shape
carat
color
clarity

Recut for colored stones

newdiamondworld

Shiny_Rock
Hi fellow colored stone enthusiasts,

I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable professional (preferably in the U.S.) to recut two stones. One stone requires a minor recut, while the other may need more extensive work. I've come across some negative experiences with recuts on this forum, so I'm hoping to find someone with a strong reputation for quality work.

I appreciate any trusted recommendations you can provide!

Boyd Fox in Texas has re-cut a few colored stones for me. I was very happy with the results.

I second the recommendation for Boyd Fox! He's tweaked 2 spinels and 1 sapphire for me, all greatly improved.

Boyd Fox in Texas has re-cut a few colored stones for me. I was very happy with the results.

I second the recommendation for Boyd Fox! He's tweaked 2 spinels and 1 sapphire for me, all greatly improved.
Thank you both! I reached out to him last week, and he responded. I completed his form and sent my stone, which appears to have been delivered to his mailroom/reception yesterday, despite being marked for signature upon delivery. I've been following up to confirm if he received it, but haven't heard back. Is it normal for him to be so unresponsive? I'm used to vendors confirming receipt promptly, especially when dealing with precious gems.
Kind of nervous now... :roll2:

Yeah I would say that's quite typical, the only downside is the communication in my experience. Also remember to ask for pics/videos when he finishes as sometimes he forgets that too lol, he seems to be very busy, but gets the job done.

Yeah I would say that's quite typical, the only downside is the communication in my experience. Also remember to ask for pics/videos when he finishes as sometimes he forgets that too lol, he seems to be very busy, but gets the job done.

Thank you for responding. Communication is a big deal in my book.
It's an expensive stone and it makes me feel so uneasy that it just sits in some mail room.. ugh

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics