shape
carat
color
clarity

Reflections/environmental factors - Thinking out loud, please advise if you can :)

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
Just let your diamond get a little dirty and it will stop doing this so much lol. That is probably why you didn’t notice it so much in your other one (no shade, I can’t keep my diamonds spotless either). Oils really diminish the optics.

Thank you I had not thought about this, I'm sure that plays a role too! I'm feeling much better after talking with everyone here. I feel a bit silly to be honest, but I'm happy that I could tell someone how I was feeling so that it wasn't playing on my mind!

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok thank you that makes sense. I think I am just overthinking things way too much. Right now I am at my laptop in a light pink top and my diamond looks different once again. Its bright white but also looks softer, with smaller flashes. I think I need to appreciate that this is part of having a super ideal diamond and not expect it to look the same all the time.

Thank you so much for taking the time to put my mind at ease, I know I probably sound nuts!

No, you don't sound nuts. I look at it this way - folks that care enough about the cut of their diamond to buy an ACA are probably very particular people. I know I am! If something feels off, it feels off and you have to try to get to the bottom of it. I understand how the appearance of a diamond can change as my ACA does it too. I had to get used to my new one when I upgraded so I completely understand. You expect them to be carbon copies of one another and when they look slightly different, it throws you. I hope you enjoy your new diamond every day and that it brings you lots of happiness and joy!

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
No, you don't sound nuts. I look at it this way - folks that care enough about the cut of their diamond to buy an ACA are probably very particular people. I know I am! If something feels off, it feels off and you have to try to get to the bottom of it. I understand how the appearance of a diamond can change as my ACA does it too. I had to get used to my new one when I upgraded so I completely understand. You expect them to be carbon copies of one another and when they look slightly different, it throws you. I hope you enjoy your new diamond every day and that it brings you lots of happiness and joy!

Thank you, yes that's 100% it, even thought logically I know that no 2 diamonds will ever be exactly the same, I didn't realise how easily I would notice a small difference.

But all good now! I have been loving it so much and looking at it in different lighting, with different colours and it is amazing. It blows my mind that I can actually see the arrows! I am going to do a post over on show my your bling later on but here are some photos I took today :)

ring 1.jpg ring 2.jpg ring 3.jpg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, yes that's 100% it, even thought logically I know that no 2 diamonds will ever be exactly the same, I didn't realise how easily I would notice a small difference.

But all good now! I have been loving it so much and looking at it in different lighting, with different colours and it is amazing. It blows my mind that I can actually see the arrows! I am going to do a post over on show my your bling later on but here are some photos I took today :)

It looks perfect on you!

jjca

Rough_Rock

WOW - that’s a beautiful diamond. Congrats

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results