carat
color
clarity

RE: Need Help With Choosing Diamond

northbound336

Rough_Rock
Hi fellow diamond enthusiasts,

I am considering buying a 1.9-2.2 carat round SIC, and have a few questions,

1) Is the difference between a G and H color noticeable for this carat range?
2) Should I go with a lower carat weight and get a G, or a higher carat weight with the H
3) Looked at JamesAllen, Whiteflash and BGD, it seems there are more H choices than G, has that always been the case throughout or just based on current availability?
4) Are there any other reputable vendor/sites with good service that I should consider getting from?

It seems the price jump from a H color to G color is pretty significant. Is it worth it? Would appreciate any advice from people who have more experience in pricing knowledge on what's a good price I should go for that's considered a valuable/good deal.

Thanks in advance!

There is obviously color difference between G and H. However, from a face up position, some would probably find it to be negligible. I would suggest that you choose a couple of diamonds in your size range and ask Whiteflash to do a side by side video of them. You will see them face up and face down (in the position they are color graded) so that you can see what you think. Color is a very personal thing; some see it immediately, some see but don't care about it, some see it and say no.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP