shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: How do you feel about permitting fireworks?

How do you feel about permitting FWs?

• 100% freedom for unrestricted public and private use

Votes: 4 14.8%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 7.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 18.5%

Votes: 4 14.8%

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 0 They should be completely banned, public or private

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
One of her other Facebook friends said that a house in her town went up in flames because one of the neighbors was setting them off.
EXACTLY my fear. Every year I monitor our yard and trees and hope nothing lands on the roof that ignites. It's very irresponsible and inconsiderate to expose your neighbors to such dangers.

I admit that sometimes my first reaction is to not like the idea of changes in general just because it's not how things were back in the "good old days," when I was young. There's also something about any individual freedom being taken away that rubs me wrong, on first thought.

However, to me, that's outranked by the philosophy that "your rights end where mine begin." So, among the other logical arguments, I'd say fireworks should not be legal in most circumstances because the noise, fire risk etc. is not limited to the owners'/users' property or vicinity.

This also reminds me of the seatbelt and motorcycle helmet laws. Very few people self-pay for the results of the unnecessary and stupid choice to not use their seatbelt or helmet, so that's another way that it effects us all, with higher taxes or insurance premiums and etc.

Last edited:
I voted 50% because I feel that fireworks should only be handled by municipalities in "official" FW shows. It should be strictly illegal to set off fireworks in residential neighborhoods, imo.

I enjoy fireworks as part of an organised display (November and New Year). I'm sure that where I live the law was recently changed and it is now illegal to buy/sell fireworks to members of the public and I agree with that change.

in my teens I got to use actual dynamite

Hum, dynamite. Glad you have all of your digits, assuming you do.
Anymore firefighting with your O2 tank strapped on and you’ll be the fireworks. Please stay safe Karl!

Hum, dynamite. Glad you have all of your digits, assuming you do.
Anymore firefighting with your O2 tank strapped on and you’ll be the fireworks. Please stay safe Karl!

lol I do.
We were blowing up stumps and rocks for a construction project. My cousin had a license for it which prior to the OKC attack was very easy to get.

Yes I will be careful around fires. :}

@Karl_K can a diamond be blown up with TNT?

IOW, does the properties of diamond that resist scratches also make it stronger to withstand, what I guess we'd call, structural failure?

Last edited:
@Karl_K can a diamond be blown up with TNT?

IOW, does the properties of diamond that resist scratches also make it stronger to withstand, what I guess we's call, structural failure?

Yes it will explode with over pressure but it takes a lot more pressure than a lot of things.
It is mined using explosives.
These days tnt is not used its more of a medium explosive that is used vs a high explosive(tnt).
Lower pressure over a longer time splits rock better than higher pressure very short time explosions.
Plastic or liquid or powder based explosives are used depending on what they need.
Many modern explosives are binary, 2 parts..each part by itself safe to ship and handle.
Then when combined they form an explosive.

Tannerite is a civilian legal binary low explosive. Very interesting stuff. Takes a bullet to set it of.

Last edited:
Fascinating!
Thanks Karl.

You never cease to amaze! :clap:

Cannot. Stand. Them. Ban em all forever, banish them from existence.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP