shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT POH & Rose Gold & DK, Oh My!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sooo excited! My anniversary/birthday ring is done and should be on its way to me soon!!

I traded in my original princess cut diamond towards an OEC years ago, and I love it, but I still hankered for a square shape. Now I can wear one on my right hand!

Without further ado:
.76ct, H, VVS1 princess of hearts (from JA)
18k rose gold shank
platinum head
setting made by DK

dkfrontrock.jpg

dkhandangle.jpg

dksideshot.jpg

Trudii

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring!

P

PierreBear

How delicate but still packs a punch! Beautiful!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow! I love that side engraving. :love: This is absolutely gorgeous! More photos, please. :bigsmile:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! The engraving on the side is a very pretty detail! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just beautiful, truly lovely!! Congratulations!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That engraving is devine! Lovely ring, enjoy wearing her!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Knockout! :appl: :love: :love:

cheers--Sharon

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Re: POH & Rose Gold & DK, Oh My!

Love the clipped corners on that stone! Great ring! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Absolutely stunning! So compact, yet soft and elegant. And it looks beautiful on your hand!

Yes - agreeing with others here - more photos pls!

One of my favorite rings this year on PS! ( - and that metal combo...yummy!)

:love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful concept, and beautifully executed - I love the daisy on the side! Enjoy your new ring!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW :love: this is so gorgeous. Please post lots more pictures - I've not seen this cut before but it's lovely

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blimey! I also have never seen this cut before - it's beautiful!

The ring is perfection. That engraving! :love:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful! I can't wait to see more photos! :appl:

Q

Queenie60

Your ring is lovely. Enjoy and congratulations!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw guys, your responses are making me even more excited! Thank you all for your kind words!!! :)

I don’t actually have the ring yet, these are David’s glamour shots. I will definitely post more pics once I have it!!

About the cut, I learned of it sometime after I joined PS ten years ago. GOG used to sell it, along with Jubilee cuts which are similar. GIA lists it as a Cut-corned Square Modified Brilliant. They’re hard to find now (I couldn’t find them on any other sites) but I feel like it was totally kismet that I came across this one. A year ago I was searching JA’s site for a specific carat weight and this one popped up! I bookmarked it. When DH gave me the green light for my idea, I jumped on it. The JA rep was shocked when he pulled it up for me to process my order. He said it’s rare that they have them, and when they do, they go fast. This one only came up when I searched the specific carat weight - other searches didn’t bring it up, including just going through all their radiants in my price range. So I like to think it was hiding until the time when I could make it my own. :rodent:

Even though it seems so obvious that this was the right stone for this gift, I ‘dated’ a few other stones before making the final commitment. Knowing this cut is hard to find now makes it all the more special, and I’m so glad I stuck with it!

Here’s a link to the original listing, for those who are interested:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/radiant-cut/0.76-carat-h-color-vvs1-clarity-sku-839239

And here’s the ASET

pohaset.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so pretty...every now and then they pop up at JA but not very often. I love the stone in a bezel setting. Helps showcase
its beautiful shape!

Nice job!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just beautiful! Can't wait to see hand shots on your hand!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love:

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
So lovely! Th shape is awesome and I love love love the rose gold!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful! Can't wait to see it on your finger! The setting is amazing!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now this is a gorgeous ring!!! :love: The bezel highlights the beautiful stone, can't wait for hand shots!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW! I really love your ring! The side details are gorgeous and it looks like it would be comfortable as well.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! The engraving on the head is so gorgeous. And the princess of hearts cut itself - :love: :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, I love it!! I'm thinking of something very similar for a stone I have :naughty: .

Can't wait for hand shots!!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this on IG the other night. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! that cut is so cool.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A huge thank you to all of you! It should be here tomorrow, and I am on pins and needles waiting!

JDDN I'm intrigued! What's the stone that you are thinking of setting like this?

kathley, I sure hope it is (comfortable)! That was a key factor.

lorrissey, that's so funny to me! I am not on IG so it's weird to know my ring is 'out there'. :lol:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's here! I LOVE it!! It is so feminine and pretty. :D DH says he knows if I truly love something by my 'happy dance', and I have done the happy dance. :)

I had said that I love flowers and swirls when it comes to engraving, and David had said he wasn't sure flowers would fit. I am so, so happy that there's a flower! And swirls! And I love the metals! And how low and comfortable it is! And the proportions of everything together!

Where I am sitting right now, the gold and the diamond are catching the light beautifully. But of course I can't capture it in pictures. Here are a few that came out decently:

fullhandshot1.jpg

fullhandside.jpg

greatstoneshothand.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results