shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help! Just Received Diamond and

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
X prong would be lovely as well. Personally I''d pick the baguette setting though. As to why Vatche... they have name recognition, solid quality and reputation, and good prices. Plus, they seem to pattern their designs on that of much higher level designers (like Tiffany for the baguette setting and the x prong) so the look they achieve is more elegant and refined.. proportionally and in terms of delicacy than other lines that try to do the same thing.

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
I have an appt. to meet with Mark at ERD on Monday morning so I will let all of you who are interested know how it went. So far, my conversations with him have been both online and phone and he seems very low-key and not pushy. I feel confident this will work.

In the meantime, I sent the other ring back to DOW with no trouble or no attempt to try to keep me to keep it...only cost was a had to send it back insured. I guess spending $50 on postage is better than $165 on an appraisal and having to go into the city to have it done as well. DOW has kept their word on return policy.

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
I had to cancel my appt. this morning with Mark at ERD due to weather but made the final arrangements by phone. I decided to stay with a traditional platinum setting with baguettes and the 1.28ct Emerald Cut. I also decided to leave the setting elegant yet simply stated so as to enhance the look of the EC.
I would have like to get a somewhat larger EC and the Vatche looks nice, but I''m going to stay within my budget. ( I went over just $200 ).

GIA Cert.
1.28ct EC
Depth 68.9 ( a bit deep but acceptable)
Table 64.00
Girdle Med to Sl Thick
Culet None
Polish & Symmetry VG
Color G
Clarity VS2

Total Price w/ Platinum setting & .25 Side Baguettes $7200

We discussed all aspects of the diamond, esp table, depth, clarity and color It''s a decent sized EC at 7.51 x 5.08 x 3.50, placing the L/W ratio at 1.47, which I feel is almost a perfect l/w for an EC.

I''m comfortable with the transaction thus far and the price as well. The completed product will be ready on Wednesday. I will be certain to send a picture of it when I receive it and sure hope my wife will be as excited about it as I am.

I feel I made a right choice (hope so, anyway)........thanks for all of your help.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really excited for both you and your wife. I was hoping you''d be able to see it in person but I know the weather in the Northeast is pretty yucky this morning. I hope it''ll be a stunner when you finally get to see it on Wednesday.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! Congrats. Please post pics when you have them... and hand pics. I''m sure she''s gong to be thrilled by your thoughtfulness and attention!

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 2:02:20 PM
Author: Gypsy
YAY! Congrats. Please post pics when you have them... and hand pics. I''m sure she''s gong to be thrilled by your thoughtfulness and attention!
Hello everone. I received the ring and took pictures but i am trying to size them or optimize them so they will be accepted. Im not a great picture taker and it seems they are too large. As soon as I can get this major feat accomplished, I will post pictures and my comments. Thanksssssssssssss.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news to my ears/eyes! I can''t wait to see them.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

waiting2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 9:32:26 AM
Author: Lorelei

LOVE the smiley!
I know. Isn''t it just perfect for times like this??
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2007 9:32:26 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 3/2/2007 9:19:26 AM
Author: Ellen
LOVE the smiley!
I know. I cracked up when I saw it.

Oh Bizpro1, where are the pictures? You need to feed the sharks/wolves here...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results