shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Depth% and Table% (again)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 5/20/2003 5:35:35 PM kizor wrote:
...BTW I was faxed Sarin info concerning some of the stones you were inquiring about, specifically the square stone (1.06ct D VS1). The stone has a 26.7 crown angle with a 60.7 pavilion angle along with the 61 table and 74 depth. That combo I KNOW does not work so I'd recommend a pass on that particular stone.

Wow...does that mean this stone has a very high crown height %? I am looking for 9-10. Although the table is nice and low(i am assuming that is good)...the depth is 13 points higher. Is that something I should avoid? You mentioned in a previous post that u liked about 5 diference between table and depth.----------------
Hi Kizor,

Actually on this particular stone the crown angles were too shallow for the pavilion that it was being coupled with. FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES here is a diamond with a crown/pavilion combo that is similar ... http://www.goodoldgold.com/princess_1_27ct_d_vs1.htm. This diamonds crown angle is 26.3 with a pavilion angle of 58.5. It's table/total depth on paper looked SUPER. Total depth was 72.3% with a 68% table. Optical results were not pleasing as you can see there is considerable leakage all around the outside of the table.

The crown height on the 1.06ct was just under 9%. While that does throw up a flag it's the relationship between the angles that are more important.

Did you see our page entitled "Common Princess"? It features a virtual comparison of what is commonly sold on the market vs the rarest and how these can be compared side by side on the internet in a type of "virtual reality". If you'd like to see that drop me an email and I'll share that with ya. It's really cool.

Peace,
Jonathan

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 5/20/2003 4
6.gif
1:16 PM aljdewey wrote:

----------------
On 5/19/2003 11:32:57 PM Rhino wrote:

Barry,

When you use people only to stab them in the back all I can say is you reap what you sow. That's all I'll say about this.

----------------

Rhino....the same admonition to you. It's very unbecoming of you guys take shots at one another in this forum. It doesn't matter who does or doesn't "start it". It can't continue if both don't fuel the fire.

----------------
Point taken Al. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results