shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 6:09:38 PM
Author: 3cd4her
Thoughts on clarity? It seems somewhat hard to tell at magnification so I would think it is pretty eye clean.
only someone at WF looking at the diamond can tell you how eyeclean it is.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 2:45:13 AM
Author: JulieN
Date: 2/5/2009 1:49:45 AM

The diamond was listed by several vendors on the PS diamond search. I had been working w/ WF, but found that JA supplied a little more information on their site for this particular diamond(which was the reason for that link).

So you had WF call it in, they took pictures for you, and now you''re working on the same stone with JA?
The stone was from JA''s partner a wholesaler in NY which is why it was listed at JA with a picture.
WF called the stone in from the wholesaler for the OP and is now offering it.

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks strmrdr. So the painting would explain the darkness of the arrows in the asset scope and would affect the diamond by giving it a slightly darker appearance? But since it''s minimal it would be difficult to differentiate?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 3:10:03 AM
Wow, thanks strmrdr. So the painting would explain the darkness of the arrows in the asset scope and would affect the diamond by giving it a slightly darker appearance? But since it's minimal it would be difficult to differentiate?
no,
The black arrows in ASET is a problem with WF aset set up,,, dont worry about it they are blue.

The red arrows point to areas with minor painting, the blue to no painting.
The stone is also tilted which caused some of the difference but not all.
It is not enough to worry about and wont be eye visible.

IS_AGS8659506(2)1.jpg

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
This forum is amazing. Thank you soo much. Nice diagram, you can''t beat that!

3cd4her

Rough_Rock

I''m having it appraised so I''m curious about how that turns out.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 3:36:14 AM

I''m having it appraised so I''m curious about how that turns out.
Your welcome, pretty sure the appraisal will be fine.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 2:57:17 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 2/5/2009 2:50:40 AM
No I''m working with WF. I have heard and know I''ve read briefly about painting, but what should I be aware of with this? Is it still a good diamond?
33.gif
not enough painting to worry about and I''m one of the ones that dislikes painting.
Ditto and ditto asking the vendor whether it is eyeclean or not.

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
So the appraisal turned out well and it sure does look amazing in person. I am very pleased with it and as I was hoping it does in fact have hearts and arrows and was appraised as such. It''s probably not a true hearts and arrows but to me it''s just fine, because I got em. Also, all the inclusions are VS2 inclusions so it was just the amount of them that brought clarity to an SI1. Pretty amazing.

One curious question is that there was a variation between the Sarin report provided by the vendor and the Megascope measurements of the girdle at the appraisal. The Sarin reports were 1.4-1.8 while the Megascope was 1.4-3.4. Other than that both machines provided fairly similar numbers and comparable to the cert. Is it possible that one of the machines is slightly off calibration?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 8:18:50 PM
So the appraisal turned out well and it sure does look amazing in person. I am very pleased with it and as I was hoping it does in fact have hearts and arrows and was appraised as such. It''s probably not a true hearts and arrows but to me it''s just fine, because I got em. Also, all the inclusions are VS2 inclusions so it was just the amount of them that brought clarity to an SI1. Pretty amazing.

One curious question is that there was a variation between the Sarin report provided by the vendor and the Megascope measurements of the girdle at the appraisal. The Sarin reports were 1.4-1.8 while the Megascope was 1.4-3.4. Other than that both machines provided fairly similar numbers and comparable to the cert. Is it possible that one of the machines is slightly off calibration?
Measured different ways... 1.4-3.4 is 1.4 at the thinnest(valley) and 3.4 at the thickest point.
1.4-1.8 is 1.4 thinnest valley, 1.8 thickest valley.
So in the 2 measurement sets: 1.4 = 1.4 so they agree.

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
Any problems with that slightly thicker point that the appraiser caught? He told me it''s just fine and it just allowed me to get such a great deal on such a great diamond.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2009 8:28:47 AM
Any problems with that slightly thicker point that the appraiser caught? He told me it''s just fine and it just allowed me to get such a great deal on such a great diamond.
It sounds fine to me.

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
So the big question. Is this diamond worthy of my hard earned, long saved cash? I was looking for something above 2ct with a top cut. The diamond alone appraised close to 20k and I''m paying just over 18k for it. It looked and performed amazing in all tests. It also appraised with hearts and arrows and I was told all the inclusions were of VS size and it was closer to a G in color than I. Thoughts?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a really nice stone. The price seems fair.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 1:54:27 AM
I agree

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 8:28:47 AM
yes it is normal, the girdle looks like this: 1.4 is the thinnest point and 1.8 the thickest in the area the red arrows point to.

3.4 is the thickest area the blue arrow points to.

DiamGirdle.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 4:36:05 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 2/10/2009 1:54:27 AM

I agree
me3

3cd4her

Rough_Rock
So I purchased this diamond the other day and I''m having a custom setting made, everything through WF. Thank you all so much, especially strmrdr, Lorelei, JulieN. You guys were of much help and helped make my decision with little remorse and no questions left to answer, and along with David Wolf I now know everything I could ever want to know about this rock!

My design should be done by end of next week so I''ll be posting some more threads on the CAD and final product.

Thanks Again! I''m soo excited, but most excited for the reaction once it''s in the right hands!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results