shape
carat
color
clarity

Photoshop help for LOGR setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 11:44:54 AM
Author: girlie-girl

Date: 3/26/2009 11:13:43 AM
Author: tyty333
I always seem to like the cut corner halos so I vote for the split shank. Hey, we need a gold picture that is more gold than
green...can anyone do that?
The color overlay is a little tricky as you''re only able to sample a small spot of color. As gold hues vary because of the lighting, they''re tough to accurately represent on a re-color job. How about this one?

Thanks girly-girl...your shots really help to see what the final ring could look like. Very helpful!!!
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 8:19:36 AM
Author: dannyandterry
.....ooops, yes, he doesn''t charge for change of gold color(so long you stay within the same karat, but he did charge for sizing (if you buy the stock size he has up for sale) then no extra fee, but he did charge me, I know it was no more than $10, but its been a few months since I bought anything from him.
Yes, he charges $10 for up to a size 9.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the pricing info, ladies! It''s a little weird that he hasn''t replied to my ebay message yet...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Well, I finally got the reply, and unfortunately the split shank setting can''t be made for my size of stone. So much for "we can accomodate any size emerald cut etc etc etc..."

So the search continues. Just when I had my heart set on that one too...
8.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''m back with more info! I found another seller with a very similar design who CAN make the ring to accommodate my unusually proportioned stone! It would be $190 base price plus an extra $75 for the custom job...not too terrible.

But in the meantime, when I first heard that LOGR couldn''t do the split-shank halo, I decided to go way cheaper and started looking for sterling silver settings. I found a nice split-shank silver setting that might work.

Here''s the ebay setting that''s similar to the LOGR one...would cost me $265...

ea42_1.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
...and this is what I''d go for in sterling, for less than $20!

What do you guys think? Is the diamond/halo setting worth the extra cash, or should I save the LOGR setting for when I get a more valuable stone? The stone itself only cost about $7, so it''s hard to justify spending $200-300 on the setting...

163-472.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
D''oh, should have checked the second page before I posted!
2.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lauren! I''ll ask the seller what he charges for the custom work - probably comparable to the one I found.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies and gents...I''m back with an update! I bought the setting Lauren linked me to, because it was the cheaper of the ones I was looking at ($189 + $35 vs. $75 for the larger head). It came in the mail today, and it''s beautiful! Not to mention HUGE on my hand. I popped my stone on top of it, and it looks like it will fit nicely. Just have to take it to my local jeweler when I go back home next weekend...then I''ll post some pics!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have pics?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Freke - I can take pics of the setting alone, or maybe with the rock just propped on top of the prongs if you'd like! I was going to wait until it was set though.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
OK, the before pics...

jstar-setting1.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Setting alone on my hand...

jstar-setting-handshot.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
With the stone propped on the prongs...

jstar-handshot-withstone.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Another one propped on the prongs...

jstar-handshot-withstone2.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully in a couple of weeks we''ll have some after pics. Stay tuned!

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Wow...that looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great! Can''t wait to see it finished!

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wow, that''s GORGEOUS!! Can''t wait to see photos once it''s done! :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ABSOLUTELY Stunning,, that is so beautiful!
36.gif
36.gif
Excited to see the finish product :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results