity from other trusted sellers.

$4500 is extremely high for a 1.57 D VVS2 today, in my opinion...even for the best quality HPHT material from a high quality grower and then cut by someone extremely skilled.

I can tell by the screenshots that this is JA doing JA LGD pricing. They used to be a go-to LGD seller around here a few years ago, but they haven't seemed to adjust their LGD pricing to remain competitive lately, in my opinion.

My hot take: you can do so much better for the same money or save a bundle to get the same carat, color, and clarity from other trusted sellers.

Thank you for your advice! Do you recommend Jann Paule and Whiteflash? Unfortunately i cannot buy loose diamond because I don't have a trusted jeweler in my city where I could have the stone mounted

Thank you for your advice! Do you recommend Jann Paule and Whiteflash? Unfortunately i cannot buy loose diamond because I don't have a trusted jeweler in my city where I could have the stone mounted

Yes: JannPaul, Whiteflash, Brian Gavin, Victor Canera, Distinctive Gem, Diamonds by Lauren, Continental Diamond...all extremely well regarded jewelers with great bench work quality.

Another option to consider: If there is a setting at James Allen that really stands out to you, then they will set a customer provided diamond for a nominal setting fee.

Yes: JannPaul, Whiteflash, Brian Gavin, Victor Canera, Distinctive Gem, Diamonds by Lauren, Continental Diamond...all extremely well regarded jewelers with great bench work quality.

Another option to consider: If there is a setting at James Allen that really stands out to you, then they will set a customer provided diamond for a nominal setting fee.

Thank you very much! At the moment I'm still trying to learn and inform myself, but when I'm about to make my purchase I will ask for your precious help again! <3 thank all of you

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP