shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this diamond

Can I ask your help again? What are the best proportions in your opinion? Reading on the forum, I had an idea and thought it might be these. What is your opinion? I ask you because, if I understand correctly, you can ask Jann Paul to cut a stone with the required proportions and I would like to be sure what to ask. Thanks!IMG_1774.jpeg

Can I ask your help again? What are the best proportions in your opinion? Reading on the forum, I had an idea and thought it might be these. What is your opinion? I ask you because, if I understand correctly, you can ask Jann Paul to cut a stone with the required proportions and I would like to be sure what to ask. Thanks!IMG_1774.jpeg

If you are going to do business with a true super ideal cut seller such as JP, then there's no need to specify proportions because they will already be cutting for maximized light return and optical performance. :)

If you are going to do business with a true super ideal cut seller such as JP, then there's no need to specify proportions because they will already be cutting for maximized light return and optical performance. :)

Thanks! :D If instead I were to turn to WF, would these proportions be fine?

I havent heard of WF cutting lab grown diamonds for clients. Anyhow, these numbers would fall into the acceptable range.
We would actually need to see the images of the stone to see how tight its cut. WF Percision cut labs are H&As and without images we
dont know about this stone.

Here are the ACA numbers...You can call WF and speak with them about their Percision cut lab stones "numbers".

I havent heard of WF cutting lab grown diamonds for clients. Anyhow, these numbers would fall into the acceptable range.
We would actually need to see the images of the stone to see how tight its cut. WF Percision cut labs are H&As and without images we
dont know about this stone.

Here are the ACA numbers...You can call WF and speak with them about their Percision cut lab stones "numbers".

Thank you! I expressed myself badly. I didn't mean to ask WF to cut a stone specifically, I just wanted to know what the most "perfect" proportions were so I could look for a stone with those proportions (in case I had to contact them)

Within the small differences in proportions within the branded lines, I think what’s “perfect” is more a matter of personal taste.

Within the small differences in proportions within the branded lines, I think what’s “perfect” is more a matter of personal taste.

Thanks! I thought there were proportions that guarantee greater light return

IMO the proportions and cut precision offered by reputable branded lines for H&A rounds are narrow enough that most people are unlikely to be able to tell them apart for stones of similar size and color.

IMO the proportions and cut precision offered by reputable branded lines for H&A rounds are narrow enough that most people are unlikely to be able to tell them apart for stones of similar size and color.

ok thank you! :))

Thanks! I thought there were proportions that guarantee greater light return

No, not exactly. The issue is that there is rounding and so you can't know *exact* numbers without a specific report (I think sarin gives them,but I might be misremembering). So you need a combination of proportions that generally work AND precision cutting AND someone with an experienced eye to vet potential stones. That's why folks often choose the easy path and go with whiteflash, Brian gavin, Victor canera, etc. Vendors who have each stone In house and have pre-vetted them.

No, not exactly. The issue is that there is rounding and so you can't know *exact* numbers without a specific report (I think sarin gives them,but I might be misremembering). So you need a combination of proportions that generally work AND precision cutting AND someone with an experienced eye to vet potential stones. That's why folks often choose the easy path and go with whiteflash, Brian gavin, Victor canera, etc. Vendors who have each stone In house and have pre-vetted them.

Ok thanks for your explanation!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP