shape
carat
color
clarity

princess of cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nrayan

Rough_Rock
hi-

i''ve been reading the forum for a couple months now and this is my first post :)

i have always wanted a princess cut halo ring (big fan of michael b rings), but now i find myself second guessing myself. my FI just put a deposit down on a 1.3 carat princess stone, but i thought it looked a bit small on my size 7 finger. i had the choioce between a 1.3 and a 1.5 but i chose the 1.3 because it actually looked bigger because it was a better cut. for me, the size that the stone looks is more important than how many carats it is.

i have been appreciating cushions more and more as i see them on this forum. so my question is... generally would a 1.3 cushion face up larger than a 1.3 princess? i know there are so many variables, but lets just say its a cushion with a 1.15 ration and an excellent cut princess. do the cushions give more sparkle?

thanks!!!

Date: 12/16/2008 1:29:22 AM
Author:nrayan
hi-

i''ve been reading the forum for a couple months now and this is my first post :)

i have always wanted a princess cut halo ring (big fan of michael b rings), but now i find myself second guessing myself. my FI just put a deposit down on a 1.3 carat princess stone, but i thought it looked a bit small on my size 7 finger. i had the choioce between a 1.3 and a 1.5 but i chose the 1.3 because it actually looked bigger because it was a better cut. for me, the size that the stone looks is more important than how many carats it is.

i have been appreciating cushions more and more as i see them on this forum. so my question is... generally would a 1.3 cushion face up larger than a 1.3 princess? i know there are so many variables, but lets just say its a cushion with a 1.15 ration and an excellent cut princess. do the cushions give more sparkle?

thanks!!!
They are two different looks so what you need to do is to compare two actual diamonds by the diameters to see which will face up larger. Personally I prefer cushions, but if you are unsure compare as many diamonds as you can before deciding. Sometimes what we always think we would want isn''t ultimately what we choose!

I think Princess is much more better the cusion the problem with cusion is the depth if you are takeing a 1.50 princess and 1.50 cousion and you can see that the princess is much more bigger and sparkell

Date: 12/16/2008 4:22:35 AM
Author: mshay
I think Princess is much more better the cusion the problem with cusion is the depth if you are takeing a 1.50 princess and 1.50 cousion and you can see that the princess is much more bigger and sparkell
Not necessarily.

Date: 12/16/2008 4:23:55 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 12/16/2008 4:22:35 AM

Author: mshay

Not necessarily.

Ditto, it has to be compared on a case by case basis.

To me a cushion and a princess is like comparing oranges to apples, you need to compare some well cut princess and well cut cushions to see what you like better.

maybe you could get a cushette fron goooldgold.com then you would not have to worry about what to get

Another option are the Whiteflash X-Factor diamonds...they have an outline more similar to a cushion (not the same, but similar) but facets like a princess...

Good ideas Neat and Breann!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP