shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this - good value or can I do better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Date: 12/9/2008 11:32:44 AM
Author: Lorelei

If you mean the white areas on the ACA IS, that is from '' controlled leakage'' which can add to desirable visual properties of the diamond. I agree with Ellen, ask for Brian to have a look at each diamond to help you choose.
I''m not particularly concerned with the white areas. My question is more about the overall color of the IS images. The J is a darker red, while the I is a lighter pink. Does this impact the performance (i.e. will the I sparkle less)?

How do I go about getting Brian @ WF to inspect the stones? Should I just email my contact there and ask for Brian to chime in?

thanks!

Date: 12/9/2008 11:44:11 AM
Author: vadar

I''m not particularly concerned with the white areas. My question is more about the overall color of the IS images. The J is a darker red, while the I is a lighter pink. Does this impact the performance (i.e. will the I sparkle less)?

How do I go about getting Brian @ WF to inspect the stones? Should I just email my contact there and ask for Brian to chime in?

thanks!
It could just be a matter of different light degrees in the set up.

Call, and tell them you have 2 stones you want Brian to inspect, that you would like to speak with him about them.

Date: 12/9/2008 12:01:43 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 12/9/2008 11:44:11 AM

thanks!

Call, and tell them you have 2 stones you want Brian to inspect, that you would like to speak with him about them.
In that case that is likely the reason, just a difference in the photography set up/ technique/ etc.

Date: 12/9/2008 12:01:43 PM

Thanks.

Does Brian have a last name for when I call?
33.gif

Date: 12/9/2008 1:25:04 PM

Thanks.

33.gif
Yes, though they would know who you meant.
2.gif
It''s Gavin. And he''s very pleasant to talk with, so no worries.

Let us know how it goes!

Date: 12/9/2008 1:29:52 PM

Date: 12/9/2008 1:25:04 PM

Thanks.

33.gif
Yes, though they would know who you meant.
2.gif
It''s Gavin. And he''s very pleasant to talk with, so no worries.

Let us know how it goes!
Yes he is, I am sure you will enjoy speaking with him!

I spoke w/ Brian last night, he was very pleasant to speak with. So my #1 concern (the difference in shade of pink in the IS images) is a non-issue, as you guys suspected. It''s just the IS settings that vary and cause the difference in the light pink vs bold pink overall colors. So that''s great news. Brian did go over all the pros of the ACA (the J) over the diamond I am looking at (the I), but he said at the start, he has a bias for the ACA, being the creator of it. Unfortunately he was just looking at the pictures, not the diamond in person as I hoped, and I think the stuff he pointed out may be important to someone like him, but not to an average person. I also realize that he is going to try and push his proprietary stone, since a) it''s his creation and b) WF makes a much larger margin on it. So I took his comments with a grain of salt, but it was great to speak with him nonetheless. It says volumes about WF as a company when one of the founders is ready to speak with a random customer at the drop of the hat.

SOOO.... I think for my purposes, the I is the way to go. It''s still an AGS0, faces up the same size, and is $3000 cheaper. I''ll get it sent out to evaluate/appraise, and if it turns out to be a total dud in person for some reason, I can always send it back. Thanks for all your help guys!
36.gif

Date: 12/10/2008 9:42:17 AM
I spoke w/ Brian last night, he was very pleasant to speak with. So my #1 concern (the difference in shade of pink in the IS images) is a non-issue, as you guys suspected. It''s just the IS settings that vary and cause the difference in the light pink vs bold pink overall colors. So that''s great news. Brian did go over all the pros of the ACA (the J) over the diamond I am looking at (the I), but he said at the start, he has a bias for the ACA, being the creator of it. Unfortunately he was just looking at the pictures, not the diamond in person as I hoped, and I think the stuff he pointed out may be important to someone like him, but not to an average person. I also realize that he is going to try and push his proprietary stone, since a) it''s his creation and b) WF makes a much larger margin on it. So I took his comments with a grain of salt, but it was great to speak with him nonetheless. It says volumes about WF as a company when one of the founders is ready to speak with a random customer at the drop of the hat.

SOOO.... I think for my purposes, the I is the way to go. It''s still an AGS0, faces up the same size, and is $3000 cheaper. I''ll get it sent out to evaluate/appraise, and if it turns out to be a total dud in person for some reason, I can always send it back. Thanks for all your help guys!
36.gif
Most welcome and congrats to you!!! We would love to see some pics when you get it please
35.gif

Date: 12/10/2008 9:42:17 AM

36.gif
I don''t know if I''d go that far, I have seen them recommend ES stones over ACA. But at any rate, I''m glad you got to speak with him, and have made a decision you seem happy with! Please let us know how it goes, and we''re glad we could help.
1.gif

you can save a lot of you with with 1.90-1.98 and go higher in clarity if that is what you like

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP