shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible overblue?

I like your collection. These are minerals from the earth at the end of the day. I think it’s amazing that rocks like this can be dug up, with all their weird characteristics.

PS: Thank you!

Strong fluorescence combined with internal graining can do fun things! The diamonds I have seen with strong fluorescence without enough internal graining aren’t as interesting. Curious to see what you find with yours!

What fun stones. I love love the yellow that shows green. So unexpected. Such a big change from the vendor photo. The rosy brown is very pretty too. Love the chameleon effects of UV. Thanks for sharing that post!

Strong fluorescence combined with internal graining can do fun things! The diamonds I have seen with strong fluorescence without enough internal graining aren’t as interesting. Curious to see what you find with yours!

FWIW I have two SBF that are high-clarity and there is some color change but not much milkiness.

oh crap, do I want this? I think I might. Please advise.

If you want opalescence then you might need more inclusions?

This thread is amazing! I've been off the forum for about a week bc my 8 week old is struggling with food, which is making me me panic. @freddyboston where did you find that first VSB round? I love it.

@MMtwo I csnt wait to see it! Your stone collection is my dream, because we seem to share the same unusual taste. I am living vicariously through you!

This thread is amazing! I've been off the forum for about a week bc my 8 week old is struggling with food, which is making me me panic. @freddyboston where did you find that first VSB round? I love it.

@MMtwo I csnt wait to see it! Your stone collection is my dream, because we seem to share the same unusual taste. I am living vicariously through you!

Hi Lovesdogs! I have been thinking of you (especially with fluorescent stones) and wondered how you're doing with your sweet baby. I am so sorry you're struggling with feeding issues. Sending a hug. It's not easy when they are so small!

We do love the same quirky stones! Thanks, and I enjoy your collection too! Welcome back. Hope you're getting enough sleep!

Rarecaret.... i wonder if in their in house Quality Control will make you sign a waiver to get it... :)

1724864499672.png

Last edited:
thanks - now here's heartbreaker.... so perfect but look what they did to it :(
it deserved better......

1724866232697.png

1724866171618.png

Symmetry, excellent? Cut by Edward Scissorhands?

i just hope whoever does buy it knows what they are gettting.....
This J is interesting... Ritani has it @ 2k

1724877615329.png

i just hope whoever does buy it knows what they are gettting.....
This J is interesting... Ritani has it @ 2k

1724877615329.png

In my experiance twinning is not usually enough to create milkyness.
But the graining here should. Hard to capture but visible front and back.
1724892471065.png1724892553333.png

GIA use backlight so twinned SI2's are a bargain as front lighting rarely shows the same results.

PS wouldn't let me post video but here's a couple pics.

This will be so much fun, looking forward to more pictures! Does it have a pinkish glow outside? Looks like that in picture one.

Well, no crazy sunshine effects. She is pretty enough, but does have some center leakage per my asset scope. That’s okay though. She was a “rock collection” addition.

1.2 M vs2 with 35.5/40.8 combo. Strong blue.

IMG_0733.jpegIMG_0726.jpegIMG_0708.jpegIMG_0697.jpegIMG_0700.jpegIMG_0699.jpegIMG_0694.jpeg

Last edited:
Beautiful!

I know what you mean about rock collection.

Thanks :) kinda bummed it wasn’t a flat blue outside. It is with a UV light, but that doesn’t count :)

It's almost impossible to discern the blue fluoro effect from blue sky effect MM. The blue fluorescence is so faint that in bright daylight its hard to see.
Here is a fun test I just devised:
Using your UV torch have someone take photos or a video as you take your stone from very dark to daylight then direct sunlight.
With the torch you should still see some blue fluoro effect in strong daylight - but the UV torch creates more blue than the daylight.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP