shape
carat
color
clarity

Peridot Asscher from Peter Torraca

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

Look what I just bought from Peter......I love the color so much....unusual for a peridot.

30.gif

Here''s Peter''s description:

"Peridot (Pakistan). 2.80ct, 8.05x8.05x6.17mm. Asscher square. Superb, minty color for a Peridot. Eye-clean stone with fantastic flash.

This stone was cut from the peridot rough I picked up in Tucson"

Lori

ptperidot.jpg

Let''s see if this photo is a bit bigger.
9.gif

Lori

peterperidotasscher.jpg

Very nice Lori, I''m so glad someone has picked that one up, it looks like a lovely stone. Is this part of your downsizing/remodelling project?

Yeah it''s really pretty. I''d love to have peridot in that color one of these days.

Date: 3/18/2009 12:25:10 AM
Author: Gailey
Very nice Lori, I''m so glad someone has picked that one up, it looks like a lovely stone. Is this part of your downsizing/remodelling project?
Hi Gailey!

Yes, I''m selling off a bunch of jewelry that I don''t wear and I''m buying some loose gemstones for my collection. I have a bit of OCD and used to jump on things without thinking it through first.
9.gif

Lori

Loriken, it''s beautiful!! What a gorgeous peridot!!

Date: 3/18/2009 12:29:24 AM
Author: innerkitten
Yeah it''s really pretty. I''d love to have peridot in that color one of these days.
Thank you IK! Peridot is my birthstone and I''ve had so many different colors of it over the years. This is the only one of this shade that I''ve seen, and in an asscher, so I had to have her. Most of my other pieces have been sold.

Lori

Very pretty. I like the color.
36.gif

Date: 3/18/2009 12:14:22 AM
Author:loriken214

Look what I just bought from Peter......I love the color so much....unusual for a peridot.

30.gif

''Peridot (Pakistan). 2.80ct, 8.05x8.05x6.17mm. Asscher square. Superb, minty color for a Peridot. Eye-clean stone with fantastic flash.

This stone was cut from the peridot rough I picked up in Tucson''

Lori

Bah! I sent a note to Peter about 6 days ago enquiring about this one but I hadn''t made up my mind....lesson learned! Congratulations to you, it''s beautiful, isn''t it? I''d love to see more pictures when you receive it. What are your plans for the stone? I was thinking of setting it in a beautiful James Meyer, it''s in the archived engagement ring section (style is Eng-A)...picture it in yellow gold...yum!
18.gif

Girl, you are on a roll with some fabulous stones
36.gif

It looks lovely!

Wow. I saw that and thought it was gorgeous!!! I''ve never seen a peridot that color before!

Beautiful!!
30.gif
Reminds me of a mint tourmaline or garnet. Congratulations, and what a unique color for a peridot. It's nice to see one without olive in it.

Beautiful stone!!! I''ll be interested to see how you end up setting it, so many possibilities!

Peridot is also my birthstone, however, I just never have fallen in love with the stone.... but me thinks after seeing that peridot, I have changed my mind. It is a beauty and what a unique color!!!
30.gif

I love that color. I can''t wait to see your pics of it.

Yay! I am so glad you bought the peridot :) I have been willing myself to stay away from his website so I wouldn''t buy it!!! It is gorgeous and we definitely need pics when you receive it :) Congrats!

Thank you SO much for the vote of confidence....it really means a lot to me!!!!
21.gif

I''ve wanted an AWESOME peridot for the longest time, as it is my birthstone, and I''ve had some crappy ones since I was a child. This is IT!

I''m starting to get back into yg again.....maybe even colored gold....peach, green....who knows.

What color would look best...yellow? I''m thinking about sending her to onegarnetgirl to have her bezel set...plain and simple to show her off. Sample photo attached.

Lori

maddyplum.jpg

Date: 3/18/2009 1:19:24 AM
Author: DianaBanana

Date: 3/18/2009 12:14:22 AM
Author:loriken214

30.gif

''Peridot (Pakistan). 2.80ct, 8.05x8.05x6.17mm. Asscher square. Superb, minty color for a Peridot. Eye-clean stone with fantastic flash.

This stone was cut from the peridot rough I picked up in Tucson''

Lori

Bah! I sent a note to Peter about 6 days ago enquiring about this one but I hadn''t made up my mind....lesson learned! Congratulations to you, it''s beautiful, isn''t it? I''d love to see more pictures when you receive it. What are your plans for the stone? I was thinking of setting it in a beautiful James Meyer, it''s in the archived engagement ring section (style is Eng-A)...picture it in yellow gold...yum!
18.gif
Hi DB!

I know the feeling....I''ve missed out on some amazing stones cause I hesitated. Maybe Peter can cut another one for you? He is so great to work with.

I''m partial to asscher cut stones and usually end up letting them sit here in their little boxes so I can stare at them. This one will probably be set.....we''ll see.

Lori

Ooh...I love that color - what a beautiful stone!!
30.gif

I posted a picture of that peridot asscher weeks ago, so no excuse to all those that missed it
emsmile.gif

Peridot lovers better not miss this one!

Peter Toracca Peridot Pear.jpg

Can you give us a link to the website, PLEASE? You guys are on a first name basis with all these gem cutters/
dealers and I never know how to match them up with the websites in the list at the top of this forum. And not
to worry...I''m not competition
1.gif
. Most of these lovely stones are not in my budget
40.gif
!

It''s gorgeous!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

I emailed Peter about the Peridot when I first saw it (probably when Gailey posted it), but someone had already gotten to it first, so we started talking about the Scap. Guess they decided against it or returned it. Either way, Lori - I''m glad you got it!!!!!!

Date: 3/18/2009 2:23:04 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

I emailed Peter about the Peridot when I first saw it (probably when Gailey posted it), but someone had already gotten to it first, so we started talking about the Scap. Guess they decided against it or returned it. Either way, Lori - I''m glad you got it!!!!!!
Lauren, you make a good point. I always make a point of saying, "please let me know if it gets returned", whenever I am interested in a sold gem these days. That''s how I got the Malaya garnet.

What a lovely apple color in that peridot. I
30.gif
30.gif
it!

Date: 3/18/2009 2:00:59 PM
Author: Gailey
I posted a picture of that peridot asscher weeks ago, so no excuse to all those that missed it
emsmile.gif

Peridot lovers better not miss this one!
LOL Gailey.....I sure missed it the first time around!
19.gif

Lori

Date: 3/18/2009 2:23:04 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Your Scap is AMAZING Lauren!!! I was going to ask for something similar if the peridot wasn''t available. The first person backed out.

Lori

what a beautiful peridot - that color is amazing!

Beautimus! I saw this go by on his flickr page. Very very pretty indeed!

ETA: Lori- did you interview Dan's octagonal barion torum?

Date: 3/18/2009 2:15:50 PM
Author: tyty333
Can you give us a link to the website, PLEASE? You guys are on a first name basis with all these gem cutters/

dealers and I never know how to match them up with the websites in the list at the top of this forum. And not

to worry...I''m not competition
1.gif
. Most of these lovely stones are not in my budget
40.gif
!

Ditto tyty''s request. I''d love to check out some of this cutter''s other stones!

Pretty please?

http://torraca.net/gems/

But he also has a Flickr page (that we can't link too) with far more stuff than makes it onto the website. His Flickr ID is ptorraca. Page through, it's worth the time! The tanzanite pear makes my heart flutter.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics