shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide how to set my new OMB oval stone

Wow, Yenny, it's a gorgeous stone. Incredible faceting and such pretty proportions. Somehow I missed this thread the first time around, but now I will sure to check back for handshots!

Yenny old cuts make my heart go pitter pat! And yours is STUNNING, I cant wait to see your finished ring.

Can we get a status on your ring? Or have I missed an update somewhere?

I'm so excited to see it too—one of my favorite stones ever!

Have you got it back yet? We need pictures, or at least an update. I can't wait to see it.

It is still in progress at Singlestone (totally my fault, not theirs). I've been really cautious about creating the setting, as I decided to "go for it" and create my "forever" setting. I am hoping to have it within the next couple of weeks and will be sure to post plenty of photos at that time. Thanks for checking on my ring/stone!

Aww Yenny, take your time, a stone that beautiful deserves to be the star. Thanks for the update.

yennyfire|1315941116|3016704 said:
It is still in progress at Singlestone (totally my fault, not theirs). I've been really cautious about creating the setting, as I decided to "go for it" and create my "forever" setting. I am hoping to have it within the next couple of weeks and will be sure to post plenty of photos at that time. Thanks for checking on my ring/stone!

Can't wait!!

well it's too late now but I was going to vote for #2, and then there were just so many great suggestions, and then as I got to the fourth page I was waiting for the big reveal, and the poof, all the air came bursting out and my heart sort of fell. I can NOT wait to see what you have chosen for your forever setting. It is the most amazing oval that I have seen. The faceting is incredible! I'm not sure how you can stand being apart from it for so long. There haven't seen many journeys on PS that I felt I NEEDED to follow, but I super can't wait to see how yours ends! Congratulations!!!

Aww, thanks Christina! I have to admit, I'm getting pretty antsy myself! The delay is that Ari's top setter is on vacation until Oct. 1st and he wants to wait to have him set the stone. Obviously, I want the job done as perfectly as possible, so I'm trying to wait patiently, but it's getting tough! Will post plenty of photos as soon as it arrives....Ari has promised that I'll have it by Oct. 10th.....

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP